Some tricks to spend a good event ?

Hi everybody !

My fiancée and I will come from France (and that's why i beg you pardon for my really bad english) for our very first Comic Con, and we are very nervous cause we don't want to miss anything.

Do you have some tricks to give for get the best first experience ?

And by the way, another question...

We are interested in a lot of guests, and we don't really know how to book the tickets for the photoshoots : we normally come saturday and sunday and we are afraid of , for exemple , book too many photoshoots for the saturday (or sunday) and don't have time to see everybody ... We have read on the forum that the queue may be very long and we really panic...

We also have read that the photoshoots planning will be online around one week before, but we are afraid that there will be no more photoshoots for some guests interesting for us (i am already depressed cause Charles Dance is sold out :/)

For the moment, we don't have bought any photoshoot (instead MJF for sunday batch 1)...

If anyone can help us , or can give us some advice, we'll be very grateful !!

Thanks in advance

Alexxx & Nat

1) If you know what guests you would like to have your photo with and have the money to pre-order, I suggest you do so (you have to pre-order your entry tickets anyway, so might as well order some photoshoots while you're at it). Most photoshoots will probably not sell out, but some of the busier guests might and it's better to be safe than sorry. Do not worry about photoshoots happening at the same time because the staff is very helpful. If you have any that clashes just let the staff know and they will help you get through one quicker so that you can make the other in time (they will also help you figure out which shoot you should head to first).

2) I'm a little unsure whether you're talking about finding time to get autographs from all the guests you want to meet or if this is still about the photoshoots. When it comes to autographs the key is to show up early before the doors officially open (the usual recommendation is roughly about an hour before the doors open so you don't end up at the very far end of the queue), and then head straight to the back of the venue to where the autograph area is. For guests they anticipate will be busy there will be staff standing there handing out virtual queue tickets for the individual guest queues. These tickets will give you the opportunity to enter the queue later in the day when you have time to do so, just check in every now and then to see if they have reached your number or not.

3) As for queues, there is a new system in place for this event since they are no longer making it an option to buy entry tickets at the door. That is probably where most of the horror stories regarding queueing stems from. When you arrive, do not panic at the sight of the queue outside as it doesn't really take that long to get into the venue with a pre-bought ticket. The photoshoot queues can be long, but they move really quickly once the photosession starts. The autograph queues are managed with virtual tickets as I've already mentioned and the actual queues to the guests are held fairly short. The open queues vary more as they can be busy sometimes and non-existent at other times. The queue that can get long and time consuming is the one for the sales desk (another reason to pre-order most shoots, talks, etc).

I really don't know what you mean by "tricks". Everyone has their own special recipes, but what works for yourself may not work for others at all.

Pre-ordering tickets will certainly help you enhance your experience. How many photos were you thinking of doing? The more photos the busier you'll be of course. Yes, it's also going to be a general very busy event. But there's no need to panic if you plan ahead a little.

firstly, i'll just say your English is far better than my French!

my tips would be;

- check what days your guests are there. and try to work around that - ie, if Guest A is there fri/sat/sun and Guest B is there sat/sun, try and see Guest A on friday and use Sat/Sunday time for Guest B

- the VQ tickets worked well the last times i've been, so don't worry unduly about not getting to see a guest, just try and turn up at a reasonable time and get all the tickets you need; you can always try again the next day (as above, try and get to someone if you know it's their last day)

- wear decent walking shoes!

Below are a few tips that I try to follow my self at the shows.

Go to the guest area first thing and get all the VQ tickets you need, this makes the rest of the day a lot easier to plan.

Bring food and drink with you if possible due to queues and cost.

There is normally not a lot of seating so use the free talks for a bit of a rest .

If you are buying photo shoots then do so before the show if possible due to the queues on the day and the chance of them selling out.

Make sure you know where the different shoot areas are and what time you need to be at each.

Take some sort of storage folder / binder for your photos to protect them on the ay home.

Try to bring enough cash that your ill need as cash machines can be hard to find.

• Like 1

Below are a few tips that I try to follow my self at the shows.

Go to the guest area first thing and get all the VQ tickets you need, this makes the rest of the day a lot easier to plan.

Bring food and drink with you if possible due to queues and cost.

There is normally not a lot of seating so use the free talks for a bit of a rest .

If you are buying photo shoots then do so before the show if possible due to the queues on the day and the chance of them selling out.

Make sure you know where the different shoot areas are and what time you need to be at each.

Take some sort of storage folder / binder for your photos to protect them on the ay home.

Try to bring enough cash that your ill need as cash machines can be hard to find.

Everything that Alric said but if you are using your phone to take pictures I would recommend getting a portable charger with you. Also, you may be using your phone a lot for the scanning of etickets and the last thing you want is it to die on you! There are good deals for them on Amazon. I can't recommend them enough :)
  • Like 1

Pour les photos:

-achete les photoshoots que vous voulez avant de venir, la queue pr les acheter sur place est souvent tres longue et c est pas drole de commencer la journee par faire la queue pr acheter des tickets .

- a peu pres une semaine avant la LFCC il posteront le planing des photoshoot. verifie que certains ne clash pas et prevoyez votre emplois du tps en fonction. ils appellent les gens ds l ordre (mais c est la premiere fois avec les tickets electroniques dc y aura pe etre des couac) si vous avez des clashs , allez au 1er photoshoot prevu et parler au volontaires qui s occupe de la cession il vous feront passer devant :) .

- si le samedi vous vous apercevez vous voulez d autre photoshoot pr le dimanche, aller faire la queue avant de partir pr le lendemain.

les photos shoot se passent tres vite, meme si les queues peuvent etre impressionnante c est juste "pose, souris, suivant ".

Pour les autographes

-faites une liste des invités que vous voulez voir tous les 2 pour les autographes, regarde les prix et prevoyer le budget en espece parce qu il faut ressortir pour un distributeur de billet ou faire la queue pr payer par carte .

-si y en a que vous ne voulez absolument pas manquer aller direct les voir . les invités les plus populaire fonctionne avec les virtual ticket -un post it avec numero et ils appellent par numero pr y aller- comme ca tu n as pas a faire la queue pendant des heures pour une personne. mon conseil prenez les tickets le matin et apres c est plus relax. y a plus qu a verifier quand c est votre tour

Si vous ecoutez bien y a pas mal de Francais ou Francophones aussi.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just curious how many autographs can you fit in a day without a gold pass

I've done very few shows without a gold pass, there is one show which I attended for a day and managed 13, I know someone who has managed a lot more than that.

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1

Just curious how many autographs can you fit in a day without a gold pass

If you're really good at planning things, there are few things you cannot achieve. My record is 14 in a day (on a day where I also had 11 photoshoots, a couple that I even bought on the day, so factor in the time at the sales desk). Everyone I told I was aiming to do this just gave me an incredulous look and told me "good luck". However, I don't recommend doing what I did, cause it was for the main part a marathon of queueing. The vital part is getting the VQs for all the guests you think you will get autographs from that day, and while you're waiting for those to reach your number and don't have anything else going on, prioritise any guests that don't have VQs.

• Like 1

Hi everybody !

My fiancée and I will come from France (and that's why i beg you pardon for my really bad english) for our very first Comic Con, and we are very nervous cause we don't want to miss anything.

Do you have some tricks to give for get the best first experience ?

And by the way, another question...

We are interested in a lot of guests, and we don't really know how to book the tickets for the photoshoots : we normally come saturday and sunday and we are afraid of , for exemple , book too many photoshoots for the saturday (or sunday) and don't have time to see everybody ... We have read on the forum that the queue may be very long and we really panic...

We also have read that the photoshoots planning will be online around one week before, but we are afraid that there will be no more photoshoots for some guests interesting for us (i am already depressed cause Charles Dance is sold out :/)

For the moment, we don't have bought any photoshoot (instead MJF for sunday batch 1)...

If anyone can help us , or can give us some advice, we'll be very grateful !!

Thanks in advance

Alexxx & Nat

Pull a Rabbit out of a hat

Edited by jester
  • Like 1