LFCC Saturday Entry is Now Sold Out

Looks like that's £90's worth of train tickets down the drain :(

I'm truly sorry about that. But before spending that much money on non refundable travel getting the tickets first would have been the smaller expense.

Yeah I know :( I thought I was just doing right and being nice by using what money I did have for my friends travel as well as mine :(

The Diamond Pass ticket is an edgy one...... Surely next year a better idea is to include a weekend entry into the cost of any Diamond, or at least insist that a weekend entry ticket must be in the basket BEFORE the purchase of any Diamond??

I've got my entry and Passes and I agree that people should have bought at the time, having a new system this year after last year was always going to catch peeps out....

On the other side of that... and don't want to seem like I am feasting on others misfortune.... Will the MJF photoshoots that have to be refunded be put back up for sale for existing Saturday ticket holders?????

• Like 1

The Diamond Pass ticket is an edgy one...... Surely next year a better idea is to include a weekend entry into the cost of any Diamond, or at least insist that a weekend entry ticket must be in the basket BEFORE the purchase of any Diamond??

I've got my entry and Passes and I agree that people should have bought at the time, having a new system this year after last year was always going to catch peeps out....

On the other side of that... and don't want to seem like I am feasting on others misfortune.... Will the MJF photoshoots that have to be refunded be put back up for sale for existing Saturday ticket holders?????

The reason they didn't there are people (including myself) who have bought multiple Diamond passes and don't wish to pay for entry multiple times. With the way that guest announcements are staggered depending on when they are confirmed, even making it that there has to be entry in the basket means needlessly purchasing it after the first time. It seems weird to me that people buying these wouldn't by entry straight away anyway. It clearly states everywhere that entry is not included.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

The reason they didn't there are people (including myself) who have bought multiple Diamond passes and don't wish to pay for entry multiple times. With the way that guest announcements are staggered depending on when they are confirmed, even making it that there has to be entry in the basket means needlessly purchasing it after the first time. It seems s=weird to me that people buying these wouldn't by entry straight away anyway. It clearly states everywhere that entry is not included.

Yeah I agree with you, it is weird to not have bought the most important entry ticket first! People understandably don't always have the money to buy it all at once, but I really do feel for the people missing out on this...

• Like 1

I bought my weekend ticket(fri,sat, sun tickets) from the old store in december, and when i got some extra cash bought a gold pass in march.

i've still got the weekend tickets as none of my freinds could get that weekend off, so i'm off on my own now.

as the tickets are non-refundable or transferable- i was just going to write them off or give them back to SM on friday pre show to give to somebody in need.

but this might be a drop in the ocean as it looks like a few people have been surpised by saturday entry tickets selling out 3 weeks before show starts.

People were warned that if they bought diamond passes they needed to get an entry ticket and that failure to do so may mean they couldn't get in if the entry tickets ran out.

• Like 1

I'm curious as to why some people would book travel and photoshoots before purchasing entry?

The train from Liverpool can be steep, so I offered to buy 5 train tickets for me and friends before they went to hundreds of pounds, with the hope I could pick mine and my GF's con tickets up today as it's payday

I don't really have much sympathy, as I've always made sure I get entry if I'm buying a shoot for a certain day. At the point where you are buying non-refundable shoot tickets, you should get entry. Just sensible.

BUT, I will say that (although I know SM themselves didn't run the store) Destination Star Trek London's online store literally wouldn't LET you buy anything until you had a code you got when buying entry tickets. Maybe get Eventbrite to add something into their store to implement this? Or somehow have a way to block sales to anyone without entry?

That seemed to work very well. It meant people couldn't just buy a load of tickets before entry and this situation arise.

• Like 6

I'm curious as to why some people would book travel and photoshoots before purchasing entry?

The train from Liverpool can be steep, so I offered to buy 5 train tickets for me and friends before they went to hundreds of pounds, with the hope I could pick mine and my GF's con tickets up today as it's payday

Could your friends not have bought your entry tickets when they got theirs? Would've only been fair as you picked up their travel...

I really feel for those who have missed out and I realise there are a number of reasons why they didn't purchase entry tickets earlier but it has been said so many times here on the forum and on the social media related sites to purchase entry tickets before purchasing anything else. :(

• Like 1

That won't happen this year, as they can concentrate staff on just getting people scanned and inside the building. No need for 5/6/7 staff to be taking money at the door. Plus they can use all of any entry doors they have to get people in, again as they don't have to divide the queues into pre-paid and pay-on-the-day.

WIll be much simpler and faster. You may still have to wait, as you always do unless you turn up pre-paid at like 1pm lol But way less than last year's crazyness. That's the whole reason they went to pre-paid only, it was TOO busy.

I really hope they never bring in where you hafta buy an entry ticket before you can buy a photoshoot ticket as that'd mean i & other people working at the event would be spending extra money for something that we will never use & it would take those tickets away from people that need those to attend the event.

I understand people having to wait too book entry tickets esp if you're travelling in a group .... the problem with the size of these events now you've gotta plan way ahead to be able too afford everything & guarantee entry tickets

• Like 2

See but I crewed DSTL (the first one) and had no issues with it. And I'm sure SM (as I know how well they treat crew in this regard) would work something out if they were to implement it. Say when you joined up as crew they would give out codes to use OR sell the tickets to you direct. Or just keep a bunch back. As the first DSTL was crewed majorly by SM, I never remember seeing anyone complainign about the entry-first system when it came to their shoots or anything.

But really, it seems like it's going to be the only way to stop issues like this, as I really don't see (sad as it is) people learning from this. Not in the way we'd all like them to anyway lol

And I also feel that this is probably one of the major reasons why last years LFCC was so mental. Shoots and such sold really really really well, and entry sold really really really well. But the entry people wern't the people who had bought all those shoots. Loads of people who had bought those shoots DIDN'T buy entry and just showed up on the day, which totally screws up the numbers SM were planning for and so didn't have the staff to handle it.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Or just have the ticket page take you to a big disclaimer before it takes the money that says something like "if you have purchased tickets but not entry you may not get in if entry tickets sell out. purchasing without an entry ticket is at your own risk"

• Like 2

See but that doesn't actually STOP people lol and so the staff (at the event and online beforehand) still have to deal with people complaining and asking for somehting to be sorted out. All this refund stuff today isn't usual for SM and is actually rather nice. But it's also major extra work close to a massive event that I'm sure the team don't need or want.

If it was like DSTL, then the only situation that would arise are 'well I used my friend's code to get my shoots and now I can't get entry' and in those cases, it'd totally be that person's fault and SM wouldn't have to accomodate them in any way.

To be fair, it's the ticket company's thing to change. SM can advise and suggest, but it's up to eventbrite (or whoever they use next year if they decided to swap)

I was just suggesting it as it seems to be a very logical way to do it and avoid situations like today/last year.

It didn't seem to change the tickets at all for DSTL. Or how they were sent out. Was just a box on the site that said "in order to purchase x, please input your y-digit code from your entry ticket purchase". Like the old terms and conditions box on the old store. Wouldn't let you progress without ticking it. After that it was the normal ticket system, no changes.

Just that extra bit of 'are you sure?' before buying a bunch of stuff with no way to get in.