Big Guest Announcement - 7pm - Friday

screw it, ive given my sarcastic guest so now i'll ask.

why another build up thread? could you not just announce the guest when everything is confirmed and finalised?

these threads build things up so much and everyone starts thinking it'll be someone who they REALLY want to meet, then get disappointed when its not them.

I completely disagree. First of all I think this is part of the fun. Also giving notice means people can make sure they have money in there accounts (whatever their budget is) and be online at 7pm so they don't miss out. I sometimes have a day or two when I'm not on here so if for example the Michael J Fox announcement happened without warning and I missed out on a photoshoot I would've been gutted. Not every announcement is to my taste but I'm glad I've been able to have an opportunity to get straight in there with booking tickets.

If the thread and build up annoys you don't read it.

But that's just my opinion.

Edited by martinthewookie
  • Like 3

why another build up thread? could you not just announce the guest when everything is confirmed and finalised?

these threads build things up so much and everyone starts thinking it'll be someone who they REALLY want to meet, then get disappointed when its not them.

I completely disagree. First of all I think this is part of the fun. Also giving notice means people can make sure they have money in there accounts (whatever their budget is) and be online at 7pm so they don't miss out. I sometimes have a day or two when I'm not on hear so if for example the Michael J Fox announcement happened without warning and I missed out on a photoshoot I would've been gutted. Not every announcement is to my taste but I'm glad I've been able to have an opportunity to get straight in there with booking tickets.

fairysnuff. difference of opinions and all that jazz :)

i dont mind the threads, in fact i used to REALLY enjoy them. ive had some hilarious conversations on here with people on the build up threads. however, i'd much rather they announced a guest for instance on a monday and then had tickets go on sale on the friday.

off on a complete tangent, you have quite possibly my favourite username on this forum! *makes wookie noise*)

I completely disagree. First of all I think this is part of the fun. Also giving notice means people can make sure they have money in there accounts (whatever their budget is) and be online at 7pm so they don't miss out. I sometimes have a day or two when I'm not on here so if for example the Michael J Fox announcement happened without warning and I missed out on a photoshoot I would've been gutted. Not every announcement is to my taste but I'm glad I've been able to have an opportunity to get straight in there with booking tickets.

Well I would partly agree with you both. The notice that gives you chance to have cash when the time comes is good. But that you could do with "The guest is !!!!!! and the shoots will start selling in a week" they did that with Richard Dean Anderson. Way better, cause then you had time to actually think it over for abit. :) I mean I jumped and screamed when Fox was announced and I took a rush descission and booked a shoot. But that was alot of money and I wouldnt mind to have a chance to think something like that over abit more. (I dont regret buying, not for a second)

But at the same time... guessing is fun to a point. But I would enjoy it way more with some more clues.... The point of being dissapointed if it wasnt what you expected, Ive learned that lesson after 2-3 times. But I totally agree that having time to build up an expectation and then not getting what you thought... That can make you think strangly... I have never been dissapointed of an announcement that was "Big". But the thrill I would have felt if suddenly I go in and see a great announcement out of the blue, that sence you wont get.

But as a final comment, this is what SM likes to do and we can do nothing about it :smile:

• Like 1

Think with the Michael J Fox announcement, while it did give a weeks notice, how many people would have expected it to be that kind of money for an autograph?

I agree with Josh in the sense that it would be better to say "XXXX is now attending, autographs and photos will cost £XX and tickets go on sale Friday". Less build-up will mean less disapointed people and the detailed notice would actually be useful!

There's my 2 cents on that matter, Now my 2 cents on the guest:

As someone there totally for GoT guests, I'd love it to be Emilia Clarke.

• Like 2

Hopefully someone I have noooo interest in, or someone I have loads.

The should I or shan't I guests are the ones that cost me the most time in thought and money.

E.g. I'm not really fussed but what if they don't do another show / i'll regret it if I don't do it when I've got the chance.

Next thing you know, you've got 5 or 6 "borderline" guests at cost of £90-180 (auto and/or photo)

Tell me about it, I'm actually just over budget now. I can't handle any more guests for London xD A big Doctor Who guest would be perfect for me in that case :P

Edited by dogsoldierspoon

Do I just chek the forum at 7pm Friday or is there a way of being emailed via forum being updated?

If you look on the 2015 page of the full forum (not mobile) there is a button in the top right saying "Follow this Forum". That will email you every time a new thread is started. I have found it can be a bit late in sending the email some times though, so I'd saying checking the forum yourself at 7pm on Friday might be better.

Interesting no mention of it being a Diamond guest.

Other than that aside from they haven't been in BTTF not a lot to go on.

Purely based on some of the other themes at the show, could be from:

Empire Strikes Back

Horror

Game of Thrones

These threads are always a lot of fun, but don't think I have ever guessed right !!!

But I'm going to guess anyway.

I think it will be Mark Hamill.

• Moderators

Interesting no mention of it being a Diamond guest.

Other than that aside from they haven't been in BTTF not a lot to go on.

Purely based on some of the other themes at the show, could be from:

Empire Strikes Back

Horror

Game of Thrones

These threads are always a lot of fun, but don't think I have ever guessed right !!!

But I'm going to guess anyway.

I think it will be Mark Hamill.

That was my first guess and hope as well

• Like 1

I hear Emilia Clarke may be in the UK in July to promote the new Terminator film, may be a good shout?

Personally I'd love it to be either Nathan Fillion or Misha Collins.

Think Terminator is more the end of June beginning of July so will probably miss that boat but Ant-Man on the other hand is out on the 17th the same weekend as LFCC!

Hoping for Evangeline Lilly!

• Like 3

Harrison Ford... :coolthumb: just to annoy my mate KingRichard76

Its ok, I'll give my lovely, adorable good friend a sla- a kiss if I see him at Collector and express my undying love for him cos I WANT HIM! HE'S LIKE MY BFF ;)

I think the guest has already done conventions, because I think they would have said 'first timer' in the first post.

There's not really any other information to use to aid guesses.

I'm hoping for a Doctor Who companion, someone from Lord of the Rings or a main character from The Walking Dead.

• Like 1