Guest experiences

So who did people meet this weekend and what was their experience?

I met Alexandra dowling, Chad Coleman, John Barnes, Samuel Anderson and Sylvester McCoy.

Thought Alexandra was lovely. She'd happily chat to you and have a pic with you. Samuel was the same and was quite funny as well.

Chad was really friendly and chatted to him about his visit to the globe. Was also pleased to get more time to speak to Sylvester on his time (I know) as the Dr. Such a friendly man.

John Barnes was a bit hit and miss I felt. Turned up late and in his defence he did try to have a conversation with the person before me who was just being an idiot IMO. So might have put him off lol.

All in all great guest experiences and I think it pays to go early as you get more chance of a table photo, more of a chat etc.

What were others fave guests etc?

Enjoyed meeting Charlotte Hope, seemed genuinely having a good time chatting to people. Boxers were great , Anthony Joshua so nice and Kevin Mitchell is a real fun guy. Photoshoots were actually fun this time with plenty of guests laughing and joking around. Paul Gascoigne is bonkers especially when he's with his mate Ian Wright.! love the banter

Costas Mandylor was an absolute sweetheart. Very friendly and chatty, kept calling me baby and told me my cosplay was his favorite he'd seen all day. He gladly came to pose for a few photos with me and I got a hug from him. Eugene Simon was lovely, too, he instantly recognized my cosplay and took quite an interest in my props and apologized for keeping me waiting (he was being interviewed while I was queueing but I didn't really mind that). Toby Sebastian liked my gun too, he asked if he could have a look at it and was disappointed when it fired it and found it was empty and only made a pitiful small clicking sound rather than a loud bang like he'd hoped xD All very sweet and friendly, all only too happy to take a couple of pictures with me and do some fun poses. Alexandra Dowling was the first guest I met and she was adorable, she was all smiles and was really chatty and bubbly, I wanted to keep her in my pocket and take her home with me. And Charlotte Hope was really sweet, she posed with my sword for a table photo.

First time I've met so many guests at a CMK (granted it's only my 3rd one) and definitely one that's given me many happy memories!

• Like 1

Don't think Gazza actually looked at me once when he signed my picture. Trevor Brooking has to be the nicest person I have met at a convention, he seemed to love to chat about West Ham.

Same for me with Gazza. He barely looked up to see who he has signing for and I was quickly rushed through. He wasn't personalising photos either. Which isn't a problem for me because I prefer it without but it would have been nice to have been asked! Still glad I got to see him though.

So who did people meet this weekend and what was their experience?

I met Alexandra dowling, Chad Coleman, John Barnes, Samuel Anderson and Sylvester McCoy.

Thought Alexandra was lovely. She'd happily chat to you and have a pic with you. Samuel was the same and was quite funny as well.

Chad was really friendly and chatted to him about his visit to the globe. Was also pleased to get more time to speak to Sylvester on his time (I know) as the Dr. Such a friendly man.

John Barnes was a bit hit and miss I felt. Turned up late and in his defence he did try to have a conversation with the person before me who was just being an idiot IMO. So might have put him off lol.

All in all great guest experiences and I think it pays to go early as you get more chance of a table photo, more of a chat etc.

What were others fave guests etc?

John Barnes was funny. While I was waiting in the queue he noticed a lady going past and he tried to chat her up!

I met Ian Wright and he was absolutely brilliant, so funny and really friendly.

Also met Nakia Burrise and Blake Foster from Power Rangers both of whom were great and very friendly.

Also got a hello from Peter Beardsley and a handshake from Stuart Pearce so a good day all round for me.

I only met William Sadler and Nick Blood from Shield..

William Sadler.....AMAZING guy, so funny and very friendly. I had a bill and ted tshirt on with death on it and he said immediately 'wow look at that t shirt, where did you get that" he then said "get down with your bad self" in the accent like in the movie, was so funny and amazing! he then said "i need a picture of that" and got his phone out and took a photo of my tshirt on his phone...that was an amazing moment.

he signed and personalised my photo and also signed and personalised a battleship game for me, for those who have seen bill and ted will know why i took this hehe. i gave him the game to sign and he just laughed and said "oh jesus christ" lol then chuckled as he signed it. He kept going into character and speaking with the foreign accent like he has in bogus journey, it was great.

He was great in the photoshoot too!

Nick Blood - a great guy, really friendly and also very chatty. had a brief chat about filming agents of shield, told me he's looking forward to starting filming season 3 in a couple of weeks and he laughed when i told him i saw the season finale the night before and said how glad i was his character wasnt killed off lol. really nice guy and when asked where i was from i said Hull, but it sounds like 'ull' with our accent and he repeated it in a northern accent haha was so funny. he personalised my photo which was great...TO DAVE FROM 'ULL'

great guest experiences, not a great show overall but on the guest side the ones i met where great.

Edited by teabelly83

you had great cosplay as babydoll, i got a snap of you earlier in the day, i saw costas checking you out as you walked past haha, you did look great though...lol. :wub:

Costas Mandylor was an absolute sweetheart. Very friendly and chatty, kept calling me baby and told me my cosplay was his favorite he'd seen all day. He gladly came to pose for a few photos with me and I got a hug from him. Eugene Simon was lovely, too, he instantly recognized my cosplay and took quite an interest in my props and apologized for keeping me waiting (he was being interviewed while I was queueing but I didn't really mind that). Toby Sebastian liked my gun too, he asked if he could have a look at it and was disappointed when it fired it and found it was empty and only made a pitiful small clicking sound rather than a loud bang like he'd hoped xD All very sweet and friendly, all only too happy to take a couple of pictures with me and do some fun poses. Alexandra Dowling was the first guest I met and she was adorable, she was all smiles and was really chatty and bubbly, I wanted to keep her in my pocket and take her home with me. And Charlotte Hope was really sweet, she posed with my sword for a table photo.

First time I've met so many guests at a CMK (granted it's only my 3rd one) and definitely one that's given me many happy memories!

Christine Adams was so nice and was happy to answer some questions I had for her. She was happy to have a picture. 10/10

Alexandra Dowling was really sweet and so kind, even asked if I wanted her character name put on the picture. 10/10

Samuel Anderson was very nice to talk to and he had a lot of time for everyone he met. He even asked me if I was from his neck of the woods (Samuel's from Birmingham and I'm from The Black Country.) Loved his little drawing he did on my picture. :smile: 10/10

Rupert Vansittart was funny and really nice, also was happy to answer my question. 10/10

Art Parkinson was so kind and his Mum, she also asked me some questions and Art well was so sweet. 10/10

Toby Sebastian was nice. 8/10

Charlotte Hope is not her character at all in GoT, she is so sweet and even liked my name as her sister is called Emily. 10/10

Eugene Simon was the most nicest person I have met and answered my questions. After having my picture with him, he give me a hug and shook my hand. 10/10

Edited by Em93
  • Like 1

Everyone I met was great, but the stand-outs were Christine Adams, who was nice and chatty and remembered me from a Saturday autograph when I turned up for her Sunday photoshoot, and Steven Williams, who was just brilliant, especially in his photoshoot, where he got to dip one lucky volunteer, much to the amusement of us bystanders. Unfortunately I turned up for the latter's auto when some poor guy was collecting masses of autos including loads of detailed quotes for his friend and let me jump in halfway through, so didn't have a chance to tell him how much of a fan I was (since 21 Jump St!), but he still managed to thank me in such a way as to make me feel as though my appearance at his table was the most important part of his day. Lovely.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

I had a photoshoot with Carl froch and waited til they had finished and managed to chat to him for 10 mins before he went back to sign autographs. He is so lovely and had a good chat about boxing with him, told him I thought George groves was a bit of a knob and he burst out laughing and he said he loved my leather jacket. I then got another hug and a kiss. So glad I met him :-)

Christine Adams was so nice and was happy to answer some questions I had for her. She was happy to have a picture. 10/10

Alexandra Dowling was really sweet and so kind, even asked if I wanted her character name put on the picture. 10/10

Samuel Anderson was very nice to talk to and he had a lot of time for everyone he met. He even asked me if I was from his neck of the woods (Samuel's from Birmingham and I'm from The Black Country.) Loved his little drawing he did on my picture. :smile: 10/10

Rupert Vansittart was funny and really nice, also was happy to answer my question. 10/10

Art Parkinson was so kind and his Mum, she also asked me some questions and Art well was so sweet. 10/10

Toby Sebastian was nice. 8/10

Charlotte Hope is not her character at all in GoT, she is so sweet and even liked my name as her sister is called Emily. 10/10

Eugene Simon was the most nicest person I have met and answered my questions. After having my picture with him, he give me a hug and shook my hand. 10/10

I agree about Eugene, he was very lively and chatty and I got a hug, too.

• Like 1

Samuel Anderson

Christine Adams
Rupert Vansittart

Gareth David-Lloyd

Ellie Haddington

well what can I say, they was all very Lovely, all happy to talk and have a photo at the desk! :thumbup: Gareth was a little quiet but I think that's just his nature (without the Barrowman around :P )

Travelled up mainly to meet Ryan Gage, who was so, so lovely! He said my sister and I's Rochefort and Constance cosplays were awesome, laughed when I jokingly asked him for Musketeers season 3 spoilers and gave me a hug in the photoshoot! Also, Steven Williams was brilliant, Eugene Simon was very friendly and Mike Edmonds (the impulse purchase of the day) was amazing too!

Had a really great day!

i got mightily peeved off with Frankie Kazarian as i paid for and got an auto off Chris daniels, and asked him just to sign it as it was a gift for somebody else (wrestlers pfft,lol) and frankie gave me a dirty look and shouted "bloody ebay" at me !!! disgusting behaviour.

Everyone I met was lovely, but the stand-outs were Christine Adams, who was nice and chatty and remembered me from a Saturday autograph when I turned up for her Sunday photoshoot, and Steven Williams, who was just brilliant, especially in his photoshoot, where he got to dip one lucky volunteer, much to the amusement of us bystanders. Unfortunately I turned up for the latter's auto when some poor guy was collecting masses of autos including loads of detailed quotes for his friend and let me jump in halfway through, so didn't have a chance to tell him how much of a fan I was (since 21 Jump St!), but he still managed to thank me in such a way as to make me feel as though my appearance at his table was the most important part of his day. Lovely.

I was one of the 2 lucky gals to be 'dipped' by Steven today. I accidentally stepped on his foot, but being the true gentleman he obviously is he made a special effort to come over and ask if he had hurt my back immediately after the shoot. I had a lovely little chat and a hug from him. Truly memorable experience from a fantastic guy :clap: !!!

• Like 1

i got mightily peeved off with Frankie Kazarian as i paid for and got an auto off Chris daniels, and asked him just to sign it as it was a gift for somebody else (wrestlers pfft,lol) and frankie gave me a dirty look and shouted "bloody ebay" at me !!! disgusting behaviour.

I would have been embarrassed and mortified if that happened to me. some people have mentioned some of the sports guests where just there for business and not as kind as the film/tv guests. Shame really as the public want to have a good experience meeting the sports guests as well as the tv/film guests. I hate sport but eather how, it's not nice. :-(

I would have been embarrassed and mortified if that happened to me. some people have mentioned some of the sports guests where just there for business and not as kind as the film/tv guests. Shame really as the public want to have a good experience meeting the sports guests as well as the tv/film guests. I hate sport but eather how, it's not nice. :-(

OMG if that happend to me I would have complained to one of the staff, that's no way to treat a fan, at the end the day when someone pays for an autograph it up to them what they do with it. Has anyone got any experiences with the Dudley boys, devon was not very chatty, after sigining my photo he just turned away and kept talking to the staff next to him