Ticket Buyer vs. Attendee (Giving Tickets as a Gift!)

Hey there :)

I was hoping you could answer a quick question of mine. I am going to attend this year's LFCC, and I can't await to meet all the fantastic guests!

When buying the tickets via Eventbrite, the only name that is required is the ticket buyer's. What if the attendee is a different person than the ticket buyer? I am asking you this because I was given quite a lot of photoshoot tickets as a gift. They were all purchased by this female relative of mine (and I am male). Therefore, the tickets also bear her name, and mine is nowhere to be seen!

Will this be a problem? The tickets are worth approx. 500 to 600 pounds, so it would be a real catastrophy if I couldn't use them for myself, although they were given specifically as a gift to me! I can assure you that I am just a fan - flying in from Austria to meet my favourite stars.

Can anyone help me? Are you there, Queen Sindel? :D

Thank you so much!

I'm switching to German seeing I read Austria. ;)

Ich schreib mal auf Deutsch nachdem ich AT in der E-Mail Adresse sehe.

Ja, ich bin da. Könnte nur gerade 15 Hände zum Tippen brauchen.

Ist es derselbe Nachname wenigstens? Sag dem edlen Sponsor bitte Bescheid, dass sie drei Zeilen schreiben soll dass sie Dir die Tickets gekauft hat. Bei der Höhe können sonst wirklich Fragen aufkommen.

Thank you for your reply :) This will be no problem at all. Any chance one of you knows where I have to send this statement to? I can even get it notarised if required! :D

Unfortunately, we do not share the same last name :-(

Danke, Queen Sindel für deine hilfreichen Tipps. Was täten wir Neulinge nur ohne dich? :)

Edited by Manini

Thank you for your reply :) This will be no problem at all. Any chance one of you knows where I have to send this statement to? I can even get it notarised if required! :D

Unfortunately, we do not share the same last name :-(

Danke, Queen Sindel für deine hilfreichen Tipps. Was täten wir Neulinge nur ohne dich? :)

Mitbringen bitte und auf Anfrage vorzeigen. Bei der Zahl an Tickets bringt das null komma gar nix das jetzt schon irgendwo hin zu schicken. So ne große Liste wo das alles drauf vermerkt ist muss man sonst mit nem Bollerwagen transportieren. ;)

Stuart has already posted the correct reply in English.

And this is not the first time this question has come up either, we keep answering that three times a week. In fact there is already one topic posted today with just the same question.

If it was anything new I wouldn't even have switched to German in the first place.

Just to be sure:i come from Italy with a friend of mine and i bought the tickets for both.So on the evenbrite ticket it's printed my name.Any problem with this?I read the Queel_Sindel post(we keep answering that three times a week),but if someone can answer me will be just one less thing to worry about....

Edited by ElmStreetBoy

Just to be sure:i come from Italy with a friend of mine and i bought the tickets for both.So on the evenbrite ticket it's printed my name.Any problem with this?I read the Queel_Sindel post(we keep answering that three times a week),but if someone can answer me will be just one less thing to worry about....

QS's reply means that you can find the answer in many places on this forum, but yes, that won't be a problem, you'll be fine.

You are both travelling together. Why should this be an issue then? ;)

No, you will be fine.

My post was simply as a request to please check the forum if the question has been asked already. This question has been asked so often. In the last 48 hours there has this topic, another topic and several replies to that in the guest suggestions topic.

You are really making our lives much easier if you please have at least a look at the new topics. The titles give it away. I don't even expect someone going digging for posts.

The forum is really hectic right now and it's very busy. Normally it only gets that busy the week before the event, now we're a month out. >< You're helping us a lot with this checking, that way we can get answers to other questions more fast. (Not to mention I'd finally get to put the finishing touches on the FAQ that we have been working on forever... :P)

• Moderators

It says in another topic that it's fine if it has someone else's name on it.

hope that's right?
As QS has already posted multiple times it has already been clarified above, I'm not sure what you don't understand? Edited by StuartG2198

I'm going on my own that's why I'm asking that's all so there's no problem then they are fine to use?

also I don't like to use this as an excuse I'm sorry but ive now got controlled epilepsy but a few years bk I had a really bad fit (when they weren't controlled) and fractured my cheek bones and the false of smashing my head on the concrete floor damaged part of my brain so sometimes it's hard for me to understand stuff I'm sorry if it frustrates you but believe me it frustrates me a hell of a lot more sorry for the inconvenience

I'm just asking if e tickets are OK to use if theyve got someone else's name on them where my partner bought them for me

Your best best is to send an email to the store, and see what they want you to do.

OK thank mate sorry again

• Moderators

I'm just asking if e tickets are OK to use if theyve got someone else's name on them where my partner bought them for me

Your best best is to send an email to the store, and see what they want you to do.
No problem, it's fine no need to apologise :). Edited by StuartG2198

No problem, it's fine no need to apologise :).
cheers mate this con is awesome innit

• Moderators

No problem, it's fine no need to apologise :).
cheers mate this con is awesome innit

It certainly is.

• Like 1

Sorry for having caused so much havoc by asking this question. The previous topics I found by searching the forum only dealt with the problem that two people attended the con, while only the ticket buyer's name was written on the tickets. My problem was that the ticket buyer isn't even going to be present at the con and that I am planning on going alone.

Thank you for helping me out! :)

Sorry for having caused so much havoc by asking this question. The previous topics I found by searching the forum only dealt with the problem that two people attended the con, while only the ticket buyer's name was written on the tickets. My problem was that the ticket buyer isn't even going to be present at the con and that I am planning on going alone.

Thank you for helping me out! :)

Hi Dazza, I'm sorry to hear about your condition and what happened to you, that really sucks. If you don't mind I'd like to give you a bit of advice? It might be worth your while writing down somewhere (notebook/computer file etc.) a list of questions you could possibly have about the event and then have a quick look in the forum to see which of these questions have been answered and also add them into this. Any unanswered questions you can ask on here and I'm sure everyone will help you. That way you can refer to it when you need to and make sure that you're not asking the same questions multiple times as I have seen you do on here. I hope you don't find this patronising, as I truly mean this as something I think will help you (and the mods!). Best wishes, Sam (Wrong Name).

• Like 2

Hi Dazza, I'm sorry to hear about your condition and what happened to you, that really sucks. If you don't mind I'd like to give you a bit of advice? It might be worth your while writing down somewhere (notebook/computer file etc.) a list of questions you could possibly have about the event and then have a quick look in the forum to see which of these questions have been answered and also add them into this. Any unanswered questions you can ask on here and I'm sure everyone will help you. That way you can refer to it when you need to and make sure that you're not asking the same questions multiple times as I have seen you do on here. I hope you don't find this patronising, as I truly mean this as something I think will help you (and the mods!). Best wishes, Sam (Wrong Name).

dazza, I've already suggested that (and more) in the 3 e-mails I sent you too. I've also included other explanations which are really important.

If you have trouble understanding what I wrote there please have someone read and explain it to you.

• Like 1

dazza, I've already suggested that (and more) in the 3 e-mails I sent you too. I've also included other explanations which are really important.

If you have trouble understanding what I wrote there please have someone read and explain it to you.

where's the 3 emails you sent me to sorry can't find them am sorry and thank everyone