ANSWERS to FAQs

Do SM have a phone number to call with enquiries and what is the promotional code (is it your email address or a set of numbers) when you click on the validation link sent to you via email?

Edited by sarzy2

This might be a stupid question, but the Eventbrite app shows QR codes which are the same numbers as the normal barcodes. I'm guessing QR codes will be scannable on the day instead of having to download each PDF to my phone for the actual barcode instead?

This might be a stupid question, but the Eventbrite app shows QR codes which are the same numbers as the normal barcodes. I'm guessing QR codes will be scannable on the day instead of having to download each PDF to my phone for the actual barcode instead?

That is correct, the QR codes can be scanned from the app directly

Couple of questions if someone can help please. I've read the FAQ and can't see it, might of missed it/dont understand

I've got Batch 2 Christopher Lloyd and Batch 1 MJF shoots, can i choose to go in the morning shoot or afternoon shoot or because it's a low batch number do i have to goto the morning one? I have a Gold Pass and not 100% what the Virtual Que is... do i goto a machine and get a ticket like a bakery or something? lol

Secondly... The paid talks that are free to gold pass members... Is there enough seats to accommodate every gold pass holder. For instance if everyone who paid for a ticket sat down and then everyone with a gold pass decides to goto a certain talk, will there be enough seats set aside for everyone?

Thanks

• Moderators

Couple of questions if someone can help please. I've read the FAQ and can't see it, might of missed it/dont understand

I've got Batch 2 Christopher Lloyd and Batch 1 MJF shoots, can i choose to go in the morning shoot or afternoon shoot or because it's a low batch number do i have to goto the morning one? I have a Gold Pass and not 100% what the Virtual Que is... do i goto a machine and get a ticket like a bakery or something? lol

Secondly... The paid talks that are free to gold pass members... Is there enough seats to accommodate every gold pass holder. For instance if everyone who paid for a ticket sat down and then everyone with a gold pass decides to goto a certain talk, will there be enough seats set aside for everyone?

Thanks

1) in the photo areas you can go anytime after your ticket number is called so yes with batch 1 and 2 tickets you will have a bit more flexibility.

2) VQ is a method of queueing there is a member of staff at the end of a guests line handing out tickets, like at a deli yes, on the ticket is a number. Once again after your number has been called (indicated on a board at the signing table) you can go for your auto. As a gold pass holder you only need VQs for diamond pass guest which you DO NOT have a pass for. So in your case as you have a pass for CL and MJF if you wanted to see Michael Gambon, Bill Paxton or Sigourney Weaver you will need a VQ ticket.

3) There is plenty of seat allocation, usually the first few rows are for gold pass holders and the stages can fit a considerable amount of people into them.

Edited by StuartG2198

Thanks

1) in the photo areas you can go anytime after your ticket number is called so yes with batch 1 and 2 tickets you will have a bit more flexibility.

2) VQ is a method of queueing there is a member of staff at the end of a guests line handing out tickets, like at a deli yes, on the ticket is a number. Once again after your number has been called (indicated on a board at the signing table) you can go for your auto. As a gold pass holder you only need VQs for diamond pass guest which you DO NOT have a pass for. So in your case as you have a pass for CL and MJF if you wanted to see Michael Gambon, Bill Paxton or Sigourney Weaver you will need a VQ ticket.

3) There is plenty of seat allocation, usually the first few rows are for gold pass holders and the stages can fit a considerable amount of people into them.

Thanks! I had an idea but wanted to be sure as it's a lot of money to burn.

• Moderators

Thanks

Thanks! I had an idea but wanted to be sure as it's a lot of money to burn.

No probs!! Edited by StuartG2198

But there is no where to pay for them. When you click the link provided there is now where obvious to pay for it?

Supposedly clicking on the link is all that's needed, at least that is the way I always understood the process. If someone who had forgotten his validation maybe can confirm? My dear camel, where are you? :D

I'm Here QS, That's right the Link is sent to you, you just click the link which looks like the Link when you add the £2.50.. if that makes sense... I couldn't see anything on the link which matched up to the ticket that did not have the fee paid, So this could be very confusing as you don't know what fee you are paying for... I printed out my one and attached it to the photo shoot ticket... Some one mentioned about a drop box, as I only had one outstanding I never got the box, I guess if you have more than one then you might get the drop box? My only advice would be to check all the photo shoot tickets you have bought and see if the £2.50 is added to each Transaction... :headscratch: Hope this helps.

Hi

Attending on saturday.

This is our first con attending in cosplay.

Is there anywhere we can store our costume case?

Is there anywhere to change?

Are we ok bringing a costume case (bag on wheels) into the con?

Thanks Dave

Do SM have a phone number to call with enquiries and what is the promotional code (is it your email address or a set of numbers) when you click on the validation link sent to you via email?

Is the e-mail address you used to order the same you registered on the forum with? I found someone to look up your order, but I need the e-mail address.

But there is no where to pay for them. When you click the link provided there is now where obvious to pay for it?

Supposedly clicking on the link is all that's needed, at least that is the way I always understood the process. If someone who had forgotten his validation maybe can confirm? My dear camel, where are you? :D

I'm Here QS, That's right the Link is sent to you, you just click the link which looks like the Link when you add the £2.50.. if that makes sense... I couldn't see anything on the link which matched up to the ticket that did not have the fee paid, So this could be very confusing as you don't know what fee you are paying for... I printed out my one and attached it to the photo shoot ticket... Some one mentioned about a drop box, as I only had one outstanding I never got the box, I guess if you have more than one then you might get the drop box? My only advice would be to check all the photo shoot tickets you have bought and see if the £2.50 is added to each Transaction... :headscratch: Hope this helps.

Thank you Camel. I think I've nailed it down to 2 possibilities. One is that the link given in the email sent to me goes to a page where I cannot buy the validation because I already have bought it and it is for a previous ticket so I should expect 2 more emails for the outstanding tickets or there is an error with the email link.

I emailed SM again and am waiting for a response. When I spoke to Eventbrite on the phone they looked at my account and said that the only ticket validation they can see has already been purchased and I have the payment details for that but SM are saying there are still 2 more outstanding.

I'm assuming that they will get back to me before Saturday as I have no idea which tickets are validated and which are not.

Is the e-mail address you used to order the same you registered on the forum with? I found someone to look up your order, but I need the e-mail address.

many thanks QS. x

Edited by Queen_Sindel
e-mail removed
  • Like 1

many thanks QS. x

Got it. I removed the e-mail before the spam bots get you.

• Like 1

I got an email back from the shop saying that I'd receive the e-ticket validation in 7 days and now this has made me worried that they're not going to send it out before the convention. Does anyone know for certain if they plan to do it before the convention starts?

If I don't ever get it, can I sort it out when I'm there?

I got an email back from the shop saying that I'd receive the e-ticket validation in 7 days and now this has made me worried that they're not going to send it out before the convention. Does anyone know for certain if they plan to do it before the convention starts?

That will just be default wording that they've used for the last few months. They will be working hard to make sure everything is sorted before the show.

That will just be default wording that they've used for the last few months. They will be working hard to make sure everything is sorted before the show.

Yes, this is the default wording. We had people getting nervous after 3 hours. Give it 48 hours and some attendees had written 3 e-mails.

I know for certain they are trying their best to get all e-mails done as soon as possible.

Just ordered 3 more tickets this morning. I added the £2.50 validation charge, but when payment went through it wasn't listed on the confirmation and I wasn't charged. What should I do now?

Just ordered 3 more tickets this morning. I added the £2.50 validation charge, but when payment went through it wasn't listed on the confirmation and I wasn't charged. What should I do now?

Wait like everyone else please. There is nothing else you can do. You probably forgot one of the three clicks.

Wait like everyone else please. There is nothing else you can do. You probably forgot one of the three clicks.

Ok will do.

Did everything as normal, only difference was I did it on iPad instead of iPhone this time.

Ok will do.

Did everything as normal, only difference was I did it on iPad instead of iPhone this time.

There's the bad word. A number of iPad users reported not seeing the last option that has to be clicked lately.