Guest Cancellation - Derek Jacobi

• Showmasters Admin

Due to late minute filming commitments. Derek Jacobi is no longer able to appear at Collectormania.

We hope to reschedule his appearance. to another show soon.
Anyone with a photoshoot will be refunded as soon as possible

And so it beginneth, the cancellations... With just over a week to go I'm hoping the three Guests I wanna meet remain so.

Feel very bad for those wanting to meet Derek :(

• Like 1

:(:( Makes me sad, but gotta just accept it, these things happen.

It's starting to look like that CMMK is becoming a sports convention.. All those talks about a new venue inside the stadium and how they are improving things, well, haven't seen much improvement so far.

• Like 3

Very disappointing. He and Flemyng were my reason for coming on saturday, both cancelled. Had I know I would've gone on sunday for the Musketeers guests. It happens, I know. But it's a shame because last year Milton Keynes was one of the best events for me, I had about 15 guests I had to meet. This years it seems to be the weakest convention I've attended yet. Still, some good names :)

• Like 2

Very disappointed - hotel booked, day booked, photoshoots booked - 3 refunds and counting :grump:

I am with you on this one. Does seem like nothing is going our way media guests wise this year? It happens but it is hugely disappointing

• Like 3

With all the cancelations so far, less guests than last year and the event is now only once a year. I'm starting to think is Milton Keynes event coming to an end, I hope not, it's a bit of a long shot but I am preying now that last minute annoucements going to happen

• Like 4

With all the cancelations so far, less guests than last year and the event is now only once a year. I'm starting to think is Milton Keynes event coming to an end, I hope not, it's a bit of a long shot but I am preying now that last minute annoucements going to happen

Totally agree, two on the bounce (CM:MK 22 + 23 = ?)

So first it was Carice Van Houten and now Derek Jacobi. So the two people who convinced me I should travel 300+ miles south from Scotland for this year's convention are no longer going to be there. This is not the first time it has happened in the time I have been coming either. Will now think seriously about whether to bother in future. While I understand all the reasons about changing schedules for those concerned, it is still really disappointing when it happens.

• Like 2

Disappointed... bit of a poor show now and now only 3 guests I want to meet.. But you can't help if a guest cancels I suppose. :( I hope you get him back for another MILTON KENYES one.

• Like 1

Gotta repeat what alot of you guys have said already, its disappointing, not personally a guest i wanted to meet but all the same it feels awful when you see that cancellation title when it turns out to be a guest your wanting to see.

Im only going for 2 guests this time, William sadler and nick blood...if they cancel then ill be so gutted, granted we enjoy the day with looking over the stalls and stuff, buying some cool collectibles but if they cancel last minute it will make me think about bothering to go an just save the money for lfcc.

More movie and tv guests are needed though for this, as many have said, this is one seems more like a sports convention goin by the current line up. theres no real stand out guests from movies..other then william sadler for me personally.

Edited by teabelly83
  • Like 3

Quote from Jason from last November: (I noticed especially the parts that I bolded myself)

Looking into the future we still have a place for this our first big event for many years to come and like the past things are going to change a little to help keep it interesting and fun for everyone.

We know you like us love this event and now that the venue is near complete and so useful we can now do more that we have not been able to do before its so useful for housing big guests and moving forward this is what we still plan to do.

We are going to add more things to the show in 2015 and offer talks with the guests like we do at the other events we run and also after this weekends success with the Gaming Zone we will be offering this again to the attendees.

Next Summers event will be using the concourse for guests as well as locating some in the main hall with a talk stage.

We will still be running free busses for you all to get to and from the show easier.

We do have increased costs in running the show with the new hall and the added activities like the talks stage and gaming zone so we plan to introduce a early bird fee for the beginning of each day to help cover these extra costs. it will be lower than the standard entry costs for our other events and be around £5 per person from 9am to 11am on Sat and 9am to 10am on Sun. this should help to cover some of our increased costs to put on the show.

We feel that this will help to grow the show again when it has had to be on hold till the venue was finished and this will help to provide you all with a better event and we can offer the fans at CMMK much more and in doing the early bird tickets this will cover the costs and we will be able to offer what you some of the things you get at our other shows around the UK.

These actions will unleash a better and improved Collectormania for many years to come.

I am really hoping that they were talking about 2016..... after all, I can't really see any of these promises being kept, at least what comes to this year.

I love CMMK and I would hate to see it come to an average, mostly sports focused, event.

• Like 2

On the plus side, this event is now getting really cheap for me, and I only have to come on Saturday....

All the time is going into LFCC now where more money is made - I doubt this will still be going in two years' time :-(

• Like 1

Well, it is better to take the Showmasters announcements with a grain of salt sometimes. There have been other announcements that never went into effect (like inviting more voice actors, saying the two they invited were so succesful we could be expecting more). I have the impression that maybe they just have taken on too many events, but that could just be me.

I love Showmasters and LFCC is always the biggest event of the year for me (convention wise). They rarely disappoint for their big events, even now I still do have enough reason to come over. If this event would go away next year, it'll just mean I'll have more money for LFCC.