MASSIVE Guest Announcement Thursday at 7pm - Clue Added

KingRichard has hit the nail on the head really. No-one *needs* an auto or a photo from a celeb. We might *want* them though. Some celebs cost a fortune to agree to come - that means they'll cost more. Sometimes we won't be able to afford it. Does that mean that we should stop other people from having the opportunity? I'd rather see a guest appear, but cost £500, than have the guest not appear at all. At least then people have the choice. If you can't afford it then you wouldn't have met them using the other option anyway!

Thank you :) An auto/photo is a terrific thing to have/own and I consider it a very fortuitious thing if we ever get to have that opportunity, there are many people I know who just don't get the whole con/meeting people thing and why such a signicifance there is to it.

Back in 2012 after the guest announcement of Gillian Anderson - that was without doubt a watershed moment and indeed a definining moment for Showmasters in getting Gillian at an event, that was a hectic five months of all kinds of planning and this was a massive coup for the X Files fans and (personally) i had to make a lot of financial decisions and this meant writing down the pros and cons of getting the amount of Autographs I did from Gillian (even now people think I was mad spending what I did on her) but for me Gillian was so friggin worth it - I budgeted, kept thinking of how important it was and even now I'm glad I did pay what I paid - it was about the opportunity and having the means to do so.

Also, being a Back to the Future Fan I'm content with having just Kathy Kennedy, Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson on my DVD - yes it would be nice to have Michael J Fox on it but then again it would be nice to have a photoshoot with Robert Englund in full Freddy make up - but neither would mean as much as Gillian did. :)

#Swingsandroundabouts

Sigh. Come on guys, both of you have been on here enough to know that some of these Diamond guests come at that price or they don't come at all. If you can't afford it, that is a shame, but it's then the same for you as if they hadn't come at all. There's no need to keep moaning about this.

I do know this :)

Am not moaning, I'm just saying that a diamond guest wouldn't be out of my price range IF I really wanted him/her but is always nice to have an Auto price which is for those who just want that :)

i don't think anyone was saying we don't WANT a £500 guest, speaking for myself i was simply saying i'd like to know if it was or not so i'd know not to get too excited if it was. if y'all can afford to drop £500/1k etc on a convention, good on you, seriously. i just simply can't justify something like that.

If this was in response to me, I wasn't talking about you Wolfie, sorry. You make a good point that would be useful to some people, but SM do enjoy a good tease and I doubt try will release any info before the announcement.

I was just saying to those who don't like the expense of the Diamond pass that it is these passes that allow SM to afford to bring the big guests in the first place. Big guests want big money and if SM don't pay it and charge us for it, then those guests just won't come. As others have said, it's better that they do come and those that can afford it get to meet them than they don't come and no one does.

• Like 1

KingRichard has hit the nail on the head really. No-one *needs* an auto or a photo from a celeb. We might *want* them though. Some celebs cost a fortune to agree to come - that means they'll cost more. Sometimes we won't be able to afford it. Does that mean that we should stop other people from having the opportunity? I'd rather see a guest appear, but cost £500, than have the guest not appear at all. At least then people have the choice. If you can't afford it then you wouldn't have met them using the other option anyway!

Thank you :) An auto/photo is a terrific thing to have/own and I consider it a very fortuitious thing if we ever get to have that opportunity, there are many people I know who just don't get the whole con/meeting people thing and why such a signicifance there is to it.

Back in 2012 after the guest announcement of Gillian Anderson - that was without doubt a watershed moment and indeed a definining moment for Showmasters in getting Gillian at an event, that was a hectic five months of all kinds of planning and this was a massive coup for the X Files fans and (personally) i had to make a lot of financial decisions and this meant writing down the pros and cons of getting the amount of Autographs I did from Gillian (even now people think I was mad spending what I did on her) but for me Gillian was so friggin worth it - I budgeted, kept thinking of how important it was and even now I'm glad I did pay what I paid - it was about the opportunity and having the means to do so.

Also, being a Back to the Future Fan I'm content with having just Kathy Kennedy, Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson on my DVD - yes it would be nice to have Michael J Fox on it but then again it would be nice to have a photoshoot with Robert Englund in full Freddy make up - but neither would mean as much as Gillian did. :)

#Swingsandroundabouts

Sigh. Come on guys, both of you have been on here enough to know that some of these Diamond guests come at that price or they don't come at all. If you can't afford it, that is a shame, but it's then the same for you as if they hadn't come at all. There's no need to keep moaning about this.

I do know this :)

Am not moaning, I'm just saying that a diamond guest wouldn't be out of my price range IF I really wanted him/her but is always nice to have an Auto price which is for those who just want that :)

Fair enough. The only true Diamond guest (so far) is MJF and he HAS to be limited on autos for health reasons and the Diamond pass allows for this. Otherwise the other diamond guests have a seperate auto price as you are asking for.
  • Like 1

Fair enough. The only true Diamond guest (so far) is MJF and he HAS to be limited on autos for health reasons and the Diamond pass allows for this. Otherwise the other diamond guests have a seperate auto price as you are asking for.

And in my opinion is worth the price for those who wish to meet him (for the obvious reason) and I hope he has a nice time here

• Like 2

my last words on the topic:

if it's "decent priced autos" guest - excellent

if it's Diamond-only guests i'm not interested in - i'm pleased for those who are going for it

if it's a Diamond-only guest i'm a huge fan of - goddammit!

:-D

• Like 5

I am going to go out on a limb here!

Dont shoot me down I know its ridiculous but wouldnt it be great if it was.......

Simon Pegg and Tom Cruise!

I know its a massive long shot but both Pegg and Cruise are very fan friendly and have Mission Impossible 5 to promote.

Cruise would never normally do this sort of thing but in conjuction with a promotional tour he might.

As I say, long long shot but hey I can dream lol

• Like 3

Dont shoot me down I know its ridiculous but wouldnt it be great if it was.......

I know its a massive long shot but both Pegg and Cruise are very fan friendly and have Mission Impossible 5 to promote.

Cruise would never normally do this sort of thing but in conjuction with a promotional tour he might.

Well you never know. The only impossibles would be people who are dead or if there is a specific reason they can't or have categorily said they will NEVER do something like this.

Some are obviously more unlikely but lets face it, most are possible.

• Like 1

You never know it could be Dwayne Johnson aka the rock and someone from San Andreas

Kylie was in San Andreas! ;)

We should be so lucky.

Lucky Lucky Lucky

I'm sorry, couldn't resist!

oh haven't seen the film yet or avengers 2 or Jurassic park either bit behind lol

Well you never know. The only impossibles would be people who are dead or if there is a specific reason they can't or have categorily said they will NEVER do something like this.

Some are obviously more unlikely but lets face it, most are possible.

it would be awesome if they did and arnie too

We're told we have two guests coming...I wonder if they are connected some how or maybe related? For example, Emily and Zoey Dechannel?

Not sure I'd count either of them as a massive guest but I suppose some would.