LFCC Saturday Entry is Now Sold Out

Rang Disney and told them I have bought tickets to Walt Disney world, but forgot to get flights, so want a refund because I'm fuming with there policy of having to actually be there to use the tickets.

THEY HUNG UP

(Parts of this story maybe fictitious to make a point)

This doesn't make sense.

The problem isn't that people bought entry tickets and forgot to book travel, it's other way around.

They booked travel and photoshoots BUT they didn't book entry.

Didn't think it needed explaining.

If you buy a ticket (photo shoot)for something then don't buy a ticket(entry) to get to the 1st thing(photo shoot)

It's no one else's fault but your own

• Like 1

Rang Disney and told them I have bought tickets to Walt Disney world, but forgot to get flights, so want a refund because I'm fuming with there policy of having to actually be there to use the tickets.

THEY HUNG UP

This doesn't make sense.

The problem isn't that people bought entry tickets and forgot to book travel, it's other way around.

If you buy a ticket (photo shoot)for something then don't buy a ticket(entry) to get to the 1st thing(photo shoot)

....But in your jokey post you're implying people want refunds because they have booked tickets with no way of travelling there.....

THEY HUNG UP

This doesn't make sense.

....But in your jokey post you're implying people want refunds because they have booked tickets with no way of travelling there.....

If I may butt in: he was using an example. They bought something without having a chance to get there. The non booked travel equals to the missing tickets. The missing tickets mean you can't get to the photo shoots in the hall (which are your goal), the missing travel in the example means you can't reach your goal of a Disney holiday.

• Like 3

THEY HUNG UP

This doesn't make sense.

If I may butt in: he was using an example. They bought something without having a chance to get there. The non booked travel equals to the missing tickets. The missing tickets mean you can't get to the photo shoots in the hall (which are your goal), the missing travel in the example means you can't reach your goal of a Disney holiday.

Surely a better and more relevant example that relates to the situation would have been that they booked their travel and accomadation but not their ticket to Disney world which is now sold out so they can't get in?

As someone who thought they didn't have entry either at first I can see both sides of the argument, and honestly there's fault on both sides. A notification of tickets being stopped at a certain date or that they were 80% sold would have been ideal and obviously it's best to book tickets early but there's bound to be reasons why people hadn't.

I'll say this much from reading this thread. People are coming across horribly. Judgemental, obnoxious and big headed. On both sides. Take the time to take others into account. This is by far degenerating into one of the worst threads I have seen on these forums over my many years of attending and think it's a perfect contender to be locked and many posts deleted.

• Like 1

Unless SM do it or ask me to this topic is not going to get locked. This "waaah, ticket sold out" problem has already spawned several other threads on the forum which will just happen more if this one is closed.

If this is the worst you've seen... sorry, but you ain't seen nothing yet. Maybe I've really been here for too long. The real bad posts have already been removed.

But could they not get last minute flights booked on a travel website? Since I'm assuming the flights in his example aren't sold out, they just forgot to book them.. ;)

LOL I joke, I joke,I'm just trying to wind you up now :P

Two can play that game. :P

You've obviously never tried to get to Florida during US school holidays. :D

• Like 1

I get thousands of avios points a month which I exchange for free stays in hotels and for flights only have to pay the taxes and fuel surcharge. In 2013 I stayed at a 5 star hotel in Manchester for free, I then had business class return flights to Rome that cost me £36 and when in Rome stayed at a 4 star hotel for 5 nights for free.

With this reward scheme there is limited availability and so I have to plan well in advance because if I wait until 3 weeks before I am going away I could go and try to get a flight and find out that there were no reward seats available. The first and most important thing that I do is book the flight and only after this do I look at hotels, Michelin star rated restaurants and excursions.

If I knew I was going away and failed to plan ahead and book the flights when they were available then that would be no ones fault but my own.

As an example how forward planning can work wonders and save you a lot of money in 2009 I flew in upper class with Virgin Atlantic to New York. At the time I put in the flight details on the airline website and to buy a ticket would have cost over £5,000. For the flights I paid £284.

In 2013 my parents went to Hong Kong and I arranged the flights for them. They flew out Cathy Pacific and in premium economy the cost of the flight was £270 each. For the flight back they were in business class and the cost was £64 each.

I got my entry tickets last December. People moaning about how they were waiting for payday (for the end of June) have nobody to blame but themselves. I knew back then I would be going even though most of the guests I want to meet weren't even announced at that point. Why leave things to the last minute and then cry about not getting a ticket? Hopefully those who have failed to plan will now have learned, all be it the hard way.

I bought my tickets on the 1st October last year (after they were delayed by 2 weeks going on sale) and people were saying then "Don, you're a bit keen aren't you? It's more than 9 months away with NO guests announced!" Some of those very people are crying now because they haven't got a ticket to this amazing lineup even though I enquired about their situation almost monthly! :no:

• Like 5

At the end of the day an entry ticket is £20 and a weekend ticket is £45. I'm sorry but if you can afford a diamond pass for £150 - £400 you should be able to afford an entry for that day. I bought mine last year as soon as they went on sale and before any guests and before I even knew I could actually have the time off to go. I'd rather have the choice and lose a whole £45 then wait and miss out. I'd never buy photos without entry. That's just stupid and now everyone's complaining. SM are doing you a favour refunding you. I have not one bit of sympathy.

• Like 2

At the end of the day an entry ticket is £20 and a weekend ticket is £45. I'm sorry but if you can afford a diamond pass for £150 - £400 you should be able to afford an entry for that day. I bought mine last year as soon as they went on sale and before any guests and before I even knew I could actually have the time off to go. I'd rather have the choice and lose a whole £45 then wait and miss out. I'd never buy photos without entry. That's just stupid and now everyone's complaining. SM are doing you a favour refunding you. I have not one bit of sympathy.

Sorry for quoting this, but, there are too many. So what if someone had paid for diamond passes without entry tickets only to find that entry tickets are sold out? They've made a mistake. Is there any point by saying what they should have done?

I think we should let those members with diamond passes and no entry tickets deal with it through Showmasters rather than repeating what they should have done. After 10 pages, I think they got the message by now.

• Like 1

Sorry for quoting this, but, there are too many. So what if someone had paid for diamond passes without entry tickets only to find that entry tickets are sold out? They've made a mistake. Is there any point by saying what they should have done?

I think we should let those members with diamond passes and no entry tickets deal with it through Showmasters rather than repeating what they should have done. After 10 pages, I think they got the message by now.

Totally agree.

Comments like that are not welcome here and nobody is certainly not looking for any sympathy.

We're all experiencing a new era for Showmasters' LFCC and a lot of us have underestimated it.

No doubt both Showmasters and it's customers will learn from this new ticketing experience next year.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

i am going to close this thread as it seems again there are one or two people that feel they need to take this a little to far and sadly we have to edit or close these threads.

its a shame as really i would prefer a nice calm discussion and that helps everyone understand thing better and that helps us to improve things next time , in this case like normal we learn and we have planes to improve things again next year , each year we get to fix things from the year before , with Stan Lee we saw it was important that people could buy a ticket that included everything in one tickets and we acted on that and the Dimond passes have worked well and we have been able to afford guest we have not in years before with these new passes so that great for everyone that want to see these guests , not including the entrance fee in these tickets was the fare thing to do as many of you have bought more that one of these diamond passes and if that had of included you entry in each one you would have bought several entrance tickets and you may have only want to come for the one day , so the right thing to have done and fare thing to have done was to not include a entry ticket in these passes.

I think there is one big thing that many of you may not be aware of that i will share with you , There are a small number of fans that also have blogs or some that are press these fans enter there info to see if they get excepted for a free press pass , the thing is we only have a litigated number of the passes and the people that have been excepted will only find out if they have been successful next week , this year tickets have sold faster than ever before and as such we have started to totally sell out , we have seen some of these potential press people that have already buy photo ops and talk tickets been caught out a little and i have seen some of these fans/press names turning up in the emails coming in ? i do things quite a few people have been caught out like this as this year has need a real rush on tickets , so that maybe what there are quite a few people that bought tickets for photo ops but not entry tickets , moving forward i think most will buy entry tickets in the future .

we have also been caught out by one day we have plenty then the next day there was a rush like no other day we have ever seen and then each day after its just gone nuts.

This happened like this in San Diego around 12 years ago i think it was i was there over the transition years were it went from walk ups being available to the event being only pre sold, i think like San Diego from now on LFCC will be a pre sold event , in a way everyone knows what to expect and we can work on the numbers so its good for everyone and things run smoothly , so there are pros and cons to this but it will give us the confidence to book the big guest you all very much show us you want to see.

so things are changing but its for the better and we will keep on learning and changing the event so it works for more of you and so that everyone has a great weekend at LFCC.

we already have booked more hall space for 2016 so we can have more things for you all to do and we have some cool plans for that , we are also looking for Friday to be a full day also which will give many of you more time to get to meet some of the guests you want to see , so we are looking at future events before we eve get in the doors this year :-)

Anyway i just thought i would shear this with you.

i am going to close this thread now and lets all try to be cool and understanding as we are all fans and only want a fun relaxed fun event :-)

see you very soon

jason

• Like 5