Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

Hi, I ordered a Sigourney photo, but I am not convinced I have done the £2.50 validation bit correctly as the charge is not showing up on the receipt email. It does say "I agree that I have added E-Ticket Validation to my Order by clicking the button on the left. Accepted" but I do not see the cost there. This is different to what happened when I booked the Michael J Fox photo as that definitely shows the £2.50 charge on the receipt email.

Any ideas how to check or what to do? Thanks very much for your help.

• Moderators

I think my questions got lost in the melee so I'll ask them again if that's OK ... :-)

Firstly, can I use the Diamond Pass over the two days? e.g get an autograph one day and a photoshoot the other?

Secondly, does it matter if the Diamond Pass is in a different name from the person who will use it? There was no option for an alternate name on the payment page, just the name of the person paying ...

Yes I believe you will, if there is anything time specific for diamond pass holders it will be posted on here.

Re your second question I believe QS has had a few of these queries so will leave this one to her

• Moderators

Hi, I ordered a Sigourney photo, but I am not convinced I have done the £2.50 validation bit correctly as the charge is not showing up on the receipt email. It does say "I agree that I have added E-Ticket Validation to my Order by clicking the button on the left. Accepted" but I do not see the cost there. This is different to what happened when I booked the Michael J Fox photo as that definitely shows the £2.50 charge on the receipt email.

If you haven't added the validation fee you will receive an email where you will have the opportunity to pay it

Just a standard photoshoot for Sunday booked with her.

I've mentioned in other threads that I'm a photo man as opposed to an autograph person if I'm forced to chose, and I think this is a guest where I'm going to have to pick 1 or the other. Still it's good that she, along with all the Diamond guests, are able to do shoots and autos separate and your not forced in purchasing the Diamond pass to get both (MJF being the understandable exception).

Who knows, I might pick up a lottery win and be able to pick up an auto on the day. :whistling:

• Like 3

• Moderators

Any word on pre-booking autos yet? Holding out on a photo till then.

As there is the diamond pass option available I can't see there being another alternative, if this option does however become available it will be posted on here.

I think my questions got lost in the melee so I'll ask them again if that's OK ... :-)

Firstly, can I use the Diamond Pass over the two days? e.g get an autograph one day and a photoshoot the other?

Secondly, does it matter if the Diamond Pass is in a different name from the person who will use it? There was no option for an alternate name on the payment page, just the name of the person paying ...

Yes I believe you will, if there is anything time specific for diamond pass holders it will be posted on here.

E-Mail the store please, this is special. They may have to change the name, but at least you would probably need a statement from the person who paid.

E-Mail the store please, this is special. They may have to change the name, but at least you would probably need a statement from the person who paid.

I sent a message to the store through the Eventbrite website. Is that enough or should I send an email, too?

Any word on pre-booking autos yet? Holding out on a photo till then.

I've already said, I have no idea when to expect an answer to the questions I collected. A little over 2 hours wasn't quite the timeframe I had in mind when I made that post. ;)

In all seriousness, I don't expect a reply before tomorrow at the earliest. And even then for reasons already stated it is extremely likely that prebooking will be added.

I sent a message to the store through the Eventbrite website. Is that enough or should I send an email, too?

store@showmastersevents.com please. I have no clue how the Eventbrite e-mails are routed, this ist he more safe way.

At £95 an auto I really don't think I'm underestimating how busy she will be. Yeah sure she's a huge guest and i for one can't wait to meet her, but really at that price I don't think she's going to be as popular as other smaller guests.

Edited by bruces
  • Like 1

store@showmastersevents.com please. I have no clue how the Eventbrite e-mails are routed, this ist he more safe way.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Just a standard photoshoot for Sunday booked with her.

I've mentioned in other threads that I'm a photo man as opposed to an autograph person if I'm forced to chose, and I think this is a guest where I'm going to have to pick 1 or the other. Still it's good that she, along with all the Diamond guests, are able to do shoots and autos separate and your not forced in purchasing the Diamond pass to get both (MJF being the understandable exception).

Who knows, I might pick up a lottery win and be able to pick up an auto on the day. :whistling:

Lucky for me I feel the same way, I'll try and get a vq ticket as well and get a signature if possible, I also tend to have the picture from the photoshoot signed to my first name rather than have a poster or promotional pics signed, especially at that price where I definitely can't afford more than one signature . This is even more true with so many quality guests announced.

As much as I love having many names announced I kind of wish we're done for this year.

• Moderators

I get a delivery failure when I try to use that address ... ??

try shop@showmastersevents.com

Thank you! :-)

Thank you! :-)

Sorry. Answering in 4 windows in 3 different languages at the same time does do bad things to your brain. ><

• Like 2

If you haven't added the validation fee you will receive an email where you will have the opportunity to pay it

Thanks very much, I will wait and see if I receive an email.

Ok so small panic now just spent out on diamond pass got my email barcode etc etc but just noticed a comment that diamond passed are being sent out

Eventbrite asked me for my post code but did not ask for my address did not ask to set up an account either ordered on my phone

Do I need to be worried

Appreciate a quick reply arghhh panic !

• Moderators

Ok so small panic now just spent out on diamond pass got my email barcode etc etc but just noticed a comment that diamond passed are being sent out

Eventbrite asked me for my post code but did not ask for my address did not ask to set up an account either ordered on my phone

Do I need to be worried

Appreciate a quick reply arghhh panic !

You should receive an email, once the team at the office come to your order they will see there is no address.

Maybe safe if you fire them an email.

• Like 1

I'm probably gonna get shot down for this - hopefully I won't but here goes.

With some of the comments I'm seeing in this thread along the lines of "How much?" "Too expensive" "I won't pay that price" etc etc it just always brings to mind the whole thing when it comes to guests of a MASSIVE size that people claim they want to meet, some of these names have just been very unrealistic:

George Lucas.

Mr. Spielberg.

Harrison Ford

Pacino,

Nicholson

De Niro

Tom Hanks

ALL massive names, all very known names, all names people would love to meet but then comes the reality that these same guests DO come at a price, and more often than not, that price ain't pretty for many. Stallone and Arnie would cost around £500 (ish) but here we have arguably one of THE biggest guests we're EVER likely to see at a con like this SIGOURNEY "FRICKIN" WEAVER who is up there with GILLIAN ANDERSON and PRINCESS FISHER as the largest ICONIC FEMALES in not just sci fi movies/tv but true SCI FI LEGENDS.

Three years ago people were bleating on about how expensive Gillian was, last year the same with Carrie and now we have one of THE biggest names in the genre attending at (lets face it a very affordable price) of £95 and its too expensive? For someone as huge as her its too expensive? I wonder how many people would be moaning about Harrison Ford et al being too expensive IF he was the ridiculously cheap price of £200 - its precisely this reason why I often just shake my head when people want such huge names.

At the end of the day, you ask for the name, you beg for the name, you plead for the name... Expect to pay the price tag that is associated with the name.

Like I said the other day, this is a luxury that we can afford ourselves (once other finances are out of the way, paying orf a mortgage, insuring the car, making sure we have a roof over our head, keeping warm and making sure we have food in the fridge) then we can treat ourselves to something a bit out of the ordinary and in many cases doesn't come along that often - meeting a TRUE ICON.

Yes, £95 is a lot of money to many, that I understand but cmon, lets face it Sigourney Weaver is worth it. And *Whispers* we're very lucky to have her at this price.

#GreetingsandSalutations

• Like 21