Batch system

Does anyone understand how the batch system works? Eg...Charles Dance Saturday photoshoot is Batch 6...what happened to batch 1-5....and how can you feasible book several shoots for the same day and avoid each other? I can't find anything that explains the batch system change on the forum...thanks...

Batches 1-5 have been sold already. The batch numbers are for calling people to queue during the day. So the crew will call Gold passes first, then any old system tickets, etickets without a batch, then batch one, then batch two etc. so that there aren't 1000 people trying to queue at the same time.

The photo schedule is released roughly 1 week before the show and there isn't anyway to know if shoots will clash until then. If you do have clashes then you can speak to the crew at the event who will help you decide which is best for you to go to first then rush you through so you can get to both. It's very rare that people have missed any shoots as they plan carefully.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 3

To try and clarify a bit further about the batch system. Under the old ticket system the tickets were numbered and at the shoots you would be called in batches of numbers (for the busier shoots), so gold passes would be at the front of the queue then they would call people with tickets between (for example) 1 and 100, then 100 to 200 and so on. The new system doesn't number the tickets so instead SM are selling them in batches of 100 (so batch 1 would be the equivalent of 1-100, batch 3 is 200-300) and they will be called in batch order. The usual rule of thumb is 100 people per 15 minutes so if you have a high batch number you are likely to be either in a second shoot (if more than one are scheduled) or later in the shoot, so you can always go and do another shoot whilst waiting to be called for that one.

• Like 3

Batches 1-5 have been sold already. The batch numbers are for calling people to queue during the day. So the crew will call Gold passes first, then any old system tickets, etickets without a batch, then batch one, then batch two etc. so that there aren't 1000 people trying to queue at the same time.

The photo schedule is released roughly 1 week before the show and there isn't anyway to know if shoots will clash until then. If you do have clashes then you can speak to the crew at the event who will help you decide which is best for you to go to first then rush you through so you can get to both. It's very rare that people have missed any shoots as they plan carefully.

I'm not the OP but thank you! It's my first time with SM and I had no idea what batches were for!

• Like 1

Well I think that a FAQ will come up eventually from Too Tall and that will most likely clarify things like this even more.

I for one wants to know how it will work with the photoshoots that has diamond guests. Would not be so fun ariving in a group with 200 diamond pass holders thinking I am one of the 100 thats in the batch.

Well I think that a FAQ will come up eventually from Too Tall and that will most likely clarify things like this even more.

I for one wants to know how it will work with the photoshoots that has diamond guests. Would not be so fun ariving in a group with 200 diamond pass holders thinking I am one of the 100 thats in the batch.

For Diamond Pass holders so far it's been clarified that MJF batch 1 is Saturday and batch 2 Sunday. Does that help a bit?

• Like 1

For Diamond Pass holders so far it's been clarified that MJF batch 1 is Saturday and batch 2 Sunday. Does that help a bit?

That helps alot :) Thanks QS

Hiya!

Still a bit confused about this whole thing.

Flying from Spain with my boyfriend to our first ComicCon and starting to get worried abou the batch times, as I've read that people queue outside before 9 am.

We are on BATCH 2 for MJF. Would we miss our shoot by any chance? I just want to know that I'll get in just on time for our shoot. I don't not really understand the whole thing.

HELP PLEASE!

Edited by anaintherye

Hiya!

Flying from Spain with my boyfriend to our first ComicCon and starting to get worried abou the batch times, as I've read that people queue outside before 9 am.

We are on BATCH 2 for MJF. Would we miss our shoot by any chance? I just want to know that I'll get it just on time for our shoot. I'm not really understand the whole thing.

HELP PLEASE!

Those that queue before 9am are generally people wanting to get a good VQ number for autographs, I wouldn't imagine that even in a massive queue you'd miss your shoot. There are usually stewards outside monitoring the queues so I'm sure if you were close to your shoot time and have yet to make it into the venue you could have a word with them and they'd get you in. Although I would suggest getting to the venue before doors open to minimise worry about the whole situation. Hopefully that helps? Mods, if any of the above is incorrect feel free to edit. I'm only talking from personal experience.

• Moderators

In general when the schedule is put together then all attempts are made to have the first hour or so of photoshoots be ones that have a second session later in the day, so if you are still queueing to get in you are still fine. In the unlikely event that (because of door queue) you are about to miss a shoot which is not repeated later then do make yourself known to crew on the door who will help if possible. We are not expecting a big problem with entry this year however as the busiest day (and potentially whole event depending on sales) have no on the door entry payments.

This info : batch 1 saturday, batch 2 sunday, it´s just for the photoshoot of MJ fox ?

What about the autograph ? Same ?

Thx :-)

This info : batch 1 saturday, batch 2 sunday, it´s just for the photoshoot of MJ fox ?

What about the autograph ? Same ?

Thx :-)

Autographs too. But please wait for final confirmation. It all will be clear when the schedule comes up.

As a gold pass holder can you choose which batch photo session you go to?

For example if I bought a Sigourney Weaver batch 4 Photoshoot, would I be able to go to a batch 1-3 session as a gold pass holder?

Yes, that has not changed. Gold Passes get priority for photo sessions (in Sigourney's case behind the Diamond Passes). Translates to: Gold Passes can forget about their batch number and just show up at the start of the session, or relatively at the start for Diamond Pass guests.

• Like 2

For example if I bought a Sigourney Weaver batch 4 Photoshoot, would I be able to go to a batch 1-3 session as a gold pass holder?

Yes, that has not changed. Gold Passes get priority for photo sessions (in Sigourney's case behind the Diamond Passes). Translates to: Gold Passes can forget about their batch number and just show up at the start of the session, or relatively at the start for Diamond Pass guests.

QS, quick question, I have a batch 5 photo on Sunday with MJF and Delorean. As an MJF diamond pass holder can I choose to join any batch on any day? I.e. Could I join a batch on Friday or Saturday if I wanted to?

Thanks

JB

QS, quick question, I have a batch 5 photo on Sunday with MJF and Delorean. As an MJF diamond pass holder can I choose to join any batch on any day? I.e. Could I join a batch on Friday or Saturday if I wanted to?

Thanks

JB

MJF isn't doing photos on Friday.

That's actually a good question. Let me check if the Diamond Pass priority applies to the shoots not in the package too. It probably came up before, was clarified and I don't remember... but we're getting so many repeat questions right now and it's so many different packages that my brain is starting to get muddled.

Thanks

JB

MJF isn't doing photos on Friday.

That's actually a good question. Let me check if the Diamond Pass priority applies to the shoots not in the package too. It probably came up before, was clarified and I don't remember... but we're getting so many repeat questions right now and it's so many different packages that my brain is starting to get muddled.

Thanks. I've looked through various topics but haven't found anything on it yet. I may need to leave early now on the Sunday so was hoping diamond pass privileges may help me out so I can get it done on Saturday instead!

Hiya!

We are on BATCH 2 for MJF. Would we miss our shoot by any chance? I just want to know that I'll get it just on time for our shoot. I'm not really understand the whole thing.

HELP PLEASE!

Those that queue before 9am are generally people wanting to get a good VQ number for autographs, I wouldn't imagine that even in a massive queue you'd miss your shoot. There are usually stewards outside monitoring the queues so I'm sure if you were close to your shoot time and have yet to make it into the venue you could have a word with them and they'd get you in. Although I would suggest getting to the venue before doors open to minimise worry about the whole situation. Hopefully that helps? Mods, if any of the above is incorrect feel free to edit. I'm only talking from personal experience.

In general when the schedule is put together then all attempts are made to have the first hour or so of photoshoots be ones that have a second session later in the day, so if you are still queueing to get in you are still fine. In the unlikely event that (because of door queue) you are about to miss a shoot which is not repeated later then do make yourself known to crew on the door who will help if possible. We are not expecting a big problem with entry this year however as the busiest day (and potentially whole event depending on sales) have no on the door entry payments.

Thank you guys!

We'll be there from 8 am as latish, as we wouldn't like any inconvienences to get in the way of our photoshoot and great experience at the Comic Con, however I'd appreciate some clear info about this whole thing from admins, mods or showmasters themselves!

We'll be there from 8 am as latish, as we wouldn't like any inconvienences to get in the way of our photoshoot and great experience at the Comic Con, however I'd appreciate some clear info about this whole thing from admins, mods or showmasters themselves!

etmuse is a mod, as evidenced by the word "moderator" under her icon. ;) I have nothing more to add from moderator side than what she has already told you, Touchstone has already posted correct information too.

• Like 1