Forum Meet Up - Saturday 18th July

Might need to ask the barman for a bucket of ice to put my feet in lol ;)

This was actually my only concern about doing a meet up after the show, I remember last year on the Saturday I wanted nothing more than to lie in my bed for the rest of the evening my feet were killing me
Just make sure you make good use of the gold pass room if you get the chance!

That room is a godsend!!!

(Particularly when well stocked with sweets and crisps)

:o I never knew such a place existed. The perks of a gold pass ay :dance:

Indeed, it's just a nice little room with a few chairs, a drinks dispenser some sweets and crisps and most importantly tucked away from the madness

I'll certainly be in the gold pass room over the weekend. Noticed gold passes are available again in the shop, how many do they sell?

SM never reveal how many passes are sold, last year it felt like there was a few to many or at least a lot more than previous years, saying that there was comic gold and silver last year as well.

It just seems like a lot have been sold and was surprised when even more were released. However, I'm probably worrying over nothing :P

Might need to ask the barman for a bucket of ice to put my feet in lol ;)

This was actually my only concern about doing a meet up after the show, I remember last year on the Saturday I wanted nothing more than to lie in my bed for the rest of the evening my feet were killing me
Just make sure you make good use of the gold pass room if you get the chance!

That room is a godsend!!!

(Particularly when well stocked with sweets and crisps)

:o I never knew such a place existed. The perks of a gold pass ay :dance:

Indeed, it's just a nice little room with a few chairs, a drinks dispenser some sweets and crisps and most importantly tucked away from the madness

I'll certainly be in the gold pass room over the weekend. Noticed gold passes are available again in the shop, how many do they sell?

SM never reveal how many passes are sold, last year it felt like there was a few to many or at least a lot more than previous years, saying that there was comic gold and silver last year as well.

It just seems like a lot have been sold and was surprised when even more were released. However, I'm probably worrying over nothing :P

yes I'm surprised too, I think last the year the final sold out was really early, but this year they are coming and coming, but I think it is as you say Vicky, we maybe worry too much :)

The Crown and Sceptre would probably be a good bet. It's a decent size and close by.

How big is this place again??

The description mentions an expansive drinking area, and its recommended by Olympia itself. I would imagine its fairly decently sized, but having never been there I couldn't tell you exactly

• Moderators

The Crown and Sceptre would probably be a good bet. It's a decent size and close by.

How big is this place again??

The description mentions an expansive drinking area, and its recommended by Olympia itself. I would imagine its fairly decently sized, but having never been there I couldn't tell you exactly

Ahh ok I'm sure it'll be fine

Hi I am kinda new to this forum - only been a member for about a year. I am coming on my own to LFCC so was a bit stuck for things to do on the Saturday night - It would be great to meet up at the pub and unwind after what will probably be a very hectic day! So hope to see some of you there. I have also got a gold pass so might bump into some of you in the gold pass room!

• Like 5

How should we organize that meeting on saturday, should we reserve a table somehow, check exactly how many people are willing to come etc, because I think if we are heading to the Pub after the con it´s probably crowded...
I´d really like to help to organize with you guys but as I am someone who lives abroad, it´s mabe not so easy to help organizing, but of course I´m willing to help you guys, in any way I could.

How should we organize that meeting on saturday, should we reserve a table somehow, check exactly how many people are willing to come etc, because I think if we are heading to the Pub after the con it´s probably crowded...

I´d really like to help to organize with you guys but as I am someone who lives abroad, it´s mabe not so easy to help organizing, but of course I´m willing to help you guys, in any way I could.

I'll get on to the pub and see if we can reserve an area

• Like 1

Nice one! 👍

• Like 1

Pirate I shall offer you a glas of rum for doing this work for us ;) ( PS I´m actually having a Captain Coke right now XD )

And now I shall quote WrongName , nice one :clap:

• Like 1

are we going to meet up there or just somewhere in olympia? i am going alone and i don't know the neighbourhood and i would love to meet up somewhere there. how we recognize each other? besides the fact that some of us may still be in cosplay.

I imagine we just meet up at the pub. Have a look online for directions, I don't know the area either but it sounds like it's quite close. Costumes will help, although I'm willing to bet there will be many other con goers in there who aren't part of the forum meet up. All I can say is that I look like my avatar pic on here as it is a pic of me! Or we can try the old movie trick of everyone wearing a red carnation or something?!

• Moderators

are we going to meet up there or just somewhere in olympia? i am going alone and i don't know the neighbourhood and i would love to meet up somewhere there. how we recognize each other? besides the fact that some of us may still be in cosplay.

I imagine we just meet up at the pub. Have a look online for directions, I don't know the area either but it sounds like it's quite close. Costumes will help, although I'm willing to bet there will be many other con goers in there who aren't part of the forum meet up. All I can say is that I look like my avatar pic on here as it is a pic of me! Or we can try the old movie trick of everyone wearing a red carnation or something?!

The pub is really close looking on maps, I'm going alone as well and look as per my avatar pic as well lol

That's great pirate. We will drop our cosplay stuff back at the hotel and then head over. Rory, the pub is only 5 mins walk from the venue, will you be going straight there?

yup. i am coming from Redhill and I will be travelling every day so i will be in cosplay and going straight there.