Is this show getting TOO big?

LSM

I'm sacrificing the Star Wars guests this year as I'm sure that they will be at another 'big' event next year ;)

It is fantastic that the show is doing well and attracting bigger names. I just hope that it does not reach SDCC level where tickets sell out in hours!

I'm sacrificing the Star Wars guests this year as I'm sure that they will be at another 'big' event next year ;)

It is fantastic that the show is doing well and attracting bigger names. I just hope that it does not reach SDCC level where tickets sell out in hours!

that's the only thing that worries me, I love that the events and line ups are getting bigger and better and that's great for showmasters but I'll be sad if one day I cant even get an entry ticket because they sell out so fast, I know that's just the way these things go sometimes but it would be pretty gutting

• Like 3

that's the only thing that worries me, I love that the events and line ups are getting bigger and better and that's great for showmasters but I'll be sad if one day I cant even get an entry ticket because they sell out so fast, I know that's just the way these things go sometimes but it would be pretty gutting

I totally get that. I would never want it to get to the point where you have to have been an attendee the year before to get preference, or do a mad F5'ing to get in a queue just for entry.

• Like 2

Far too big. I agree with the original poster. I am on about 50 guests for photos and autos but WILL have to choose wisely as I can only afford approx. 20.

I may be missing out out people I have wanted to meet for years unfortunately in the hope that they attend a later event.

It is your choice to have purchased/scheduled 50 photoshoots; SM may have a lot of rules, but they certainly don't require anyone to buy a certain number of photoshoots lol

The show can, indeed, become "too big" for a particular venue, but as far as it being "too big" because people have to pack loads into their day isn't SM's fault.

Last year, I spent more at LFCC than at any single con since I started attending them. Could I have spent more? Absolutely. Generally, I prefer to get autographs because there is usually a chance to chat with the guests I admire; it is rare that I spend money on a photoshoot - I save those for the "massive" guests on my list, such as John Hurt. This year, at the moment, there are only about 4 or 5 guests I "have" to meet. Could I choose to meet more? Absolutely, but I'd rather not feel rushed off my feet and be able to enjoy the event.

It doesn't seem like SM can win either way: if the guest list is sparse, people complain; if it's loaded with guests, people complain.....

I have not bought 50 ! I know it's my choice what to buy and I never said any different.

My complaint about the event getting bigger is partially due to the fact that while this event grows and grows, other events are being left behind. Cardiff this year was very sparse and Mk seemed to have been forgotten.

• Like 1

• Moderators

LFCC is the flagship show. It will always be the biggest and the best and the most popular. I cannot see any other event ever coming close to it. People travel worldwide for it and so putting the money, resources etc into this event makes complete sense. The other shows do well in their own ways but they should never be compared. This is a whole other beast.

However it also comes down to schedules and things like that, so sometimes other events will get guests that never come to London etc.

• Like 1

I can see what you mean. I think if you don't want to pay a month's salary for autographs and photos, you are bound to have to decide not to see some guests you wanted to see. I had this problem last year and although at first it seemed there wouldn't be many people I wanted to see this year (to the point where I thought it might not be worth the aeroplane ticket to come), once again I find I will have to cross some people off my list. It's good when they bring people you want to see, but the downside of that is the money problem. Like for the new big guest that is to be announced today, on one hand I am excited, on the other I am afraid he/she may be too expensive for me.

The main problem with it being too big is that it can get really crowded. I remember last year Saturday was horrendously crowded. I hope it will be better this year at the Olympia.

• Showmasters Admin

as to the topic is it to big

err no :-)

as to it being busy last year we are not going to be selling day tickets for Sat on the day any more so people will have to buy in advance and when they are sold out that will be it , we may have a standby ticket available in the afternoon but that will not be a guaranteed access thing and there will only be some available if people leave the building early and the capacity is available

and we have taken more space that ever before so its going to be really big this year and beyond , so LFCC is a not to be missed event now and the guests and activates prove this.

see most of you there :-)

Jason

• Like 7

It sounds really stupid to make a complaint about this show getting bigger but is anyone else feeling the pinch of it getting TOO big?

I'm someone who overbudgets for these shows and was very much aware and prepared for this event to be the flagship show of the year. For that very reason I started saving money over 6 months ago.

Because of the sheer amount of names that I have an interest in, for the first time ever, I've started to have to make decisions of either cutting a guest from my list of "wants" or make a decision between and autograph or photo. Usually I've been in a fortunate position to afford both.

Please don't take this topic as being ungrateful as I think it's great that we've been given the opportunity to meet some great names this year. I know it's also easy to thrown the arguement "you don't HAVE to meet......" & no-one is twisting your arm, however when that carrot is dangled infront of you I feel I HAVE to take the opportunity whilst it's there as it may never come around again.

Anyone else in the same position as me, or am I alone here?

I get what your saying here. I also start saving for this show the minute the last one is over.

Again its not we have to meet the guests what i think is being said here is are there going to be too many people at LFCC like last year when the show was way oversold and you could not move and fire regs were at capacity if not over.

I love the london shows i travel from top of scotland for them and to meet up with my friends in england but i am worried about being squuezed in like a sardine again

as to the topic is it to big

err no :-)

as to it being busy last year we are not going to be selling day tickets for Sat on the day any more so people will have to buy in advance and when they are sold out that will be it , we may have a standby ticket available in the afternoon but that will not be a guaranteed access thing and there will only be some available if people leave the building early and the capacity is available

and we have taken more space that ever before so its going to be really big this year and beyond , so LFCC is a not to be missed event now and the guests and activates prove this.

see most of you there :-)

Jason

Glad showmasters are not selling on the day this will help im sure :)

Excited for LFCC cant wait for tonights announcment

Edited by vickysadistic

The not selling on the day tickets is definitely a step in the right direction after the overcrowding of last year so in those terms getting bigger is fine as long as the venue is able to cope.

As for guests it maybe unfortunate that we can not afford to meet everyone we would like (I know I can't) but better to have the choice than not at all. Plus if some of the new big names enjoy themselves they may come back for future events.

A few years ago would anyone have expected Gillan Anderson to do LFCC and then Collectormania, so I say the more big guests the better.

I think it's fine. The only thing I worry about, or wish was a little different is that it was in a bigger venue. Though I'm hoping with the new 'no door sales' on the Saturday, this shouldn't be a problem. We'll see .

I'm not worried about how 'big' it gets in terms of names as I too fell it's great to have the opportunity and the choice. For me I am more concerned about the size of the crowd, rather than the numnber of guests, as I know these events can get massively stacked, and this on ocasion makes it uncomfortable.

as to it being busy last year we are not going to be selling day tickets for Sat on the day any more so people will have to buy in advance and when they are sold out that will be it , we may have a standby ticket available in the afternoon but that will not be a guaranteed access thing and there will only be some available if people leave the building early and the capacity is available.

Errr since when ? Did I miss the announcement regarding Saturday tickets can only be bought in advance and not on the door ?

I have a issue with this !

And no not like that as I think its a great idea especially if its going to be like last year as I too where refused re-entry after I popped out for a smoke, it wasn't a problem as crazy as it seems I just walked to another door and just walked past the person on that door showing my stamp as I did so and I wasn't stopped ! Crazy Huh ?

My issue is I don't know, currently at the moment, if I want to go or not as I only have about 4 or 5 guests I want to meet ( lucky me lol ) how ever that may change in the coming weeks as we don't know who SM will announce next . So my issue is if I bought a Sat ticket now, before they sell out, and decide not to go ( for what ever reason ) I can't get a refund on my ticket as I believe they are non-refundable or transferable.

The problem there is of course

1 I've just lost £18 for nothing ( if I don't go )

and 2 More importantly I'm denying someone else from attending ( if I don't go )

Any solutions Showmasters ? Or will you give me a refund on my ticket if I decide not to go or the opportunity of being able to " Re-sell " my ticket so that someone else could attend.

It's been tickets only in advance for Saturday since they were first announced.

London Film and Comic Con has always had an entry fee for the event, this covers a whole range of costs for Showmasters and also gets you into the event, allows you to experience the atmosphere, attend the free talks, see the stalls and displays etc . It has never been billed as a payment for seeing a particular guest, which is done through either getting a photoshoot ticket or purchasing an autograph. I don't really get your thought pattern, not least, you want to meet 4 or 5 guests anyway so why wouldn't you go ?

• Like 1

You can't win Time Corridor. Your money is gone either way.

I myself am not meeting a lot of guests yet I am really happy with the number of horror guests this year because I've always said the UK is missing out on horror themed shows and this one has made up for all that so I can't complain too much. You need to decide if the 5 guests you want to meet are worth the travel for you and if you will get that opportunity again down the line. I think with some of the people I'm meeting I wont get that chance anytime soon so it's better I take this chance.

I don't understand the people that meet 40+ people in one show. There is no need for it. No one needs to meet that many people, you might have the money to do it and are happy to spend it on those people but if you sat and thought about it........do you really need to meet 40 people? Is your life gonna be any different? No. It's just entertainment. We can't take these autographs with us when we die guys. It's just entertainment to keep us chirpy while we are here. I don't have any sympathy for anyone meeting that number of people and they don't have enough money or they want to meet more people and can't afford it. The priorities are all wrong if that's the case.

• Like 4

It is getting big to the point I'm not sure braving queues and crowds of 1000s each time is entirely worthwhile in my case, if I'm only there for a part of it, and a fraction of the guests. I'd like a Michael Gambom auto, but for the sake of £5, preordering one instead seems like a lot less hassle.

If I purchase a Sat Ticket and don't go can I have a refund ? Or can I resell the ticket ?

Interestingly I still dont have an answer to my questions ?

In case you didn't notice, this forum is a tad busy right now. ;) You haven't chosen a real ideal topic to ask a question.

You could have easily found that answer yourself. Your answers are in the store T&C. No and no. Tickets are non-refundable and can't be transfered.

As it's in the T & C's it's something you have to decide on, always has been.

Do I buy a non-refundable entry ticket knowing somehting may come up that stops me going or all my guests cancel? You either answer yes, I still want to go anyway and get one. Or no, I won't chance it or I'll go on a day that does have on-the-day entry.

As always with these cons, 99% of things are totally the customers choice.

I swore after last years overcrowding I'd not do another LFCC but then you got MJF and so I have to come now, like others I worry about the amount of people in the venue but it does seem like feedback has been listened to to try and avoid this which is good to see.

Guest wise I'm only coming for 2 specific guests but that may well change when I get there and see Noah Wyle in the flesh lol