YALC schedule is live!

Not sure why I bought the YALC entry when there's only one panel in the early 9-11am access :/ I thought some of the authors would be doing signings in that time.

It will be a good chance to have a look around YALC and all the publishers sets who will have some great stuff on their stalls!

What kind of stuff do they have? :)

Lots of promo stuff, little bits and pieces and freebies with badges, wristbands etc! You'll also get a goodie bag being a yalc ticket holder

Hey, I was wondering, will the authors sign any book that they have written or is it just the book listed on the website?

There's 1 or 2 authors with restrictions (but this is VERY limited) the majority will sign any books they've written

Hey, I was wondering, will the authors sign any book that they have written or is it just the book listed on the website?

There's 1 or 2 authors with restrictions (but this is VERY limited) the majority will sign any books they've written

Do you know which authors that this is, just in case I make a slip up?

Judy Blume will sign new copies of her new book IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT along with ONE of her other books. Cassie clare has a max of 3 books per person

Judy Blume will sign new copies of her new book IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT along with ONE of her other books. Cassie clare has a max of 3 books per person

Cool! Thanks :D

• Moderators

Wanted to get my Fast Show DVD signed by Charlie Higson and Arabella Weir on Saturday. Would it be OK for me to do this or is it books only? Will there also be a charge? Just need to work into my budget for the day.

All signings by the authors are free, but each author will have their own rules about what they will and will not sign - in general you will need their book and they MAY sign additional items on top of that.

There will be an information desk in the book area at the event, they will be able to clarify individual author rules.

Do YALC ticket holders get priority in queues. I bought the ticket mainly for Cassandra Clare but she's not signing till the afternoon. I'm worried that I won't be able to see her if the queue is massive.

If the queue is looking like its going to be really big a virtual queue will be put into place, she is also only signing x3 MAX per person so should speed up the queue process.

Her manager has also ensured us that she works really hard to make sure every single person in her queue gets to meet her so you should have absolutely no issues meeting Cassie :)

Do yalc ticket holders go through the yalc entrance no matter what time we get there? Won't be there until nearly 11

Nope its only for the first hour of the show, so after 10 you go through the standard entry

I am quite annoyed by Cassandra Clare's autograph being on a VQ system when it wasn't made clear, I went upstairs at 9:20 and was told just to come back at 12-12:15 and join her queue. When I got there at 12 I was given a VQ ticket of 254! Not only that I had photoshoots that meant I couldn't wait around any longer and was told i still couldn't join the queue :(

I am quite annoyed by Cassandra Clare's autograph being on a VQ system when it wasn't made clear, I went upstairs at 9:20 and was told just to come back at 12-12:15 and join her queue. When I got there at 12 I was given a VQ ticket of 254! Not only that I had photoshoots that meant I couldn't wait around any longer and was told i still couldn't join the queue :(

The decision to put Cassie on VQ was made when it was discovered just how popular she was going to be and we wanted to ensure the majority of people would get to meet her.

400 people went through Cassie's Q and she signed over 1,000 autographs in 2 and a half hours, at no charge, I'm really sorry you didn't have time to join the queue but she even stayed later to accommodate all the extra attendees

My friend (and her friend) attended YALC this year, having had a rather hot and uncomfortable experience last time but decided to risk it anyway. I'm happy to say that her experience was much better this time. I attended briefly to catch a bite somewhere less crowd-heavy than Levels 1 and 2 nab Ben Aaronovitch's autograph (success!) and found it very pleasant. Much better having it on a separate level like this.