Diamond pass query re digital photo files

I've been going to Showmasters shows for years, and I was really happy when they started letting us purchase the high res digital files for the photoshoots.

I had a query though as this year I have a diamond pass - I was wondering if Showmasters would consider including the digital files as part of the package? If not retrospectively to the ones sold for this event then at least consider it going forward for the future shows.

I don't mind paying for them normally - I appreciate the hosting costs etc and don't begrudge them the bit of extra profit for the abilty to have my pics blown up. However, I've paid a sniff short of £400 for Sigourney Weaver, and if I'm honest it feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth to have to pay another £15 for the digital photoshoot files on top.

Is this something you would consider? (If anyone from SM is even reading this... would appreciate a mod to flag it with them if possible please)

No, it is not another 15 Pounds. The price is 4.99 per image.

I honestly don't think that anything will be changed for this year. For the future... maybe. Which I realize is not going to help. The thing is I have absolutely no idea if/how the software currently used for the picture store would deal with that. You'd basically need to give each Diamond Pass holder a one time code which gives you one free download of one specific picture for use, or at least a system having the same effect.

Having used this service in the past (after misplacing one photo - urgh!), I honestly can't see how this will work out because the hosting site only accepts paypal as payments. It may require SM finding an alternative hosting site that may allow one time codes as QS suggested.

I can understand how paying £4.99 for each download makes people feel uncomfortable, but, hosting these photos isn't cheap. I would suggest other users using these sites to try transferring thousands of photographs from a memory card, uploading these photographs, organising the uploaded photos, then paying a subscription fee to understand why there is a £4.99 fee attached.

Also, it is a deterrent for other users downloading images that isn't of themselves. Imagine someone from your workplace downloading a photograph when you're in costume and making it go viral.

No, it is not another 15 Pounds. The price is 4.99 per image.

I honestly don't think that anything will be changed for this year. For the future... maybe. Which I realize is not going to help. The thing is I have absolutely no idea if/how the software currently used for the picture store would deal with that. You'd basically need to give each Diamond Pass holder a one time code which gives you one free download of one specific picture for use, or at least a system having the same effect.

The £15 figure was referring to the cost of me getting digital copies of the 3 photoshoots included in my Sigourney Weaver Diamond pass at £4.99 each. Sorry, I should have expanded on that

But yes, it would be good if they could work out a system of somehow sending 'voucher codes' or similar equal to the number of shoots in the diamond pass for the digital images. There isn't a major e-commerce system that I know of that doesn't support voucher codes.

Having used this service in the past (after misplacing one photo - urgh!), I honestly can't see how this will work out because the hosting site only accepts paypal as payments.

Does it really only accept paypal? (i.e Not credit cards directly?) As I was hoping to use it for this event, but I don't have access to paypal.. :(

Why not just scan in the physical copy? Then you have a digital image that is more than good enough to reprint at no cost.

Have you ever tried to blow up a small picture that you've scanned in? It's a low res, pixely nightmare

It's a 6x8 photo, and will scan in as such. The digital original image is high resolution, so can be enlarged and printed to much bigger sizes whilst retaining a high quality picture.

I scan the smaller pics so I can back them up and share them online with friends, but it's useless for any other purpose