LFCC Saturday Entry is Now Sold Out

I'm sorry but i am livid.

me and my boyfriend literally have been working our asses off trying to get money for weekend passes. We go to buy them and,photo shoot passes ...get a validation for the shoots...nothing for the entry tickets.....we've been trying to get in contact with showmasters for the last few days..nothing....then i see that weekend and Saturday are now sold out.. So I've now had to frantically pay £56 for Friday and Sunday tickets......this has buggered up everything, i am literally so upset... No-one got back to us and now we've missed out. Sorry just isn't enough on this occasion

I'm sorry but i am livid.

me and my boyfriend literally have been working our asses off trying to get money for weekend passes. We go to buy them and,photo shoot passes ...get a validation for the shoots...nothing for the entry tickets.....we've been trying to get in contact with showmasters for the last few days..nothing....then i see that weekend and Saturday are now sold out.. So I've now had to frantically pay £56 for Friday and Sunday tickets......this has buggered up everything, i am literally so upset... No-one got back to us and now we've missed out. Sorry just isn't enough on this occasion

The current turnaround for the store e-mails is about a week I'm afraid, and it can even be longer than that.

I don't have access to the system, so I don't know the exact details of your order. But if you placed everything on one order (this is what it sounds like) there was only one validation fee to begin with. Unless it were two e-mails and you're missing the initial e-mails with the tickets? That's not quite clear from your post.

I'm sorry you didn't come here sooner and ask. The mods on here have no access to the orders, but we can at least answer some general stuff - like "that's happened before, the e-mail will be coming, you have your tickets safe."

We had to buy them on two separate cards, one for the entry and one for shoots and stuff just because of funds. Contacted eventbrite, nothing...contacted showmasters ..nothing...like there is a difference between not buying your ticket quickly enough and actually consciously trying to be prepared and it just being overlooked by multiple parties. Like this was supposed to be my 19th birthday present, and now in not gunna meet some of my heroes that are attending Saturday only because of a fault in the system. Its not about the money, its about the experience. I'm so upset its actually unreal.

We had to buy them on two separate cards, one for the entry and one for shoots and stuff just because of funds. Contacted eventbrite, nothing...contacted showmasters ..nothing...like there is a difference between not buying your ticket quickly enough and actually consciously trying to be prepared and it just being overlooked by multiple parties. Like this was supposed to be my 19th birthday present, and now in not gunna meet some of my heroes that are attending Saturday only because of a fault in the system. Its not about the money, its about the experience. I'm so upset its actually unreal.

Did you buy the entry tickets and just not add the validation fee? Or did the order not go through?

Always buy early. Get cheaper hotels that way.

Yes but then if finances go awry and you decide to not do the show on travel costs basis.. you end up with a load of tickets that are a potential source of income, either via ebay, or refunds..

So you could end up with, say, about £200 of photo shoots including a 'gold dust' one (Lee) going begging..

Or of course the only person you're apparently going for, cancels.. and then you take to the message boards complaining...

Oh and for those thinking folks live on here, and somehow avoided the 'more tickets have been added' etc.. Some have lives/other interests.. and it gets tired reading folks dribble about how they don't like/know person X or film X because it was out before they were born etc..

Or you could set your phone to alert you of twitter posts by showmasters. It's really not that hard and you can go about a extremely exciting life.

• Like 1

I'm gutted I can't go on Saturday - really wanted to meet Charles Dance - but it's my fault at the end of the day. Really not sure how anyone can be angry at Showmasters, let alone livid, for the event selling out. That is kinda the point of why they run these shows, and with the kind of guests that they have been getting I honestly can't say I'm surprised.

Edited by mckee74
  • Like 5

Rang Disney and told them I have bought tickets to Walt Disney world, but forgot to get flights, so want a refund because I'm fuming with there policy of having to actually be there to use the tickets.

THEY HUNG UP

(Parts of this story maybe fictitious to make a point)

• Like 16

I hope that doesn't devalue the Gold pass again if you are putting more on?

Gold pass was meant to be limited.

well as we have only sold 40% of the gold passes we sold last year it hardly affects anything and we are only putting more on of what we had planed.

hope that helps

jason

So did more gold passes get put up for sale and get sold out again already? Or are they still to come?

More were added and yes they have now sold out. They may add more on, it looks like the Gold passes are being added in batches up to their limit - they aren't going to sell an unlimited number of them as they are part of the entry limit as well. If they haven't reached that limit they will add the next batch on at some point.

Always buy early. Get cheaper hotels that way.

Yes but then if finances go awry and you decide to not do the show on travel costs basis.. you end up with a load of tickets that are a potential source of income, either via ebay, or refunds..

So you could end up with, say, about £200 of photo shoots including a 'gold dust' one (Lee) going begging..

Or of course the only person you're apparently going for, cancels.. and then you take to the message boards complaining...

Oh and for those thinking folks live on here, and somehow avoided the 'more tickets have been added' etc.. Some have lives/other interests.. and it gets tired reading folks dribble about how they don't like/know person X or film X because it was out before they were born etc..

Or you could set your phone to alert you of twitter posts by showmasters. It's really not that hard and you can go about a extremely exciting life.

Some networks no longer give Twitter alerts - such as the only two networks that have a signal where I live...

• Moderators

I recall seeing somewhere that the old numbered tickets would be called up first then the new eventbrite people would be called up. Will this still be the case?

That's correct, gold passes first then old store then batch 1, 2 and so on

• Like 1

Rang Disney and told them I have bought tickets to Walt Disney world, but forgot to get flights, so want a refund because I'm fuming with there policy of having to actually be there to use the tickets.

THEY HUNG UP

(Parts of this story maybe fictitious to make a point)

This doesn't make sense.

The problem isn't that people bought entry tickets and forgot to book travel, it's other way around.

They booked travel and photoshoots BUT they didn't book entry.

I got my entry tickets last December. People moaning about how they were waiting for payday (for the end of June) have nobody to blame but themselves. I knew back then I would be going even though most of the guests I want to meet weren't even announced at that point. Why leave things to the last minute and then cry about not getting a ticket? Hopefully those who have failed to plan will now have learned, all be it the hard way.

• Like 4

I got my entry tickets last December. People moaning about how they were waiting for payday (for the end of June) have nobody to blame but themselves. I knew back then I would be going even though most of the guests I want to meet weren't even announced at that point. Why leave things to the last minute and then cry about not getting a ticket? Hopefully those who have failed to plan will now have learned, all be it the hard way.

Anyone that went last year must know that it was going to sell out.

• Like 3

You have to get entry tickets as soon as possible and plan the rest from there. Unless you're totally new to an event of this scale -and even then there is more info than ever available - you should be able to plan and budget yourselves accordingly. Such a fuss doesn't occur when concert tickets sell out do they? If you missed out cos you weren't quick enough to buy over all these months, really sorry but that's just life.

• Like 6