MASSIVE Guest Announcement Thursday at 7pm - Clue Added

there's a lot of people mentioning star who are "in London now" - well, that may be, but the LFCC is 4 weeks away so i don't quite get the connection ~ if they were going to do some simultaneous announcement for, eg Arnie, i wouldn't expect it to be at 7PM.

if these guests are as huge as they're claiming, i kinda hope they clamp down on the number of admittance tickets and make each day ticket-only, otherwise it'll be way beyond insane.

i might be wrong but i think they allready announced that there is a limit placed on attendance this time and a cap on the number of entrance tickets to be sold for each day. sure i read that somewhere from SM.

I know Arnold Schwarzenegger is in London in july doing a promo for the new film. so im going with him. showmasters also said the biggest guest they have had but do they mean in size OR Hollywood? I just cant wait lol ive not got 2 pennys to rub together so im out but I hope the rest of you get a good one

I know Arnold Schwarzenegger is in London in july doing a promo for the new film. so im going with him. showmasters also said the biggest guest they have had but do they mean in size OR Hollywood? I just cant wait lol ive not got 2 pennys to rub together so im out but I hope the rest of you get a good one

Well I would say if it was Arnold then the clue would imo be. "The biggest we have ever had by far" :D So I think Arnold might be abit to big for that clue. But one could always hope :D

there's a lot of people mentioning star who are "in London now" - well, that may be, but the LFCC is 4 weeks away so i don't quite get the connection ~ if they were going to do some simultaneous announcement for, eg Arnie, i wouldn't expect it to be at 7PM.

if these guests are as huge as they're claiming, i kinda hope they clamp down on the number of admittance tickets and make each day ticket-only, otherwise it'll be way beyond insane.

i might be wrong but i think they allready announced that there is a limit placed on attendance this time and a cap on the number of entrance tickets to be sold for each day. sure i read that somewhere from SM.

They have announced that, correct. Also they have announced that there are no pay on the day sales for Saturday at least, possibly for the other days too if sales go well.

But that does not seem to distract some people from worrying.

I think it should be worth thinking that despite SM saying this will be the biggest guest ever (and one other) that it doesn't necessarily mean they will be exorbitantly priced.

Yes, we all got a bit of a shock when MJF was announced with his accompanying price tag, but due to the nature of the guest and the work it will have taken to get him over, you can see why.

I think we were all pleasantly surprised with the price of tickets and autos when Paxton/Gambon were announced (could have been a lot more), so it could be the same again *crosses fingers*

I think it should be worth thinking that despite SM saying this will be the biggest guest ever (and one other) that it doesn't necessarily mean they will be exorbitantly priced.

Yes, we all got a bit of a shock when MJF was announced with his accompanying price tag, but due to the nature of the guest and the work it will have taken to get him over, you can see why.

I think we were all pleasantly surprised with the price of tickets and autos when Paxton/Gambon were announced (could have been a lot more), so it could be the same again *crosses fingers*

Exactly! Think it's unfair to compare to MJF due to the limited signing he is doing... Wouldn't be surprise if we somewhere in the middle of the 2.

That being said if it is someone on arnies scale then it will be more I'm assuming haha

• Like 1

Exactly! Think it's unfair to compare to MJF due to the limited signing he is doing... Wouldn't be surprise if we somewhere in the middle of the 2.

That being said if it is someone on arnies scale then it will be more I'm assuming haha

SM did say before the MJF announcement that he would be a very expensive guest, which they haven't done this time so I'm hoping prices will be reasonable (as I'm not sure how much more abuse my bank balance can take!).
  • Like 3

SM did say before the MJF announcement that he would be a very expensive guest, which they haven't done this time so I'm hoping prices will be reasonable (as I'm not sure how much more abuse my bank balance can take!).

As long as it's not Diamond Pass exclusive I'm cool with that just don't want the additional tat would rather take my chances and just get the auto/photo depending on who it is. Totally get the reasoning on the MJF was happy Paxton/Gambon weren't.

• Like 3

• Showmasters Admin

thank you for seeing that "Pen" it is often forgotten that we do have the lowest real prices for autographs fro guests at our events and we do try to keep them down and that is one part of our negotiation that takes a lot of our time getting the price to a point where its fare and reasonable, thank you for bring this up in a public way and we will keep on activaly try to keep the prices fare and low so everyone can afford to do what they love collect and attend our events , not long now and we are so so excited here , each year we feel this event gets even better , this year is going to be a sell out and a lot of fun see you all soon Jason

• Like 9

thank you for seeing that "Pen" it is often forgotten that we do have the lowest real prices for autographs fro guests at our events and we do try to keep them down and that is one part of our negotiation that takes a lot of our time getting the price to a point where its fare and reasonable, thank you for bring this up in a public way and we will keep on activaly try to keep the prices fare and low so everyone can afford to do what they love collect and attend our events , not long now and we are so so excited here , each year we feel this event gets even better , this year is going to be a sell out and a lot of fun see you all soon Jason

No worries. Just trying to keep things in perspective. Of course I am being a little selfish in hoping that it will be within my price range!

Now, Jason.... any chance of Gigi Edgley :dance:

• Like 1

that's excellent to know so hopefully won't get priced out and hopefully be plenty of tickets on sale 2

Uhm, no, sorry, Jason, but you do not have the lowest real prices for guests. I've got plenty of examples to prove that, so don't try to sell yourself as a cheap event, because that is not your strong point. You do have a very strong selling point though: What you guys DO do is get a unique, not only for the UK, but for all of Europe, line up of guests. THIS is why I like your LFCC event and fly over from the continent for it. Keep that up and I don't even mind spending extra for it. Hope tonights announcements will make me want to spent...

Is it wrong to say that I really hope the bigger guest is someone I wouldn't want to meet desperately? I don't get paid till next Thursday so knowing my luck it will probably be someone I'd kill to meet (not literally of course) like Sir Ian McKellen.

• Like 3

Uhm, no, sorry, Jason, but you do not have the lowest real prices for guests. I've got plenty of examples to prove that, so don't try to sell yourself as a cheap event, because that is not your strong point. You do have a very strong selling point though: What you guys DO do is get a unique, not only for the UK, but for all of Europe, line up of guests. THIS is why I like your LFCC event and fly over from the continent for it. Keep that up and I don't even mind spending extra for it. Hope tonights announcements will make me want to spent...

Well Jason I would just like to say that I think you all do an amazing job. I think the prices you set are very reasonable especially given the calibre of guests you are announcing. I appreciate the hard work you put into the negotiations and understand that you do not fully set the prices as the guest have their input and "cut" of the money taken. I've recently been to an this show Comic Con (sorry for swearing) and can honestly say what a complete shambles, prices for autographs were far too high for the guest and that was if you could get an autograph because the queue was 2 1/2 hrs long to purchase a ticket. And as for the photos, well im still waiting for my photo to turn up after waiting over 1 month... Needless to say I will never attend another one again. As for tonight's guest, well your never going to please everyone, some will love the guest and some wont think he is worth the money etc etc.. You do a fab job and I thoroughly enjoy your comic cons.... Keep up the good work...

• Like 1

Is it wrong to say that I really hope the bigger guest is someone I wouldn't want to meet desperately? I don't get paid till next Thursday so knowing my luck it will probably be someone I'd kill to meet (not literally of course) like Sir Ian McKellen.

Know the feeling I have already paid for other things later this year and I don't think I have the money for this, I'm more worried right now than excited lol luckily I have a limited taste shall we say when it comes to guests so most of the time its someone I don't care about or haven't heard of before lol

I'd really hate it to be Sir Ian I will have to think about what I'm going to do if it was him lol as he is a guest I'd love to meet as I love him in so many films omg SM why do you do this to us lol

• Like 1