Guest experiences

i got mightily peeved off with Frankie Kazarian as i paid for and got an auto off Chris daniels, and asked him just to sign it as it was a gift for somebody else (wrestlers pfft,lol) and frankie gave me a dirty look and shouted "bloody ebay" at me !!! disgusting behaviour.

I would have been embarrassed and mortified if that happened to me. some people have mentioned some of the sports guests where just there for business and not as kind as the film/tv guests. Shame really as the public want to have a good experience meeting the sports guests as well as the tv/film guests. I hate sport but eather how, it's not nice. :-(
OMG if that happend to me I would have complained to one of the staff, that's no way to treat a fan, at the end the day when someone pays for an autograph it up to them what they do with it. Has anyone got any experiences with the Dudley boys, devon was not very chatty, after sigining my photo he just turned away and kept talking to the staff next to him

Oh good lord. If any guest did that to me I would probably cry. That's awful. :(

Over the 2 days I met:

Toby Sebastian

Nick Blood

William Sadler

Christine Adams

Chad Coleman

Sam Anderson

Costas Mandylor

Steven Cree

Steven Williams

and had a photo with Gareth David Lloyd

Everyone was so amazing and friendly. I got a little 'camera shy' after a terrible couple of photos of me on Saturday, and decided instead to get just photos of the guests holding the photo they just signed for me (including going back to Toby and Nick who I'd gotten previously that day) and everyone was so nice about me not wanting to be in the photo.

Me and my friend kept missing Samuel somehow, but when we finally caught him, he apologised that he kept missing us, high fived me.

Steven Williams insisted I be in the shot with him, and then I was manhandled into place by Freddy Krueger, which luckily turned out okay.

Costas was amazing, I got an autograph and a photo of him holding my photo and then later came back for a photo with him, and he remembered us (I told him my friend was my camerawoman) and was happy to wait whilst my camera was playing up.

In terms of guest friendliness, this has to be up near the top.

Steven Williams is just an all round friendly guy. The family in front were asking him if he was in Gremlins (he was not) and he was asking their children if they thought he looked like a Gremlin. Happy to chat about his different roles and how much he enjoys working. Had a picture at the table with him, and started the day off nicely.

Anthony Carrigan was next, and despite playing bad guys in Gotham and The Flash, his persona is so different. Had a good chat about Gotham and another photo at the table.

William Sadler, who has been in so many things, was just a genuinely lovely bloke. He said his last convention here was 10 years ago, and that he really wished he had come over more frequently as he was loving it. Talked about Bill & Ted, and a bit about The Flash and how Marvel and DC were really bringing the comic books to a new level, but also how so many series get axed in America (666 Park Avenue) without really giving them a chance.

Costas Mandylor was next on the list and a good chat about the different traps in Saw. Like the sound of one of his new films Bite with Vinnie Jones (although we did get a bit of a spoiler.....). Happy to have a picture with us as well.

Finally, Chad Coleman, who I was probably a bit nervous about meeting after seeing his rant on the tube. No reason to be at all though, as again, a very nice chap who was happy to chat Walking Dead and looking forward to his next series called The Expanse.. Also got a picture with him at the table.

All in all, a really great day.

Sorry but I have to stick up for Kazarian, he's actually a really nice guy and both him and Daniels have strange senses of humour. I've met them a few times and they always make me laugh. Kaz has said he's not a fan who sells autos so maybe he just misunderstood the situation.

The Dudleys were amazing. Bubba was a likeable sod and D'Von was really sweet and chatty. They only flew in Thursday so they were both jetlagged on Saturday.

• Like 1

Every1 i met was so lovely and chatty but Ian Wright left about half hour early and i never met him which upset me but i got a photo with him and he was lovely, anthony joshua is so humble it was sweet, kevin mitchell was very chatty and kind, frank bruno was really nice and was asking me questions about my life and where im from wich was really kool. Eugene simon was so lovely and chatty about thrones and his character we spoke about 5 mins wich was great. I got to speak to william sadler for about 5mins about shawshank redemption wich made my day today! So all in all one of the best cons ive been to in terms of how friendly the guests were they all seemed to genuinly want to be there

i got mightily peeved off with Frankie Kazarian as i paid for and got an auto off Chris daniels, and asked him just to sign it as it was a gift for somebody else (wrestlers pfft,lol) and frankie gave me a dirty look and shouted "bloody ebay" at me !!! disgusting behaviour.

I would have been embarrassed and mortified if that happened to me. some people have mentioned some of the sports guests where just there for business and not as kind as the film/tv guests. Shame really as the public want to have a good experience meeting the sports guests as well as the tv/film guests. I hate sport but eather how, it's not nice. :-(
OMG if that happend to me I would have complained to one of the staff, that's no way to treat a fan, at the end the day when someone pays for an autograph it up to them what they do with it. Has anyone got any experiences with the Dudley boys, devon was not very chatty, after sigining my photo he just turned away and kept talking to the staff next to him

Oh good lord. If any guest did that to me I would probably cry. That's awful. :(

That's really bad thing to say to someone whether he was only joking or not. I don't get my photos personalised but have thankfully never had that sort of response from a guest. And no I don't stick them on eBay lol it's just my own personal choice. If I had been shown up like that I would have felt like giving him the photo back and demanding my money back!

To be honest, I always find my guest experiences are quite short and uneventful as a result of...myself. Whenever it is my turn to talk to a guest, I find I pretty much have nothing to say (it guests rate attendees the same way we would rate them, I would probabaly be considered 'unremarkable'). It's pretty much down to nerves I guess, and I would rather say very little than make myself look a pratt I've nailed small talk down but never actual conversation. So as far as my guest experiences go, everyone seemed nice to meet and smiled etc. but that was asfar as it went. :(

The best would probably be with Alexandra, where getting her autograph at 12:10, rather than saying 'bye' as I left I said 'I'll see you in 10 minutes for photo shoot", and then when I got there (near the end of the queue) and walked up for my shoot, she kind of put her hands on her hips and tilted her head with a "hello again!".

So absolutely complaints about anyone, but nothing exciting either.....

I have had a great time this weekend. Met many fantastic guests, both with my husband whilst he was getting autographs and on my own in the photo shoots. In no particular order I met:

Samuel Anderson,a genuinely nice guy...pretty eyes.

Steven Williams, brilliant guest...got 'double-dipped' ;) in the photo shoot.

Dave Prowse, IS 'Darth Vader'...lovely man.

Ryan Gage, absolute gent...fantastic smile and so polite.

Raymond Griffiths, short of stature but BIG on personality...funny guy.

John Barnes, cheeky sod played with my bra strap in the photo shoot :blush:

Paul Gascoigne, called me 'Love' twice...LEGEND!!!

Ian Wright, thoroughly tidy bloke...Wright Wright Wright!!!

Peter Ebdon, looked very dapper...top bloke.

John Leeson, Affirmative :WAVE:

A few others were Christine Adams, Ellie Haddington, Brennock O'Connor, Art Parkinson, Chad Coleman, Rupert Vansittart, Toby Sebastian and Charlotte Hope, who were all a joy to meet. I'd like to give a special thank you to Steven Cree and Gareth David-Lloyd who allowed me to have a cheeky little photograph :whistling:

I also had a sketch done for me by the artist Lee Townsend who was a joy to meet and was more than happy to oblige my request.

All in all a wonderful weekend :clap:

To be honest, I always find my guest experiences are quite short and uneventful as a result of...myself. Whenever it is my turn to talk to a guest, I find I pretty much have nothing to say (it guests rate attendees the same way we would rate them, I would probabaly be considered 'unremarkable'). It's pretty much down to nerves I guess, and I would rather say very little than make myself look a pratt I've nailed small talk down but never actual conversation. So as far as my guest experiences go, everyone seemed nice to meet and smiled etc. but that was asfar as it went. :(

The best would probably be with Alexandra, where getting her autograph at 12:10, rather than saying 'bye' as I left I said 'I'll see you in 10 minutes for photo shoot", and then when I got there (near the end of the queue) and walked up for my shoot, she kind of put her hands on her hips and tilted her head with a "hello again!".

So absolutely complaints about anyone, but nothing exciting either.....

I find it hard to talk to the guests as i'm really shy person...(I use to be selectively mute when i was in school so its a big step for me) I remember Eve Myles photo shoot and she saw I was nervous and the she got me stupidly dancing to the music before the photo was taken! (Eve is totally bonkers and mad... but i love her for it!) Needles to say I probley looked like an idiot but i did loosen up and feel better for it! Some guests are so lovely sometimes and just get you to relax... even if it does mean looking like a fool dancing to the music with them! :dance::blush:

• Like 1

I'm sort of the same. There was tons of stuff I wanted to say to Costas when I met him (I'm a HUGE Saw fan and could usually talk for hours on end about the various traps and characters, plus Mark Hoffman is my favorite so it was the perfect opportunity). But then he looked right at me, acknowledged my existence, and started to speak-- well, I couldn't very well function correctly from that point onwards. I blame him.

I met Anthony Carrigan, Eugene Simon, Toby Sebastian, Chad Coleman and Nick Blood.

They were all lovely but my stand out guest was definitely Anthony 😍 the most charming and wonderful person I've ever met. Lovely autograph, photo at the table and a nice chat about social media. I very nearly kept my cool..I was totally smitten and star struck before I even got there though!