LFCC Saturday Entry is Now Sold Out

I don't really have much sympathy, as I've always made sure I get entry if I'm buying a shoot for a certain day. At the point where you are buying non-refundable shoot tickets, you should get entry. Just sensible.

BUT, I will say that (although I know SM themselves didn't run the store) Destination Star Trek London's online store literally wouldn't LET you buy anything until you had a code you got when buying entry tickets. Maybe get Eventbrite to add something into their store to implement this? Or somehow have a way to block sales to anyone without entry?

That seemed to work very well. It meant people couldn't just buy a load of tickets before entry and this situation arise.

Friend of mine mentioned this very same thing. Seems like a very sensible thing to put in place when tickets are limited. Force people to make sure they have the appropriate entry ticket first . It was always likely that Saturday would sell out given it would be limited numbers and the guests that have been announced but I also don't understand why you'd buy photoshoot or talk tickets for a particular day and not buy the entry too. Being a bit mean, while it's not nice people missing out, all the warning signs were there and really people only have themselves to blame.

Thankfully I won't be one of the crew members dealing with anyone turning up on the day who doesn't see the forum and has bought a photo ticket but no entry.

I don't really have much sympathy, as I've always made sure I get entry if I'm buying a shoot for a certain day. At the point where you are buying non-refundable shoot tickets, you should get entry. Just sensible.

BUT, I will say that (although I know SM themselves didn't run the store) Destination Star Trek London's online store literally wouldn't LET you buy anything until you had a code you got when buying entry tickets. Maybe get Eventbrite to add something into their store to implement this? Or somehow have a way to block sales to anyone without entry?

That seemed to work very well. It meant people couldn't just buy a load of tickets before entry and this situation arise.

Friend of mine mentioned this very same thing. Seems like a very sensible thing to put in place when tickets are limited. Force people to make sure they have the appropriate entry ticket first . It was always likely that Saturday would sell out given it would be limited numbers and the guests that have been announced but I also don't understand why you'd buy photoshoot or talk tickets for a particular day and not buy the entry too. Being a bit mean, while it's not nice people missing out, all the warning signs were there and really people only have themselves to blame.

Thankfully I won't be one of the crew members dealing with anyone turning up on the day who doesn't see the forum and has bought a photo ticket but no entry.

I dont want to be the crew member who has to turn away someone who paid £92 for a photoshoot but didn't pay the validation charge!

Some feedback from this experience:

Another well known big event in the UK displays the percentage of tickets sold on their front webpage,

I really think that Showmasters should take that approach so that we can plan better.

Originally I was doing just Sunday with Robert Englund's Diamond Pass, but waited to see if it was worth me buying a weekend ticket for specific guest appearances and activities.

I really thought they would do the decent thing and at least inform that tickets are close to selling out.

We don't check every forum post to see a message that a mod has added. A titled post telling us a percentage of tickets sold would have been handy.

Edited by Graphic_Delusions
  • Like 1

I dont want to be the crew member who has to turn away someone who paid £92 for a photoshoot but didn't pay the validation charge!

That too though I don't understand how people found it so hard to do that. Yes, the system should do it automatically but honestly, it's not exactly hard to get it right. Yeah, I'm not being sympathetic and SM really should have a better ticketing system that can do things like add a booking fee and because people got it wrong so much we're going to be stuck with a per-ticket charge in future which for most will add up to a lot more than £2.50.

• Like 1

Going to tack this on here because the admins have been around a lot - I bought some photo session tickets back when they sent out physical tickets, including one for my brother - he's not able to come now, so would I be able to exchange the ticket at the desk for a photo for myself or sell it on? Its only the one £15 ticket if that helps!

Going to tack this on here because the admins have been around a lot - I bought some photo session tickets back when they sent out physical tickets, including one for my brother - he's not able to come now, so would I be able to exchange the ticket at the desk for a photo for myself or sell it on? Its only the one £15 ticket if that helps!

The rules have always been that way, that didn't just change with the e-tickets. You can ask at the table, but I can't promise they'd allow an exception.

DSTL was handled by SeeTickets, and god knows their system had its own problems.

Besides the one you gave one of them was actually being the "code required" thing. Let's say you want to buy your mate a ticket as a surprise for his birthday. No way to do so unless you spill the beans to him and ask for his code. That question came up way more often than anyone would have thought.

I do agree, with the amount of people who seem to have photos but no entry tickets it might be worth a try. But that system isn't the solution to everything either.

Last year I remember queuing with my pre booked ticket and it took me 30 minutes to get in had to snake around and around, When I saw people arriving walking up to buy tickets and were going straight in? :no:

That was one of the complaints last year, yes. Trying to fix one thing opens several other cans of worms unfortunately.

The rules have always been that way, that didn't just change with the e-tickets. You can ask at the table, but I can't promise they'd allow an exception.

Sorry, I'm not too sure which rules you mean. Are they non-exchangable usually? Hence my asking haha! Thank you though :)

Sorry, I'm not too sure which rules you mean. Are they non-exchangable usually? Hence my asking haha! Thank you though :)

They have always been non-exchangeable, yes.

• Moderators

DSTL was handled by SeeTickets, and god knows their system had its own problems.

Besides the one you gave one of them was actually being the "code required" thing. Let's say you want to buy your mate a ticket as a surprise for his birthday. No way to do so unless you spill the beans to him and ask for his code. That question came up way more often than anyone would have thought.

I do agree, with the amount of people who seem to have photos but no entry tickets it might be worth a try. But that system isn't the solution to everything either.

I'd suggest a huge obvious check box at checkout (triggered if order does not contain entry or gold pass) saying 'I ALREADY HAVE ENTRY TO THE EVENT' but we've seen the problems with checkboxes..
  • Like 1

After going to print my tickets out today I've realised that I dont seem to have two sets of my tickets and they're not showing in my Eventbrite account (although I can see from my credit card statement that I've been charged for both orders). I've emailed the shop address. Is that the right contact? Mildly panicking now as part of the missing tickets is my weekend entry...

I dont think much else could have been done. I saw enough warnings from SM regarding, if you buy something e.g.. Diamond Pass, that entry NEEDS to be purchased.

I am sad for everyone who has bought items, and now may be missing out - I do think, with such a big event like this, Resale should be something that SM look into doing... maybe in the future.

After going to print my tickets out today I've realised that I dont seem to have two sets of my tickets and they're not showing in my Eventbrite account (although I can see from my credit card statement that I've been charged for both orders). I've emailed the shop address. Is that the right contact? Mildly panicking now as part of the missing tickets is my weekend entry...

Yes, that's the correct way. But please be aware that you won't get a response over the weekend. Sorry if I keep emphasizing that, but after being yelled at at 1 AM last Sunday because something wasn't immediately done I've got a few scars there. :crying:

• Like 1

Yes, that's the correct way. But please be aware that you won't get a response over the weekend. Sorry if I keep emphasizing that, but after being yelled at at 1 AM last Sunday because something wasn't immediately done I've got a few scars there. :crying:

No shouting I promise! It just put me in quite the panic as I dont understand why they're not showing in Eventbrite when I've been charged. But thanks for confirming its the right address x

I'm sure SM were quite aware of how many tickets were available in total, how many sold and ongoing progress...

Thought it would have been quite important, helpful and relatively straight-forward to say a few weeks ago on the website and forum "Warning: Only 10% (3000) of available Saturday Tickets left"...to be honest, it should have been a number 1 priority in my book!

I'm sure SM were quite aware of how many tickets were available in total, how many sold and ongoing progress...

Thought it would have been quite important, helpful and relatively straight-forward to say a few weeks ago on the website and forum "Warning: Only 10% (3000) of available Saturday Tickets left"...to be honest, it should have been a number 1 priority in my book!

On the flip side, for the people who missed out, surely getting an actual entry ticket to the event they want to attend should be number 1 priority....

• Like 7