London Film & Comic Con Winter- Date change

• Showmasters Admin
London Film & Comic Con Winter- Date change

We have had to change the date for the London Winter show. This will now take place on the 7th and 8th November 2015 at Olympia in London. Where possible we have tried to reschedule guests to new dates, but this has not been possible in all cases. For those that can no longer attend, we will look to schedule them into future events.

-------------------------------------

Still attending

George A Romero - Both days

Sophie Aldred - £10 per auto and photo shoot. Sat only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tickets will be on sale shortly.

• Like 2

OK, now I'm definitely off. I bought my Eurostar ticket to attend the event. If you cannot secure a venue months before for an event of that size, this is serious lack of professionalism. I will now only attend LFFC and nothing else anymore.

• Like 1

That's pretty much it then. The only good thing is that I hadn't yet bought any tickets or done hotel reservations, because I had a feeling this might happen. And if James is out of the picture, it requires some REALLY big names to convince me to arrive. Might just save the money for other purposes.

OK, now I'm definitely off. I bought my Eurostar ticket to attend the event. If you cannot secure a venue months before for an event of that size, this is serious lack of professionalism. I will now only attend LFFC and nothing else anymore.

It's happened too many times here now for me to ever risk anything non-refundable.

Obviously due to the clash the move works in my favour, I don't like travelling up to London two weeks running, but I think there's enough to make it worth my while.

Unfortunately, with the new Eurostar politics (tickets on sale 6 months ahead), I have no other choice than trust the organizers that they have secured the venue. In this case, I was able to come for one day (Saturday) but if I wait 6 weeks (like it is more or less the case now), I will pay double the price so it's not an option. I was still hesitating a bit about going to Collectormania next week but now it's definitely not an option anymore.

• Like 1

Have we definately lost James then? *sad face*

wasn't this the date for the Cardiff event James was already attending?. Would be a shame if we lost him for both events, hope we can confirm the cancellations as they seem to have just disappeared off the lists?

This isn't effecting next months LFCC so I'm not too worried. This is why I don't book transport till much closer to an event. I unfortunately didnt have the money for winter con so hadn't got my tickets but I have sympathy for those that did. I understand how frustrating it is when things are canceled or re scheduled but sometimes it is beyond showmasters control. sometimes things can even be booked by organizers then the venue owners turn around and say you cant do an event here any more. So yes some people may be out of money on travel or hotels if they have been booked. Which in the future they might book later. But all tickets to the event will be refunded I would expect.

Have we definately lost James then? *sad face*

wasn't this the date for the Cardiff event James was already attending?. Would be a shame if we lost him for both events, hope we can confirm the cancellations as they seem to have just disappeared off the lists?

As stated only a couple of posts before this I am already trying to find out. With the events basically being swapped it may mean confirmation by James' management is needed. Different events are different contracts and could mean different contact details.

This isn't effecting next months LFCC so I'm not too worried. This is why I don't book transport till much closer to an event. I unfortunately didnt have the money for winter con so hadn't got my tickets but I have sympathy for those that did. I understand how frustrating it is when things are canceled or re scheduled but sometimes it is beyond showmasters control. sometimes things can even be booked by organizers then the venue owners turn around and say you cant do an event here any more. So yes some people may be out of money on travel or hotels if they have been booked. Which in the future they might book later. But all tickets to the event will be refunded I would expect.

In other words what you're saying is I'm alright jack.
  • Like 1