Signed Canvas

Hello again forumees!

Just a quick question, has anyone ever got a canvas print signed by a guest? I'm considering getting one from Sigourney Weaver, but I'm not sure the way to go about it. As in, does the ink respond well to the canvas, and will it fade more so than a picture? And if the canvas should already be stretched over a frame or be signed pre-mounting for travel.

Quite specific, I know ;) but hopefully someone can help!

Ta,

Che-Snake :)

Does a canvas signed by Tinkerbell in Disneyland count? :lol:

If so: yes. It was framed when I had it signed, not an issue at all. In fact she said she found it easier to sign that autograph books. ;) It's on display and in the 1.5 years I have it I have not noticed any fading so far.

I've been carrying a LOTR canvas around cons for the past 5 years. It's already stretched onto the frame. It's a dark coloured image and I always get it signed with a silver sharpie. Signers have always found it easy to write on and it still looks great. It's a bit of a pain to carry around, but it's worth it. You'll be fine.

Try to get your canvas mounted/framed before you get it signed as the canvas can stretch a little, during the framing process, & an autograph might get a little distorted.

Sharpies work fine. Remember a guest will be signing on the paint of the image not that actual canvas (if that makes sence) so don't worry about the ink bleeding. Just take normal precautions of making sure the ink is dry before you pack the canvas away.