Latest Comic Guest Announcement - Andrew Wildman

• Showmasters Admin

Latest Comic Guest Announcement - Andrew Wildman

Attending: Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Artist: Transformers; 2000 AD; Felicia Hardy: The Black Cat; G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
Like so many other British artists of his generation, Andrew Wildman began his professional career in the pages of 2000 AD; in 1987’s Prog 539. Within a year he’d migrated to Marvel UK where he contributed to such titles as Real Ghostbusters, Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers, Incredible Hulk Presents and Slimer but it was on Transformers that he was to really make his mark.
His initial three-year association with the comicbook adventures of Hasbro’s Robots in Disguise continued until 1992 and included a run on the US version of the title. Transformers subsequently became a constant thread throughout his career.
He reunited with acclaimed Transformers writer Simon Furman for Transformers: Regeneration, a 2012 IDW series that continued and wrapped up the story left unfinished when Marvel (US) cancelled its Transformers comic in 1991. It concluded in 2014.
Wildman includes Felicia Hardy: The Black Cat, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, Mission: Impossible, Venom: Carnage Unleashed and X-Men Adventures among his many credits.
The artist, who made his US debut in 1989 with G.I. Joe European Missions #10, is the founder of Draw the World Together, a charity that raises funds to benefit street children around the world and create healthcare and education possibilities. Frontier, a strip he drew in 2009 for the now-defunct DFC was collected in a hardcover edition subtitled Dealing with Demons by Print Media Productions in 2012.
These days Wildman spends much of his time working in television and on computer games.
prime_colour_low.jpg