Ticket Buyer vs. Attendee (Giving Tickets as a Gift!)

Sorry for having caused so much havoc by asking this question. The previous topics I found by searching the forum only dealt with the problem that two people attended the con, while only the ticket buyer's name was written on the tickets. My problem was that the ticket buyer isn't even going to be present at the con and that I am planning on going alone.

Thank you for helping me out! :)

Hi Dazza, I'm sorry to hear about your condition and what happened to you, that really sucks. If you don't mind I'd like to give you a bit of advice? It might be worth your while writing down somewhere (notebook/computer file etc.) a list of questions you could possibly have about the event and then have a quick look in the forum to see which of these questions have been answered and also add them into this. Any unanswered questions you can ask on here and I'm sure everyone will help you. That way you can refer to it when you need to and make sure that you're not asking the same questions multiple times as I have seen you do on here. I hope you don't find this patronising, as I truly mean this as something I think will help you (and the mods!). Best wishes, Sam (Wrong Name).
thank I don't think ur patronizing I think ur helpful am r a good bloke
  • Like 1

I'm just asking if e tickets are OK to use if theyve got someone else's name on them where my partner bought them for me

Your best best is to send an email to the store, and see what they want you to do.
OK thank mate sorry again
No problem, it's fine no need to apologise :).
cheers mate this con is awesome innit

It certainly is.

thank sorry for stating it wrong

Sorry for having caused so much havoc by asking this question. The previous topics I found by searching the forum only dealt with the problem that two people attended the con, while only the ticket buyer's name was written on the tickets. My problem was that the ticket buyer isn't even going to be present at the con and that I am planning on going alone.

Thank you for helping me out! :)

I'm in the same boat mate my partners not going she got me tickets as a gift

So to sum it up, so there's not any confusion:

If someone bought tickets for you and that person is also attending with you, it is ok to have their name on the ticket.

If someone bought tickets for you and is not attending, you have to have a written statement from them that they bought them for you.

• Like 1

where's the 3 emails you sent me to sorry can't find them am sorry and thank everyone

Well I have no access to your inbox, so I don't know where you have them.

I will resend again. Please have your partner read it and explain it to you.

thanx

If someone bought tickets for you and that person is also attending with you, it is ok to have their name on the ticket. Do u bring the written statement to comic con or email it?

If someone bought tickets for you and is not attending, you have to have a written statement from them that they bought them for you.

If someone bought tickets for you and that person is also attending with you, it is ok to have their name on the ticket. Do u bring the written statement to comic con or email it?

No, you don't have to e-mail anything. You may not even be asked to show it if the scan goes through. But we can't guarantee a name difference isn't noticed and questioned.

No, you don't have to e-mail anything. You may not even be asked to show it if the scan goes through. But we can't guarantee a name difference isn't noticed and questioned.

was wondering what email address you sent it to because I still didn't receive them my email address is dazzadaz1234@hotmail.co.UK and also am wondering if it is questioned do I bring a written statement to July's con because there's about 6 photos

was wondering what email address you sent it to because I still didn't receive them my email address is dazzadaz1234@hotmail.co.UK and also am wondering if it is questioned do I bring a written statement to July's con because there's about 6 photos

I've just answered that in the post you quoted dazza.

No e-mail sending needed. Bring written statement in case questioned. I really don't know how to phrase that differently

What did you not receive? You never mentioned that before. If you did not get your photo tickets you entered the wrong e-mail when ordering. I have no clue which address you used.

I've just answered that in the post you quoted dazza.

No e-mail sending needed. Bring written statement in case questioned. I really don't know how to phrase that differently

What did you not receive? You never mentioned that before. If you did not get your photo tickets you entered the wrong e-mail when ordering. I have no clue which address you used.

OK thank so much I'll bring a written statement with my partners number just in case and a few answers up u said you sent 3 emails it doesn't matter now I've got my answer thanx so much for the help really appreciate it so sorry won't ask the same thing again
  • Like 1