Arrival time?

I'm absolutely with you on the situation being different now. Still this is no reason to scare attendees (and again we have a lot of new ones) by claiming things that never happened before.

If someone believes a claim that a large number of people regularly pulled an allnighter in the old situation that could easily lead to 500 people doing it now because they're worried it will only be worse now - when in fact as hanoigrillo said a handful of people have done it, once.

I agree with you Queen as I myself will be a first time attendee and with reading some of the posts I was a little worried with the amount of people saying about large numbers and people needing to be there really early. I was getting a little put off by it and thinking that it will be a long wait getting in as I only have a standard entry ticket and was worried about missing some of the photo shoots if they where early and I wouldn't have got in to the building in time for them. I am staying close enough as im in the Hilton

• Like 1

I'm absolutely with you on the situation being different now. Still this is no reason to scare attendees (and again we have a lot of new ones) by claiming things that never happened before.

If someone believes a claim that a large number of people regularly pulled an allnighter in the old situation that could easily lead to 500 people doing it now because they're worried it will only be worse now - when in fact as hanoigrillo said a handful of people have done it, once.

I agree with you Queen as I myself will be a first time attendee and with reading some of the posts I was a little worried with the amount of people saying about large numbers and people needing to be there really early. I was getting a little put off by it and thinking that it will be a long wait getting in as I only have a standard entry ticket and was worried about missing some of the photo shoots if they where early and I wouldn't have got in to the building in time for them. I am staying close enough as im in the Hilton

There is only one entry time right now anyway. That is one of the things that keeps getting lost with people bringing up stuff that happened in the year before.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Q, yeah im going to be there all weekend and have no reason to leave early sat or sunday, so i will be around all day. if i can get a VT for weaver and paxton soon as i can then ill be relieved but again id be staying all day anyway as i have other shoots that day

Okay so looking at getting an autograph from bill paxton and sigourney weaver with her recent announement, if i got to the venue at around 7am would i have a decent chance at getting a Virtual tkt for their autograph line :)

I've said it in Sigourney's announcement topic a couple of times already: be there at a decent time, go straight to get the VT. If you are prepared to hang around all day I don't see a problem.

Last year we got there for 6/6.30. There were only a few of us there. But we only go so early because one of the guys we go with likes to get a first look at the anime stalls. We will probably do the same again this year but I don't think anyone needs to worry. Especially with the pre-paid entry tickets only :)

An hour before opening has always served us well. Once the queues start moving you're in pretty quickly, it's just then a matter of brisk walk to get VQ tickets.

This year with only two queues it should be much much easier first thing.

As this is the first year me and my husband will only be attending on the Sunday, I think we will be aiming to get there for 7am. We have only got to come from Heathrow as we are staying overnight there. I am not cosplaying this year, so will not need to be up to early. My husband is though, but his Captain America stuff is very easy and quick to get on.

We'll be eating breakfast whilst waiting in the queue :thumbup:

Well im going friday so will be aiming for around 12-12.30 so i can pick up my gold pass, only got 2 shoots friday so hopefully they will be happening a little while after getting in giving me chance to skope the place out.

Saturday, even with a gold pass im looking at getting there around 8am ish, should be a nice time to get in the gold queue, not too early either like some regular passes intend to get there.

• Like 1

This thread has made me feel much more confident that I can get what I want from the weekend. Will be arriving between 7:30 and 8am on both Saturday and Sunday with standard entry, aiming for VQ tickets for Sigourney, Chris Lloyd and Bill Paxton. And I'll be organised with map and all, moving about the con with military efficiency. My girlfriend is so going to hate it.

• Like 2

Going to turn up about 2ish on Friday to get a few autographs and scope out the layout for the mad rush on Saturday ;)

Time I turn up on Saturday well I'm a early bird due to my job so probably early but that's mainly to get hayley atwell's autograph cause I think she's gunna be busy all day

Edited by rocky_on_vhs
  • Like 2

Hi all I'm travelling down from Ipswich on the Saturday morning i can't leave mine till about 6.30am as i need to wait for my dog sitter , so i reckon ill get there for somewhere between 8.30-9.00 iv paid to park at the Olympia which cost a mint! But at least I'm right there, but I'm guessing ill be hitting the entry line at peak time?

Nice to see another native from Ipswich on here! Lol.

You'll probably the the queue at peak time however by all accounts it shouldn't take too long to get in.

Hi all I'm travelling down from Ipswich on the Saturday morning i can't leave mine till about 6.30am as i need to wait for my dog sitter , so i reckon ill get there for somewhere between 8.30-9.00 iv paid to park at the Olympia which cost a mint! But at least I'm right there, but I'm guessing ill be hitting the entry line at peak time?

Nice to see another native from Ipswich on here! Lol.

You'll probably the the queue at peak time however by all accounts it shouldn't take too long to get in.

Hey nice to know I'm not the only one travelling from Ipswich lol

Thanks for that its my first con so was slightly worried about stuck outside for hours! Sounds like sm are top of things though with pre Order entry only

11.30 on the friday with a gold pass mate?? didnt think you'd need to be there that early lol. im picking my gold up friday too but wasnt going to get there until at least 12ish

What time with a goldpass ?

I'm a good pass holder and I'm aiming for 11:30, but that's just me.

• Moderators

11.30 on the friday with a gold pass mate?? didnt think you'd need to be there that early lol. im picking my gold up friday too but wasnt going to get there until at least 12ish

You don't really but by the time I get in to Euston and then over to Kensington I just thought this year I'd get straight to the venue, Friday is going to be an autograph mission for me this year.

• Like 1

Have been going to this since it was at wembley lfcc 2 I think with yaphett Kotto and burt Reynolds

Always got there for 8am always got what I needed. No issues at all can't be doing standing outside for more than an hour.

Interested in how it will all flow this year. I have my diamond for miss weaver so I'm not to fussed about the speed of things

• Like 1

Yeah me too mate, i plan to hopefully get most of the autographs i want on friday, i.e sherilyn fenn, kelly hu, james remar, chris lloyd etc etc, if i can get most of them done then ill have more time for getting weaver and paxton on sat hopefully and also be able to fit in some talks inbetween my photoshoots sat and sun :)

You don't really but by the time I get in to Euston and then over to Kensington I just thought this year I'd get straight to the venue, Friday is going to be an autograph mission for me this year.

Edited by teabelly83

would love it if they could get burt reynolds over. would love a signed picture from him :)

Have been going to this since it was at wembley lfcc 2 I think with yaphett Kotto and burt Reynolds
Always got there for 8am always got what I needed. No issues at all can't be doing standing outside for more than an hour.
Interested in how it will all flow this year. I have my diamond for miss weaver so I'm not to fussed about the speed of things