Who was the nicest guest you have met?

fastandloud

Every GOT guest I have met so far have been so nice, happy and friendly. They where all happy to chat and hug you! If you are a fan and thinking of meeting them, please do it if you can as they are really amazing people to meet! ^_^ They made LFCC for me last summer! :D

LOve your picture with Daniel, how is he ?

GILLIAN ANDERSON aka Special Agent Dana Scully (The X Files)

Words fail me - Gillian is up there as my all time favourite, a terrific actress and a true pleasure to meet, having admired her work consistently over the years and what a true acting legend she is was one of the many reasons why I was so glad to have met her - considering she was THE headlining guest in 2012 and if I recall correctly people were flying over from all over the World to meet her, she was very sweet, very charming and exceedinly personable considering how busy she was she was still more than happy to personalise

LINDA HAMILTON aka Sarah Connor (Terminator)

Had gone to meet Linda Hamilton at her table and she kindly signed Terminator 2 for me it was a very pleasant meeting indeed and she was such a lovely lady - a few hours later I'd gone to get a photoshoot with her, after the person in front of me had their photo taken and went off she (Linda) saw me and clearly remembered me from the autograph table came over and gave me this MASSIVE bearhug, after the photo was taken we hugged again and she gave me a very memorable kiss goodbye (this has stayed with me ever since 2010 and I remember that so well - its also this thar I reckon inadvertently saw me becoming very enamored with doing conventions.

ZACH GALLIGAN aka Billy Pelzer (Gremlins)

In 2012 I'd followed Zach on the Twitter and before buying a photoshoot I tweeted him asking something along the lines of:

"During a paid photoshoot would you be ok to hold my Gizmo?"

His response (even now cracks me up) was "As long as you're talking about a doll yes I'll be ok" and at LFCC rather than call me Richard (he knew me by then by my Twitter nickname) called me King Richard, so whenever we saw each other thats what he'd call me - he was awesome.

CAPRICE ROTH aka E.T.s Arms/Hands (E.T.)

As a rule I tend not to ask that which could make guests uncomfortable but when I met Caprice in 2013 she was so lovely to meet and had no problem doing the iconic E.T./Elliot finger touch in the pic at the table, I asked her if it would be ok for a hug (not something I ordinarily do but my thinking behind this was that I would actually be hugged by E.T. ) but she was taken aback (in a good way) to be asked this and was very happy to do so - in fact when the picture was taken she actually rubbed my back the same way E.T. did to Elliot in that iconic, infamous end scene.

KAREN ALLEN aka Marion Ravenwood (Indiana Jones)

Alas, the Love of Dr. Jones' life the one person who could see Indy become like a giggly love struck teenager - Karen was a true delight to meet and is certainly up there with one of the best guests i've met - truly lovely.

Could say more about the guests I have mentioned but I like to make my posts short.

• Like 1

Jeremy bulloch (boba fett) hes a really nice guy very friendly spoke to him for a while asked him if I could take a picture of him then shook his hand and wished him all the best!!!

Kenny baker (r2-d2) really nice guy spoke to him briefly took his picture then shook his hand

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Jeremy bulloch (boba fett) hes a really nice guy very friendly spoke to him for a while asked him if I could take a picture of him then shook his hand and wished him all the best!!!

Kenny baker (r2-d2) really nice guy spoke to him briefly took his picture then shook his hand

I have also met Jeremy and he's such a nice guy.

• 4 weeks later...

I've met a few, but my fave, by a country mile was Caroline Munro, just a hoot, a bit of sauce, and a giggle, and a great chat about Hammer / Bond. And also the best dedication on the picture, she was wearing thigh length boots, and it read 'These boots weren't just made for walking.....'

Close second was Robert Davi from The Goonies, had a really good chat about The Goonies, Die Hard and Joe Pantoliano.

I want to add to my list:

Hmm tough question as I have met a lot of nice guests over the years only 1 or 2 of which have ever been disappointing really erm...

Probably

Louise Brealey: as no matter what she always took the time to talk to her fans and even gave hugs to everyone and was really nice and friendly.

Norman Reedus: was also friendly when I met him and was offering to shake peoples hands and hug anyone who asked I still wish I got a photo with him but instead just opted for an auto but he was nice,

Rupert Graves: was nice too especially in the photoshoots he was fun and accepted hugs and practically done any pose fans asked for and some peoples pictures with him are hilarious and really great!

Liam O'Brien: He was nice enough to do one of his voice over quotes from a character he voices for my camera (Cant believe I forgot to add him lol)

Get a bear hug from J. LaRose first!

This could get competitive!

Ian let me follow him to his Game of Thrones talk as I didn't know where I was going, and kept checking that I was still with him. And then when I met him later for an autograph he apologised for the wait, told me how good my poster was looking, then offered me a free signed picture from his desk.

Your turn! ;)

J. LaRose gave me bear hugs. This has been established. I went back to his table towards the end of the day to ask him if he knew about the issue with his photoshoots (long story, in the end he didn't get a photoshoot slot and wasn't aware of it) and after talking about it he apologized for my waiting around and gave me another hug, even though it hadn't been his fault in the first place. He then took two more photos with me to make up for it and we had Darren Lynn Bousman jump in for the pictures, after which Darren stuck around for a moment and asked if the photo we'd had taken earlier looked alright. So I pulled out my photo folder to show him, which prompted him to ask what else I had in there, so Darren then stood there looking through my folder full of photos and autographs and got really excited when he came across someone he knew or my cosplay pictures.

Your move, if you dare.

:laugh:

Whilst signing my poster, he moved his coffee cup out of the way so none would spill, and told me about the time a fan came up to him at a previous con to get a GoT book signed, and that Ian was first to sign it. Whilst moving it into place, his cup of coffee was accidentally knocked over and coffee spilled on the book. He asked the fan where he got the book, and he pointed to a stall across the hall. At that Ian got up, went over to said stall and purchased another copy for the kid which he then signed.

Check :cool:

• 10 months later...

I've an interesting answer to this one. 2005, Glasgow, the SECC. Dean Stockwell was present looking pretty dejected at a scarcely attended part of the autograph area. I went up to him and asked for his autograph, duly paid, then remarked that I loved Blue Velvet and Night Gallery. He suddenly perked up and became like Al Kalavitchi watching a baseball game, shook my hand and gave me the thumbs up. You would think I had given him a million dollars.

• Like 1

I've met several amazing guests throughout the years. But the one who immediately stands out is TJ Thyne from Bones. He was so sweet, funny, eager to chat to everyone. He gave us fans gifts. He was a total sweetheart when I came into the photoshoot late. He hugged me, told me to catch my breath and then we had a great photo together. He, then, remembered me throughout the weekend and called me by name. I adore him basically. :wub:

Honorable mentions: Jeremy Renner, David Hewlett, Jim Beaver, Julian Sands, Michael Emerson, AJ Buckley. I could go on really. I've only really had two celeb interactions where I was disappointed. So two out of 30+ meets is not bad at all. Almost all celebs have been very nice! :coolthumb:

• Like 1