Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

Is it possible that since this is a popular once in a lifetime guest that you could order autographs beforehand?

I know it doesn't work like this but surely there must be something for a guest like Mrs Weaver?

As not being guaranteed an autograph isn't much good.

Can nothing be done?

I have no idea why it doesn't seem to be the case here. The one time it was done (Jeri Ryan) it was announced with the guest announcement.

I am collecting all info and passing it on to the office to be answered. There are some things I just can't answer, and I don't know when I will have a reply.

There were pre-booked autograph tickets for Matt Smith a few years back too as I had some :)

Surely Sigourney is worth it then?

• Like 1

Is it possible that since this is a popular once in a lifetime guest that you could order autographs beforehand?

I know it doesn't work like this but surely there must be something for a guest like Mrs Weaver?

Can nothing be done?

I might be wrong but I'm sure Showmasters trialed some sort of pre-booking autos for Jeri Ryan for the London Entertainment & Media Show (EMS) in 2011. No idea why they did or if it proved a good idea.

I guess there is no real to guarantee how many signatures any guest can get through in a day because there are so many variable factors but do think that being able to pre-book a certain amount of auto tickets would be good for true fans. If that could happen, that number/batch of auto tickets that could be reserved would also have to not be so large as to stop people trying to get an autograph on the day. Not everybody will want to, or be able to pre-book.

do we none goldpass holders stand a chance to get a autograph if we get in very early ???

If you get there early and stay all day everyone has a chance.

Precisely, look at how it was with Gillian Anderson - correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't she open queue by the end of the day at her first appearance?

I was shocked Gillian went open queue at the end of the day (around 4/5pm if I remember correctly), and I'm sure her VTs were in the 1000+ area. I was even more surprised at this given that she was personalising for all who wanted, and there were no noticeable restrictions on the number of autographs one could have.

When she was at Milton Keynes the year after she was even easier to meet and went open queue very early.

But lets be honest, as much popular as Gillian Anderson is, Sigourney Weaver will be a bigger draw as a far rarer guest.

• Like 1

"I asked before but it wasn't answered.is it likely that the Aliens cast talk and the MJF talk on the saturday will be kept apart? thanks."

Those are two major talks that I imagine will both be on the biggest stage. I doubt they will clash.

(sorry about quote. Looks like the site is messing me up with the amount of people on here!)

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

do we none goldpass holders stand a chance to get a autograph if we get in very early ???

From what I've read, Gold Pass holders may need VQ tickets as well so the only people guaranteed an easy time are the Diamond Pass holders. (The Gold Pass holders have the advantage of getting in a bit quicker so can pick up a low VQ ticket).

Anyone stands a chance. I managed to get Stan Lee's last year on the Friday. I've known guests do 800+ autos on a day before. Of course the issue with a guest like this is the fact she's doing a lot of other stuff besides signing which cuts down on her time (I can't remember how many VQ tickets Stan Lee got through last year but it wasn't many - he is a much older man though).

Basically, get there early, pick up a VQ, be prepared to stay late!

I asked before but it wasn't answered.is it likely that the Aliens cast talk and the MJF talk on the saturday will be kept apart? thanks.

As I already posted on top of this page:

I am collecting all info and passing it on to the office to be answered. There are some things I just can't answer, and I don't know when I will have a reply.

If I don't reply immediately I have to check. That is one of those "I have no clue" questions.

I am assuming NO cause the biggest talk area will be used for sure for both talks, but as the talk tickets are pricey you probably rather would not want to go by my assumptions I imagine.

Precisely, look at how it was with Gillian Anderson - correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't she open queue by the end of the day at her first appearance?

Exactly. Also Karen Gillan's LFCC debut. OK she did 1 talk and 2 pic sessions. I got my ticket in Early-Bird.. but she only got to my number / open Q right at the end. After I'd run out of cash.. Got her at MK later though..

This is why I'm not worrying that much :)

gutted I missed her, I doubt ill get the chance to meet her or david

Never say never my Friend, with them shooting the revival at the moment and the obvious amount of hype/new found interest that will garner either to life long fans or indeed new ones there'll always be the chance of Gillian coming back with David. :)

#Believe

• Like 2

Just worried because of photoshoots on that day also, if i get there early and get a vq ticket and say if i also have a few photoshoots nearing the time im at the autograph que is there some way i can work that ???

Once your VQ number has been called you can join the auto queue at any time - go to the photoshoot and join the auto queue after.

why cant the big guests come on the Friday? I have a feeling Friday will be very quiet lol this will be my first time, and from what I hear about the heat and people feeling ill in the ques I mite be missing out on some major names but at the same time it wont be as busy, or it could be manic I wont know till the day.

really am gutted ill be missing out on her.

Because of guest availability. She may only fly in Thursday and use Friday to get used to the time zone.

Friday is not going to be quiet for sure, I can guarantee you that.

sorry to keep asking questions tonight I know how busy you are. in a way im glad it will be quiet as its my first time, im going alone and due to an accident, I cant walk very fast anymore and while its quiet ill be able to make my way round buying autographs, I have the photo shoots all booked and id like to have a look around the stalls. ive been saving up on the side and all going well I mite even be able to buy an extra photo shoot on the day or get a chance to just sit and have a drink lol. im happy im going Friday even tho im missing some outstanding names im sure ill have a good time anyway and you never know, I mite be lucky and get some xfiles cast next year lol ive also put my name down for crew on the sunday show at Bournemouth, and live in hope I can get Robert Englund lol

Can nothing be done?

I have no idea why it doesn't seem to be the case here. The one time it was done (Jeri Ryan) it was announced with the guest announcement.

There were pre-booked autograph tickets for Matt Smith a few years back too as I had some :)

Thanks, I forgot about Matt.

I am collecting questions and suggestions as I stated. This idea of pre-booking has been noted and will be forwarded. But as it was even tried twice then ;) I am pretty sure there have been specific reasons why the system is not used this time. I very much doubt that these reasons will be made public.

As a fan of Alien, I am very happy. That said, as someone who has already budgeted ahead for who I wish to meet this does kinda put a question mark over those plans. £95 is a lot of money for an autograph, especially for when you can't even be sure you'll be able to get!

Might have to go sell some blood.

Yeah but if you don't get the auto you've still got the £95.

Sorry to ask again just wanting to know do we buy her

autograph on the day?

Yes, you need to get a VQ ticket first thing (Don't leave it as you want a low as possible number, assuming you don't have a diamond pass) you then pay when you get to the front of the auto queue. Therefore Auto's are not guaranteed unless you have a diamond ticket as there may be hundreds of people in front of you.
I've got a gold ticket is that good enough?

As a couple of posters have meanwhile agreed on, as long as you don't show up at 11 and wonder why the VQ tickets have gone (this is WITHOUT a Gold Pass) you should be alright if you can hang around all day.

No one can guarantee anything though - at one event a guest had to leave for a couple of hours cause a family member was in hospital.

How do you get vq tickets sorry never done vq's before

Walk (don't run ;) ) to the autograph area. Person in a crew tee shirt will be standing in front of the guest's signing area handing out what look like raffle tickets with numbers on. Return occasionally to look at the board near the queue and see what number they're up to. When it's your number, hand you ticket to the nice crew member and join the queue.

You keep saying you have a Gold Pass. We've explained to you a million times already about Gold Passes and VQ tickets.

Also please give me a chance to answer and don't ask the same thing twice within 4 minutes. I am flying solo tonight and I kind of have my hands full.

• Like 1

Based on Stan Lee would it not be smart to be able to PRE BOOK an autograph?? or could you not get a VQ ticket on Friday ready for saturday and sunday. SURELY something has to be put in place so its not another trample fest, to be able to pre book an auto for such a guest is wise.

If you mean pre book for an in person auto It would be very hard to run. How many would they offer? I know what you mean, it would make things a lot easier for attendees if you knew you had an auto ticket but the variables are too great. If they sell 500 for example but Ms Weaver is a slow signer or lots of people get multiple autos what happens if they only get through 300 of those tickets. The other 200 will be up in arms demanding the auto they have paid for.

As for giving out the tickets on Friday that is extremely unfair, it would force people to take days off they maybe can't/don't want to, possibly pay for an extra day's accommodation just to be there on friday to get one slip of paper.

Hi Queen Sindel,

Maybe an important question one for many, if you could please pass the enquiry forward to be clarified in due time...

The Diamond Pass says 1x auto is guaranteed with the option to buy 1x more auto at a reduced rate of £75.

...will attendees (with Diamond Pass OR indeed without) be capped at 2 autographs MAXIMUM?

OR

...will attendees be able to buy more than one autograph? And if so how many? And will any quantity beyond x2 be at the price of £95 each?

Thank you in anticipation.

(capping seems a good idea to give more people a chance to meet her even though I would like to buy more than 2)

Edited by Dent_1

Based on Stan Lee would it not be smart to be able to PRE BOOK an autograph?? or could you not get a VQ ticket on Friday ready for saturday and sunday. SURELY something has to be put in place so its not another trample fest, to be able to pre book an auto for such a guest is wise.

If you mean pre book for an in person auto It would be very hard to run. How many would they offer? I know what you mean, it would make things a lot easier for attendees if you knew you had an auto ticket but the variables are too great. If they sell 500 for example but Ms Weaver is a slow signer or lots of people get multiple autos what happens if they only get through 300 of those tickets. The other 200 will be up in arms demanding the auto they have paid for.

As for giving out the tickets on Friday that is extremely unfair, it would force people to take days off they maybe can't/don't want to, possibly pay for an extra day's accommodation just to be there on friday to get one slip of paper.

There have been designated queues for popular guests before too. I don't know if this is the plan for Sigourney - I currently don't even have an idea if the venue allows this - but that would be one method for crowd control for example.

Raylenth is definitely right, handing out VT on Friday for the other days is definitely not going to happen.

Walk (don't run ;) ) to the autograph area. Person in a crew tee shirt will be standing in front of the guest's signing area handing out what look like raffle tickets with numbers on. Return occasionally to look at the board near the queue and see what number they're up to. When it's your number, hand you ticket to the nice crew member and join the queue.

thank so much mate she will be the 1st person I go to good job I've got a gold pass lol

Can nothing be done?

I might be wrong but I'm sure Showmasters trialed some sort of pre-booking autos for Jeri Ryan for the London Entertainment & Media Show (EMS) in 2011. No idea why they did or if it proved a good idea.

I guess there is no real to guarantee how many signatures any guest can get through in a day because there are so many variable factors but do think that being able to pre-book a certain amount of auto tickets would be good for true fans. If that could happen, that number/batch of auto tickets that could be reserved would also have to not be so large as to stop people trying to get an autograph on the day. Not everybody will want to, or be able to pre-book.

I was shocked Gillian went open queue at the end of the day (around 4/5pm if I remember correctly), and I'm sure her VTs were in the 1000+ area. I was even more surprised at this given that she was personalising for all who wanted, and there were no noticeable restrictions on the number of autographs one could have.

When she was at Milton Keynes the year after she was even easier to meet and went open queue very early.

But lets be honest, as much popular as Gillian Anderson is, Sigourney Weaver will be a bigger draw as a far rarer guest.

So was I, was surprised she personalised (that made my LFCC that didand will always go down in memory for being such a wonderful moment) she was on a five per person Autograph thing - best £225 I've ever spent.

In my opinion Gillian and Sigourney rival each other they're of both the same calibre (But thats only my opinion) I know how huge Sigourney is but for many its all subjective

• Like 3

Hi Queen Sindel,

Maybe an important question one for many, if you could please pass the enquiry forward to be clarified in due time...

The Diamond Pass says 1x auto is guaranteed with the option to buy 1x more auto at a reduced rate of £75.

...will attendees (with Diamond Pass OR indeed without) be capped at 2 autographs MAXIMUM?

OR

...will attendees be able to buy more than one autograph? And if so how many? And will any quantity beyond x2 be at the price of £95 each?

Thank you in anticipation.

(seems a good idea to give more people a chance even though I would like to buy more than 2)

The Diamond Pass cap seems to be definite going from the wording in the post. I imagine normal pass holders will be at this cap too. It would be kind of unfair to give them three when Diamond Pass holders can get only two, don't you think?

• Like 1

You keep saying you have a Gold Pass. We've explained to you a million times already about Gold Passes and VQ tickets.

Also please give me a chance to answer and don't ask the same thing twice within 4 minutes. I am flying solo tonight and I kind of have my hands full.

sorry for some reason it repeated the same question twice was wondering is there anymore guests today and well done getting her this summer's event is awesome