Big Guest Announcement - 7pm - Friday

Anthony Daniels has been mentioned in this thread - won't be him.

Alan Rickman - has an aversion to signing Potter.

As for other names that have been mentioned - I won't repeat myself... But Harrison Ford is FAR too big and unless you're willing to spend a three figure sum (which would be well worth it etc) same with Stallone. Sigourney et al et al et al.

With Alan, Isn't a more of a case that.. he prefers to sign what he is currently in, so won't sign HP if you see him at a stage door..

No he doesnt sign HP stuff at any ocassion whatsoever. Premieres, stage doors, though the mail, nada.

As for other names that have been mentioned - I won't repeat myself... But Harrison Ford is FAR too big and unless you're willing to spend a three figure sum (which would be well worth it etc) same with Stallone. Sigourney et al et al et al.

With Alan, Isn't a more of a case that.. he prefers to sign what he is currently in, so won't sign HP if you see him at a stage door..

No he doesnt sign HP stuff at any ocassion whatsoever. Premieres, stage doors, though the mail, nada.

Oooh, i didn't realise. That sucks.

I had a friend who met him recently outside where he was working (in London, she knew someone working at the same place and told him when he would be there) and he signed a Snape product for her!

I had a friend who met him recently outside where he was working (in London, she knew someone working at the same place and told him when he would be there) and he signed a Snape product for her!

She's been very lucky then :) I know he's done it in the past, but normally not at all.

• Like 1

The cast of 'Terminator Genisys' are doing a world promo tour at present. Currently in Australia - and the film comes out over here July 3rd.

You don't think it could be....? Nah.

Could it?

• Like 1

• Moderators

The cast of 'Terminator Genisys' are doing a world promo tour at present. Currently in Australia - and the film comes out over here July 3rd.

You don't think it could be....? Nah.

Could it?

We can dream

• Like 1

She's been very lucky then :) I know he's done it in the past, but normally not at all.

With Alan Rickman, if he came to a con then of course he'd sign Potter stuff! He wouldn't come to a con expecting not too, maybe not other places but he'll know that Potter would be a big reason for most people to see him when he signed to come

It took camping out in Trafalgar Square for three nights, with all kinds of weather, being hassled by inebriated alcoholics begging for water, extremely hot sun one minute then a deluge of rain the next, then on the day of the Premiere itself about four Harry Potter Fans being taken out by paramedics from fainting etc etc etc - BUT I still claim that it was worth doing the last Harry Potter Prem to get Alan Rickman (who was on our side of the red carpet) to sign my Harry Potter DVD - I don't mind telling you that I was nearly sick with pride as I knew what a big thing this was.

J.K. also signed it :)

• Like 3

It took camping out in Trafalgar Square for three nights, with all kinds of weather, being hassled by inebriated alcoholics begging for water, extremely hot sun one minute then a deluge of rain the next, then on the day of the Premiere itself about four Harry Potter Fans being taken out by paramedics from fainting etc etc etc - BUT I still claim that it was worth doing the last Harry Potter Prem to get Alan Rickman (who was on our side of the red carpet) to sign my Harry Potter DVD - I don't mind telling you that I was nearly sick with pride as I knew what a big thing this was.

When he signed around us, he was checking for HP stuff and did not sign that, even at a HP premiere.

As for the fact that he'd have to sign HP if he attented a con, that's why I don't think he would attend. Besides other things, I don't think he is the convenion type.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Don't suppose you have a pic do you kingrichard?

• Like 1

When he signed around us, he was checking for HP stuff and did not sign that, even at a HP premiere.

As for the fact that he'd have to sign HP if he attented a con, that's why I don't think he would attend. Besides other things, I don't think he is the convenion type.

Its experiences like this that just reinforces the whole ethos of this - how some stars can be whether its something they are happy to sign or not, how gregarious they can be- I reckon even the Worlds most accomplished mathmetician/physicist etc would have a brain melt if forced to write out a flow chart of all the variables that make up whether a Star signs or not. if a Star wishes to or not, whether they are having a good day, if they feel somewhat insecure, etc etc

This is the thing precisely, there are those within the business who are very shy/quiet/want their lives to be private - I keep thinking of his character from Galaxy Quest and how the character felt about conventions and the whole Fan genre.

A pic of? :)

P.S. I'm reminded of the time I met Denis Lawsons' nephew a few years back, he was going along the line for us signing one thing after the other respectively, I had my Star Wars bluray which he signed, the guy RIGHT next to me also had a multisig Star Wars item - he didn't wanna know. Mind you, Ireckon he must get pretty fed up of signing Star Wars stuff - so its always one of those things thats bound to happen

• Moderators

Its experiences like this that just reinforces the whole ethos of this - how some stars can be whether its something they are happy to sign or not, how gregarious they can be- I reckon even the Worlds most accomplished mathmetician/physicist etc would have a brain melt if forced to write out a flow chart of all the variables that make up whether a Star signs or not. if a Star wishes to or not, whether they are having a good day, if they feel somewhat insecure, etc etc

This is the thing precisely, there are those within the business who are very shy/quiet/want their lives to be private - I keep thinking of his character from Galaxy Quest and how the character felt about conventions and the whole Fan genre.

A pic of? :)

Your DVD from the HP Prem

I am moving house next weekend... so there is a big part of me that is thinking please be a guest that isn't high on my list.... and then the other part of me is like YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH I HOPE IT IS SOMEONE AWESOME :clap:

Looking forward to tonight :dance: