Weekend Travel - Tube closures

If you're talking about Friday, then yes you can take Piccadilly Line from Kings Cross to Earls Court, District Line to West Brompton & West Brompton to Kensington (Olympia). Journey time should be 30min. On Saturday and Sunday, you can get a District Line train from Earls Court direct to Kensington (Olympia).

This will probably be the journey i will need i think wont it? im coming from kings x so i think i get the piccadilly line to earls court then change to district at earls court dont i? just wanted to make sure ive got it right in my head, trying to remember from last year but cant. lol.

Im heading on the Friday can I still get from earls court to Olympia on the underground.

Not directly, though the TFL Journey planner is showing a 'Replacement bus service' from Earls Court to Kensington (Olympia) on Friday. Presumably this is for LFCC, but I don't know where the bus leaves from outside Earls Court.

If you're getting a District Line train to Earls Court, get one with 'Wimbledon' on the front & get off at West Brompton (stop after Earls Court) you can then get a London Overground train from Platform 2 back the way you came which will call at Kensington (Olympia), which is the next stop.

• Like 1

I'm coming Victoria train station,should i get a tube to Earls court then one to Olympia?

Depends on what days you're attending.

On Friday you can get the District Line from Victoria to Earls Court & then another District Line train to Kensington (Olympia).

On Saturday & Sunday, quickest way from Victoria to Kensington (Olympia) is to get Victoria Line from Victoria to Green Park, then change to Piccadilly Line. At Earls Court you can get a District Line Train to Kensington (Olympia).

Edited by Magpie Electricals
  • Like 1

Is the link between Earls Court and venue still running? What is the best way from Heathrow.

The Earl's Court to Kensington (Olympia) District Line spur only runs Saturday and Sunday. From Heathrow you can get the Piccadilly Line to Earls Court. If you arrive on Friday, you'll have to get the District Line to West Brompton and you may be able to get the Overground to Kensington (Olympia).

• Like 1

Is the link between Earls Court and venue still running? What is the best way from Heathrow.

The Earl's Court to Kensington (Olympia) District Line spur only runs Saturday and Sunday. From Heathrow you can get the Piccadilly Line to Earls Court. If you arrive on Friday, you'll have to get the District Line to West Brompton and you may be able to get the Overground to Kensington (Olympia).

Yeah I am arriving Saturday morning so I should be good to go then. I quicken the process if I can get directly to Olympia.

This is probably a silly question but I don't live in London so I'm going to ask. Can I use the oyster card to get the Overground?

Not silly at all if you don't live in London. You can indeed use Oyster on Overground, and it falls within the daily price caps that operate on the Underground as well.

Thank you!

stupid question but for saturday/sunday will travel from finsbury park to kensington olympia be affected? i know the stops and stuff but im never too sure of the specific lines

No questions are stupid Josh. If you're not sure it's always best to get things clear in plenty of time. Your journey will not be affected by any engineering works etc.

On Saturday/Sunday from Finsbury Park, you can take Piccadilly Line to Earl's Court & then get the District Line to Kensington (Olympia). Alternatively you can take the Victoria Line from Finsbury Park to Green Park & join the Piccadilly Line there, which involves one more change & takes 4 mins longer at 35 min.

• Like 1

Wonderful thank you Magpie, yes friday i will be going so as your advice goes, i will get the piccadilly line to earls court, change there onto district line to west brompton then change at west brompton to kensington olympia. When i change at earls court is the train i need directly for west brompton or is it to somewhere else and i just get off at west brompton? if that makes sense.

which station is it where i change to the overground then for the friday?

And saturday should be fine then if i can go direct on district from earls. again ill just get a piccadilly line to earls then change to district to go straight to kensington olympia and agai when ichange at earls court am i just looking for the train which has 'kensington olympia' on it or to somewhere else and i just get off at olympia?

If you're talking about Friday, then yes you can take Piccadilly Line from Kings Cross to Earls Court, District Line to West Brompton & West Brompton to Kensington (Olympia). Journey time should be 30min. On Saturday and Sunday, you can get a District Line train from Earls Court direct to Kensington (Olympia).

This will probably be the journey i will need i think wont it? im coming from kings x so i think i get the piccadilly line to earls court then change to district at earls court dont i? just wanted to make sure ive got it right in my head, trying to remember from last year but cant. lol.

Im heading on the Friday can I still get from earls court to Olympia on the underground.

Not directly, though the TFL Journey planner is showing a 'Replacement bus service' from Earls Court to Kensington (Olympia) on Friday. Presumably this is for LFCC, but I don't know where the bus leaves from outside Earls Court.

If you're getting a District Line train to Earls Court, get one with 'Wimbledon' on the front & get off at West Brompton (stop after Earls Court) you can then get a London Overground train from Platform 2 back the way you came which will call at Kensington (Olympia), which is the next stop.

Edited by teabelly83

Wonderful thank you Magpie, yes friday i will be going so as your advice goes, i will get the piccadilly line to earls court, change there onto district line to west brompton then change at west brompton to kensington olympia. When i change at earls court is the train i need directly for west brompton or is it to somewhere else and i just get off at west brompton? if that makes sense.

And saturday should be fine then if i can go direct on district from earls. again ill just get a piccadilly line to earls then change to district to go straight to kensington olympia and agai when ichange at earls court am i just looking for the train which has 'kensington olympia' on it or to somewhere else and i just get off at olympia?

No problem, I'm glad I've been of help :)

The train you will need from Earl's Court on Friday will have 'Wimbledon' on the front (which is where it terminates) & West Brompton is the next station after Earl's Court. The station where you change to the Overground on Friday is West Brompton, and your train will leave from platform 4.

The District Line train from Earl's Court to Kensington (Olympia) will have 'Olympia' on the front, which is where the train terminates.

• Like 1

Thanks so much mate!! really appreciate that! really helped me out, so glad i have an idea now of what trains to get, what platform and what to look for on the front of the train!! suc ha great help. friday hopefully should be find to do all the changes as ill be going around 12ish, saturday will be ok i hope too esp if its direct from earls court so i can just get kings x to earls court then earls court to kensington olympia :)

No problem, I'm glad I've been of help :)

The train you will need from Earl's Court on Friday will have 'Wimbledon' on the front (which is where it terminates) & West Brompton is the next station after Earl's Court. The station where you change to the Overground on Friday is West Brompton, and your train will leave from platform 4.

The District Line train from Earl's Court to Kensington (Olympia) will have 'Olympia' on the front, which is where the train terminates.

No problem. If I wasn't from London, I'd be the same. Travel here can be confusing if you're not familiar with the system. Just sorry for saying 'platform 2' when it should be 'platform 4' at West Brompton to get to Kensington (Olympia).

• Like 1

Circle &district line from Victoria are shut take Victoria line to green park change there for Piccadilly Line will take you to earls court. Get off train stay on platform wait for Olympia spur it will say on the train or the platform board it's one stop Olympia right in front of you alternatively cab it be about a tenner

yes definitely, like i say i only usually visit london twice a year really, for the summer and winter shows, unless i attend a concert etc so usually forget what tubes i need to where. Another reason why i always book to stay in a hotel near kings x as i can just cross the road and get the tube straight away in the morning. the instructions you said and which trains to get sounds pretty simple though so thanks for that! no doubt i wont miss it as ill prob start seeing loads of people that look like their heading that way anyway :)

No problem. If I wasn't from London, I'd be the same. Travel here can be confusing if you're not familiar with the system. Just sorry for saying 'platform 2' when it should be 'platform 4' at West Brompton to get to Kensington (Olympia).