• He was Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes
  • He was Death
  • He was Lucifer
  • He was Count Dooku
  • He was Saruman
  • He was Lord Summerisle
  • He recorded a heavy metal concept album about Charlemagne
  • He hunted Nazis during WWII
  • He was part of a secret agent unit called The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare
  • When told by Peter Jackson to imagine how a man being stabbed in the back sounds, he told him he didn't have to imagine it.
  • He's fluent in English, Italian, French, German and Spanish.
  • He's moderately proficient in Swedish, Russian and Greek, and conversational in Madarin Chinese.

A true legend and amazing man!

• Like 4

I heard this while at work today. Utterly devastated :( I remember thinking, on his 93rd birthday a couple of weeks ago, how gutted I'd be when he died because 93 is quite steep.... never at all imagined it would be so soon though. Absolutely awful news. RIP Sir Christopher Lee. </3

• Like 1

I remember over 20 years ago seeing him in Forbidden Planet for a book signing and I never heard anyone speak with such prestine english like him.

'Acting legend' is not a high enough compliment. RIP :(

Edited by andyfilm_1
  • Like 2

When I imagine we only discussed the possibility of him attending a SM show a couple of days ago. So sad :(

Realisticly it wasn't going to happen at this stage....I knew something was up when he didn't post YT video last x-mas which he did 3 yrs in a row , 2011-13.

He had a hell of a life so I'm more happy than sad if that makes sence , due to him living his life to the max......besides he will never really die as he will live on in films forever and ever.

We should all be so lucky as he was !

Edited by 007 spells Bond
  • Like 3

When I imagine we only discussed the possibility of him attending a SM show a couple of days ago. So sad :(

Realisticly it wasn't going to happen at this stage....I knew something was up when he didn't post YT video last x-mas which he did 3 yrs in a row , 2011-13.

He had a hell of a life so I'm more happy than sad if that makes sence , due to him living his life to the max......besides he will never really die as he will live on in films forever and ever.

We should all be so lucky as he was !

That he sure did. 93 is not a bad age to go, to be fair. And he was still very active in what he did. In my mind he was immortal. God bless.