No Posed Photo

While at Collectormania on Saturday I noticed that a lot of guests have got 'No Posed Photo' which I found disappointing.

I think it would be a good idea to allow posed photos with guests when paying for a autograph for a small extra charge. This would be great for people who don't want to pay for a professional photo shoot.

I never like seeing those dreaded signs, although in some cases they're there for whatever reason etc.

Personally, and this is me speaking, its always nice to get a picture with a guest at the table as that is very much like a memento of the meeting, and theres that sense of familiarity to it, its very informal (not how in my opinion a photoshoot is) plus, I always like taking my own photos (which is why whenever I meet a guest and the assistant kindly asks if they'd like to take the pic I prefer to do it myself) I guess I'm just fastidious like that, in the past I've met people and someone else has taken the photo and for whatever reason its come out blurry in some situations. At least if I take my own pic with someone IF it comes out wrong then I only have myself to blame.

One of the first photoshoots I had back in the day was with a very lovely actress - if I recall I spent about £15 - £20 on that and golly gosh I'm not happy with that pic, the day before I'd got a table pic with her and that is FAR better.

Guess what I'm saying is, that in my opinion photoshoots (apart from the odd circumstance here or there) is something I wouldn't ordinarily opt for

*Just giving my reasoning as to why I prefer posed pics :)

• Like 2

Every guest I met was kind enough to let me have a photo with. Most of the sport guests didn't allow it... Some have suggested that they was there for business, not like the film guests, as they was so lovely and easy to talk too. (I only met 5 film guests, No sports ones cause I am not into sport at all!) I can understand some guests not wanting photos for example, the older guests and some who may have been feeling under the weather or in the past BIG stars like John Barrowman who VT's was going into the 1000's in his first collectormania He had over 1000 people to get through and wouldn't have got through them all if he had to keep getting up for photos or personalising the signings.

I never like seeing those dreaded signs, although in some cases they're there for whatever reason etc.

Personally, and this is me speaking, its always nice to get a picture with a guest at the table as that is very much like a memento of the meeting, and theres that sense of familiarity to it, its very informal (not how in my opinion a photoshoot is) plus, I always like taking my own photos (which is why whenever I meet a guest and the assistant kindly asks if they'd like to take the pic I prefer to do it myself) I guess I'm just fastidious like that, in the past I've met people and someone else has taken the photo and for whatever reason its come out blurry in some situations. At least if I take my own pic with someone IF it comes out wrong then I only have myself to blame.

One of the first photoshoots I had back in the day was with a very lovely actress - if I recall I spent about £15 - £20 on that and golly gosh I'm not happy with that pic, the day before I'd got a table pic with her and that is FAR better.

Guess what I'm saying is, that in my opinion photoshoots (apart from the odd circumstance here or there) is something I wouldn't ordinarily opt for

*Just giving my reasoning as to why I prefer posed pics :)

Agreed I prefer the posed photos at the table as it's more natural and a good memory to have of the guest when getting their autograph.

• Like 1

When a guest has a no posed photos sign, it is always for a good reason.

It could be that, as Avengers7 has said, it tends to hold up the queue. For the busier guests, it could mean that less people get to see them.

For the elderly guests particularly, although this may apply to some of the younger ones too, to keep standing up for photos or even just leaning across the table a bit, can prove very tiring.

It may be that guests will have problems with flash photography. There are some guests who get migraines from flash photography and others have problems with their eyes. The organisers could put up signs saying no flash photography but, unfortunately, not everyone will switch the flash off and you won't know until they actually take the picture.

It could also be that a guest is not feeling well and doesn't feel up to doing the table shots.

I'm sure there are other reasons too but I think those are the main ones.

• Like 1

it comes from their manager/agents... they want make money of course with photoshootings. One of those TWD guest (and I mean not a no-name one = not a big star) has wanted 50 $ for one selfi at the table.

Myself I hate selfis (I never look good :angel: ) so I do ask sometime - some guests are really really nice to do it... but I do understand too for not allowing it.

it comes from their manager/agents... they want make money of course with photoshootings.

Not necessarily.lol

I think it was last year's LFCC or Winter LFCC I asked for an over the table photo (there was no sign up saying 'No Posed Photo) from a Power Rangers guest. She wasn't a big guest, so she didn't have a huge queue.

The Crew member with her (this wasn't new crew) said sorry, but no table photo's allowed (which I'm always fine with if the guest doesn't want too, or they can't due to them being a busy popular guest) & started to put up the 'No Posed Photo's' sign.

The Guest turned to him & said it was fine, she was happy to take photo's at the table, so not to put up the sign.

• Like 1

While at Collectormania on Saturday I noticed that a lot of guests have got 'No Posed Photo' which I found disappointing.

I think it would be a good idea to allow posed photos with guests when paying for a autograph for a small extra charge. This would be great for people who don't want to pay for a professional photo shoot.

All of the media guests I visited (with the exception of William Saddler) did pictures at the table for free. So the idea of suggesting that now we have to pay for it because some don't do posed photos at the table and might because they get paid is horrendous to me.