MASSIVE Guest Announcement Thursday at 7pm - Clue Added

Arnie's new film in the UK, 'Maggie', is out 24th July, and riding the wave of the July 2nd 'Terminator Genisys'.

....you don't think it could be, do you? My god...if it was him that would be SO expensive I imagine!

The added clues are now making me a tad nervous:

"Added Clues : There will actually be 2 Guests announced! One is a multi-genre actor/actress and a great guest for the show. The other is also a multi-genre actor/actress and I can safely say one of, if not the biggest guest we have ever had at one of our shows! We can't wait to share who they are with you!"

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Emilia Clarke

Not too familiar with Emilia but I've heard her name being used a great deal on here, from Game of Thrones I think and Arnie well he's certainly big

especially with the new terminator film coming out

I've heard that she's gonna be in that so a good guess that it could be both of them - I'm hoping for both the Game of Thrones and Terminator fans that it is :)

• Like 2

what the significance of the Thu 7PM choice anyways? or is there none? is it to coincide w/ an announcement elsewhere perhaps?

Edit - i think instead of another clue i'd like to know if the guest(s) will be doing a sensibly-priced auto, as opposed to a £400 special thingy that i can't afford ~ might as well know in advance if it's not worth getting excited for!

Very much agreed - I personally don't want to or intend on spending hundreds on a diamond pass thingy which is out of my price range where a simple auto at a decent price (for whomever this guest may be)

I totally agree with you they've got to put into consideration everyone that's paid a lot out so far on other diamonds too its gonna be very expensive this summer would've helped if we new they were going to do the diamond passes and e tickets when they were sorting this comic con out tbh

Arnie's new film in the UK, 'Maggie', is out 24th July, and riding the wave of the July 2nd 'Terminator Genisys'.

....you don't think it could be, do you? My god...if it was him that would be SO expensive I imagine!

You're right! An audience with Arnie event happened last year and a ticket was over £200!

And to actually meet him cost far more than that!

Edited by andyfilm_1

I know am gutted just thinking bout it cant afford more than 2 hundred now

what the significance of the Thu 7PM choice anyways? or is there none? is it to coincide w/ an announcement elsewhere perhaps?

Edit - i think instead of another clue i'd like to know if the guest(s) will be doing a sensibly-priced auto, as opposed to a £400 special thingy that i can't afford ~ might as well know in advance if it's not worth getting excited for!

Very much agreed - I personally don't want to or intend on spending hundreds on a diamond pass thingy which is out of my price range where a simple auto at a decent price (for whomever this guest may be)

I totally agree with you they've got to put into consideration everyone that's paid a lot out so far on other diamonds too its gonna be very expensive this summer would've helped if we new they were going to do the diamond passes and e tickets when they were sorting this comic con out tbh

*Bows Majestically*

At the end of the day these events are what I would deem as being a luxurious affair, where we use our disposable income to meet people who have greatly InSpired us yadda yadda yadda. Some of us just don't have the dosh to fork out for names here and there where more important things like paying bills, paying off debts, keeping a roof over our head is much more beneficial - I have never and would never go for a diamond pass (but thats a personal thing for me) if an auto for a guest who is that important to me is at a decent price then I'll look into the relevance of having it before I pay out money.

• Like 4

*Bows Majestically*

At the end of the day these events are what I would deem as being a luxurious affair, where we use our disposable income to meet people who have greatly InSpired us yadda yadda yadda. Some of us just don't have the dosh to fork out for names here and there where more important things like paying bills, paying off debts, keeping a roof over our head is much more beneficial - I have never and would never go for a diamond pass (but thats a personal thing for me) if an auto for a guest who is that important to me is at a decent price then I'll look into the relevance of having it before I pay out money.

defiantly right mate even if its just a pic at a reasonable price would do me the autograph I always get them personalised to me tbh
  • Like 1

*Bows Majestically*

I totally agree with you about diamond passes. Have never liked the Idea of them. They've priced a lot of people out of the event
  • Like 1

*Bows Majestically*

defiantly right mate even if its just a pic at a reasonable price would do me the autograph I always get them personalised to me tbh

Exactly. A memento of meeting someone whether it be a pic, auto, a handshake or just a simple acknowledgment is enough for me :)

• Like 1

You're right! An audience with Arnie event happened last year and a ticket was over £200!

And to actually meet him cost far more than that!

I was lucky enough to meet Arnold at his book singing a few years ago. Was a five and a half hour wait to meet him for a few moments but it was worth it! His autograph is the favourite of my collection.

• Like 3

KingRichard has hit the nail on the head really. No-one *needs* an auto or a photo from a celeb. We might *want* them though. Some celebs cost a fortune to agree to come - that means they'll cost more. Sometimes we won't be able to afford it. Does that mean that we should stop other people from having the opportunity? I'd rather see a guest appear, but cost £500, than have the guest not appear at all. At least then people have the choice. If you can't afford it then you wouldn't have met them using the other option anyway!

• Like 7

*Bows Majestically*

Exactly. A memento of meeting someone whether it be a pic, auto, a handshake or just a simple acknowledgment is enough for me :)

Sigh. Come on guys, both of you have been on here enough to know that some of these Diamond guests come at that price or they don't come at all. If you can't afford it, that is a shame, but it's then the same for you as if they hadn't come at all. There's no need to keep moaning about this.

If I remember, a Meet and Greet Arnold Schwarzenegger ticket for his "An Evening With" last years was approx. £1,500/ £2,000 but that included a 3 course dinner, a talk, an auction, a photo op and other things.

The other tickets (Bronze, Silver, Gold) for basic attendance and seating near the stage was between £250 - £500 I think.

Either way, bank managers wept that day but it wasn't a Showmasters event so not really relevant now I think! :P

Edited by GelNerd

I totally agree with you about diamond passes. Have never liked the Idea of them. They've priced a lot of people out of the event

Thank you, I don't want anyone thinking that I'm lambasting others as everyone on this forum all have different incomes and people are free to spend their money as they wish but some of us aren't into the whole bells and whistles ethos.

• Like 1

i was at the T2 convention in LA and Arnie came out saying "they asked me if i'd spend 10 mins of my time to come" etc, and that literally was it - a bit Q&A and he vanished, no autographs or nowt, i was fairly unimpressed. given that, i'd doubt it's him, or if it is, i reckon it'll be a VERY expensive siggy, given Bill is asking £45.

• Like 1

It's Eid for me on the weekend of LFCC so not possible for me to travel to London and come but if the guest announcement is more than worth it I'll travel on the Saturday night and attend on the Sunday but just hope the guests would come on the Sunday

i don't think anyone was saying we don't WANT a £500 guest, speaking for myself i was simply saying i'd like to know if it was or not so i'd know not to get too excited if it was. if y'all can afford to drop £500/1k etc on a convention, good on you, seriously. i just simply can't justify something like that.

• Like 4