Ticket question regarding the app

If there in passbook than you're all set. If you are worried about it then you can print them out but I've just used my phone for a couple of events and had no issues.

So i just show them my phone each time, they scan that weird barcode thing?

Sorry, not very tech savvy.

• Moderators

If there in passbook than you're all set. If you are worried about it then you can print them out but I've just used my phone for a couple of events and had no issues.

Yes that's exactly how it works, it's really easy. Edited by StuartG2198

Exactly (they're called QR codes). If you have multiple tickets (entry/photos) then each one will have a separate code to be scanned.

Edited by Wrong Name

Exactly (they're called QR codes). If you have multiple tickets (entry/photos) then each one will have a separate code to be scanned.

Perfect, thank you for your help. Looks like I'm taking just my phone!

• Like 1

Perfect, thank you for your help. Looks like I'm taking just my phone!
Just remember to keep your phone charged though as you'll be using it a lot! ;)

My thoughts on the app and using your phone:

The app lists your orders. If you've bought a lot of tickets and many different orders, you'll need to click each order to find the right ticket.

I'm surprised the app wasn't designed so that for an event, all tickets bought weret sorted by the date itself. I'd have programmed that functionality as it would be a time saver listing tickets by day!

The Ram/CPU consumption isn't too bad actually, it's not too much of a hog. Over a long day, using the app might push a few people's battery to critical level though...

What happens if your phone stops working or the battery dies? What's your backup, do you have one?

If you have a few clashes and the crew member asks to see your tickets, it's time consuming finding them on your app and showing them on the phone compared to showing a couple of printed etickets. So if they don't ask, it leaves the door open for chancers to say they have clashes if you don't ask to see the tickets...

For me personally, I'm not going to use the app. I will use printed etickets.

You can always take screenshots of your orders with the codes and then they're all together in your photo album on your phone and easier to find and use less battery and don't require internet connection.

I'm going to use passbook. It lays the tickets out better and you only need to swipe between each one. I also have a portable charger that I keep with me if the battery gets low, but after using my phone for a couple of eticket events now, that hasn't been a problem.