ANSWERS to FAQs

The only way to pay using a credit/debit card is by going to the sales desk to by autograph vouchers. As above VTs are purely just a method of managing queues, if you have a look at the event FAQ on page one of this thread the section on VTs is fairly comprehensive and does explain how it all works.

yes thanks I was a bit confused.

No with the Vts you get them from the relevant stars table, they literally are a piece of paper with the guests name and a number on it. As above you can then join the queue at any point after your number is called out, at the guests table you can pay by cash or by autograph vouchers bought at the sales desk.

Will every guest have VT's or for some will it just be a case of joining a queue and been patient.

All the big names and most of the well known names will likely have VTs. They keep an eye on it and if it looks like the queue for anyone is getting too long they will introduce a VT system so there's not loads of people clogging up and causing massive queues.

The only way to pay using a credit/debit card is by going to the sales desk to by autograph vouchers. As above VTs are purely just a method of managing queues, if you have a look at the event FAQ on page one of this thread the section on VTs is fairly comprehensive and does explain how it all works.

No with the Vts you get them from the relevant stars table, they literally are a piece of paper with the guests name and a number on it. As above you can then join the queue at any point after your number is called out, at the guests table you can pay by cash or by autograph vouchers bought at the sales desk.

What I understand is that you cant pay cash at the table but if you want to pay with your debit card you have to go to the sales desk and that the VT are also at the sales desk.

thanks!

VTs are not at the sales desk. VTs are given out at the end of each guest's queue in the signing area (for the guests on the VT system). It doesn't matter how you plan to pay when you pick up your VT, they are completely separate from the payment part of the autograph procedure.

If you want to pay for autographs by card then yes, you need to go to the sales desk and buy autograph vouchers, which are then treated like cash at the autograph desks.

thanks, I actually edited my post after I read another person' reply and now I got it!

This seems to be so well organized! I'm liking it so far. It's not that I mind standing in line for a long time(although I have very bad knees and I'm always in pain) but when there's like several lines and nobody knows what's going on, it's just anarchy and everyone ends up being mad and then nobody is able to enjoy their experience but this seems to be very well planned.

Another question, what's in the goodie bag of the gold pass?

• Moderators

What I understand is that you cant pay cash at the table but if you want to pay with your debit card you have to go to the sales desk and that the VT are also at the sales desk.

thanks!

VTs are not at the sales desk. VTs are given out at the end of each guest's queue in the signing area (for the guests on the VT system). It doesn't matter how you plan to pay when you pick up your VT, they are completely separate from the payment part of the autograph procedure.

If you want to pay for autographs by card then yes, you need to go to the sales desk and buy autograph vouchers, which are then treated like cash at the autograph desks.

thanks, I actually edited my post after I read another person' reply and now I got it!

This seems to be so well organized! I'm liking it so far. It's not that I mind standing in line for a long time(although I have very bad knees and I'm always in pain) but when there's like several lines and nobody knows what's going on, it's just anarchy and everyone ends up being mad and then nobody is able to enjoy their experience but this seems to be very well planned.

Another question, what's in the goodie bag of the gold pass?

This does vary from show to show usually is promotional stuff for various films and TV shows, if you go onto eventbrite and have a look at the gold pass it does explain a bit more on there.

• Moderators

Does anyone have a few examples of the goodies from previous years?

I for one will not be buying it for the goodies, give me a free t shirt and I'm happy , but I'm just curious.

It has changed since last year unfortunately, last year you got a few freebie autographs from a genre of your choice (mine was star trek no included Garrett wang, Armin Shimmerman, JG Hertler and a few other and on autographs) think I got a pen a badge, just little bits really.

I for one will not be buying it for the goodies, give me a free t shirt and I'm happy , but I'm just curious.

It has changed since last year unfortunately, last year you got a few freebie autographs from a genre of your choice (mine was star trek no included Garrett wang, Armin Shimmerman, JG Hertler and a few other and on autographs) think I got a pen a badge, just little bits really.

thanks!

And there's a room with snacks? Now that's good for someone like me with weak knees who requires breaks!

• Moderators

thanks!

And there's a room with snacks? Now that's good for someone like me with weak knees who requires breaks!

Yes it's usually just a small room with a few chairs and tables, a couple of water dispensers with a table of sweets and crisps (which do go very quickly)

First post, really excited for LFCC, my first Con.

Pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but queuing up to see a star is literally just for autographs - you can't just queue up to meet them? I'd love to meet Sigourney Weaver, but can't afford the £95 for an autograph.

Pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but queuing up to see a star is literally just for autographs - you can't just queue up to meet them? I'd love to meet Sigourney Weaver, but can't afford the £95 for an autograph.

That is all covered under 2.4 of the initial post. I'm not going to tell you something different now. ;)

For Sigourney I can pretty much guarantee that you won't be able to meet her without paying for an autograph.

That is all covered under 2.4 of the initial post. I'm not going to tell you something different now. ;)

For Sigourney I can pretty much guarantee that you won't be able to meet her without paying for an autograph.

Apologies, completely missed that.

Quick question. I have a friend now wanting to attend on friday only. If I buy a ticket for him using my Eventbrite account I presume I can print out and give to him on the day for him to gain entry? (I'll be waving at him from the gold pass queue....)

Thanks

JB

Quick question. I have a friend now wanting to attend on friday only. If I buy a ticket for him using my Eventbrite account I presume I can print out and give to him on the day for him to gain entry? (I'll be waving at him from the gold pass queue....)

Thanks

JB

As confirmed a million times already... ;)

Yes, you can do so. No, this is not going to be an issue.

Wait..... Did I have to put it in his name?!

No, it'll be fine with yours on it. If he has any problems then you'll be at the con to sort things out.

Dude, I'll be in with the gold pass lot and not looking back! i'm sure he'll be fine.

Thanks for confirming.......

Wait..... Did I have to put it in his name?!

No, it'll be fine with yours on it. If he has any problems then you'll be at the con to sort things out.

Dude, I'll be in with the gold pass lot and not looking back! i'm sure he'll be fine.

Thanks for confirming.......

I know, but if he has issues he can call you to come help. Once you have your pass you'll be able to go in and out the venue as you please. It is unlikely that he will though.

From people's experience if your batch 1 for photoshoots is that a morning call? Just on the Sunday I can't be there all day and the people I want to book are on batch 1's still.

That would depend on wether the guest is doing a morning shoot, some guests will just do one shoot during the day and until the schedule is released there is no way to know if it's morning or afternoon.

It does mean beginning of the first shoot. As Stuart says, we really can't tell when in the day that first shoot is unfortunately.