Question about the e-tickets

Just a quick question which is probabaly answered before in one of the zillion topics, but I can't easily find it :smile:

With the new e-tickets for photoshoots, do you just print them and take your copy to the photo booth or do you need to exchange it for another ticket?

I am sorry if this sounds stupid :blush::thumbup:

Edited by Cyrus

Just a quick question which is probabaly answered before in one of the zillion topics, but I can't easily find it :smile:

With the new e-tickets for photoshoots, do you just print them and take your copy to the photo booth or do you need to exchange it for another ticket?

The print out is your Ticket. Nothing will be posted to you. You show this at the Photo shoot like Normal and the SM crew member will scan the ticket.. Hope that helps.

• Moderators

Just print them off making sure the QR code is visible they will be scanned at he photo shoot area

Alternatively if you have a smart phone the QR codes can be read from the eventbrite app or passbook on iPhone.

I've looked at Eticketing FAQs but was wondering what happens if someone has a clash with already paid for talks, photos, etc. On old ticket system if major clashes occurred and there was no way that both tickets could be used that day I have been allowed to go to customer services and swap one Saturday ticket for a Sunday one as long as I've shown the tickets as proof of clash. Will this still happen under new system? Thanks :)

I've looked at Eticketing FAQs but was wondering what happens if someone has a clash with already paid for talks, photos, etc. On old ticket system if major clashes occurred and there was no way that both tickets could be used that day I have been allowed to go to customer services and swap one Saturday ticket for a Sunday one as long as I've shown the tickets as proof of clash. Will this still happen under new system? Thanks :)

If you were allowed that this was a "last fix because everything else failed" on the day solution, like when two things overlap completely. (Sorry to mention that first, but if I don't we'll have too many people expecting to be able to swap if it's a 5 minute overlap.) The normal procedure is to let crew on the day know. I can't generally give an answer to that because it depends on the exact circumstances what happens. I will try to find out if there's some sort of general guideline.

I personally look at it from the viewpoint that there is absolutely no difference between an e-ticket and a posted ticket except one you can download immediately and the other is sent to you in the post and everything else remains exactly the same as it was before.

• Like 2

If you were allowed that this was a "last fix because everything else failed" on the day solution, like when two things overlap completely. (Sorry to mention that first, but if I don't we'll have too many people expecting to be able to swap if it's a 5 minute overlap.) The normal procedure is to let crew on the day know. I can't generally give an answer to that because it depends on the exact circumstances what happens. I will try to find out if there's some sort of general guideline.

If everything else fails then yes, a swap will be allowed. The definition of "everything else failing" depends on the exact circumstances, so this is not a blanket statement confirming that swaps are allowed.