Who was the nicest guest you have met?

fastandloud

Jen Coolidge of American Pie fame

I saw on Twitter she was in the country so I tweeted asking why and that I would like to get my DVD signed one day

Long story short, I was put in contact to her agent who then passed my number to her, she text me wishing me a happy birthday and we arranged to meet up a few days later. Got a couple of autographs and a few photos with her too... (she wasn't happy with the first couple)

Few years ago now that but no one else comes close

• Like 2

I haven't met all that many so far but Paul McGann was an absolute sweetheart, I ran into him while he was wandering around and he kindly agreed to stop for a quick photo but he was all smiles and gave me a smile and a quick hug before he left. Colin Baker was really sweet as well, he complimented my cosplay and gave me a cuddle for our photo.

• Like 2

Hmm tough question as I have met a lot of nice guests over the years only 1 or 2 of which have ever been disappointing really erm...

Probably Louise Breasley as no matter what she always took the time to talk to her fans and even gave hugs to everyone and was really nice and friendly. Also Norman Reedus was also friendly when I met him and was offering to shake peoples hands and hug anyone who asked I still wish I got a photo with him but instead just opted for an auto but he was nice, also Rupert Graves was nice too especially in the photoshoots he was fun and accepted hugs and practically done any pose fans asked for and some peoples pictures with him are hilarious and really great!

• Like 1

Hard to narrow it down as fortunately most guest I have met have been nice!

Mickie James was nice to talk to when I met her last year. We had a good chat about her time in WWE.

Also Warwick Davis and his wife were really friendly.

every walking dead guest ive met has been absolutely brilliant.

lena headey was amazing too.

have to agree with you buddy TWD cast I have met so far was brill as well

Craig Parker he was very chatty and the nicest guy you could meet

John Levene one of the nicest guys you could meet

John Barrowman was fantastic when I met

Tom Baker what a legend

Peter Shilton he loved my England poster

Michael Ironside brilliant time meeting him

all the Dwarfers are always a joy to meet

Charles Martinet I loved meeting Super Mario

Jen Coolidge of American Pie fame

I saw on Twitter she was in the country so I tweeted asking why and that I would like to get my DVD signed one day

Long story short, I was put in contact to her agent who then passed my number to her, she text me wishing me a happy birthday and we arranged to meet up a few days later. Got a couple of autographs and a few photos with her too... (she wasn't happy with the first couple)

Few years ago now that but no one else comes close

Omg! I'm jealous!

Every GOT guest I have met so far have been so nice, happy and friendly. They where all happy to chat and hug you! If you are a fan and thinking of meeting them, please do it if you can as they are really amazing people to meet! ^_^ They made LFCC for me last summer! :D

• Like 3

A lot of people over the years have been incredible, particularly Doctor Who people.

Lis Sladen is probably near the top of the list, met her so many times that she became more like a good friend to meet up with.

Kate Kelton is another that's high up there, again pretty much have become friends with her online even before we met.

• Like 2

Very tricky to be able to pick out just one !

In recent times, Louise Brealey was great at Sherlocked

As also mentioned above Charles Martinet (voice of Mario) was fantastic, doing all the voices, recording a message for my sons.

Thinking back over the years, Eric Roberts was fab with my son, really made an effort and remembered him later in the hall and came over and gave him a fist pump.

Dina Meyer's photoshoot was hilarious, great fun.

Sharni Vinson was lovely to meet, very friendly and chatty, also Scout Taylor Compton.

John Levene is a top bloke, very friendly.

Going way back, Michael Sheard, was always a pleasure to meet.

Eve Myles and Karen Gillan were great fun.

And on and on, been lucky to have so many good meets, in fact out of the well over 1000 people I have met, I can honestly say there has probably only been a handful that I came away with a disappointing experience.

Dean Cain was great to meet, I had a really interesting conversation with him about the Supermen. I also had great in-depth conversations with both Paul Blake and Jeffery Combs about censorship, bible-belt America and doing blue movies (I didn't bring that one up). All lovely gentlemen. In all honesty, of the many people I've met, I can only think of 1 or 2 that weren't that great.

In the last couple of years I've met some actors of different TV shows, before that mainly musicians as I was working in the business for a couple of years.

The one that blew me away recently at Sherlocked was Andrew Scott ... WOW ... loveliest guy I ever met :thumbup::clap:

A lot of people over the years have been incredible, particularly Doctor Who people.

Lis Sladen is probably near the top of the list, met her so many times that she became more like a good friend to meet up with.

Lis Sladen, even saying her name now chokes me up. I could go on about what a great actress and ambassador for fandom she was but I’d like to mention something else.
In 2001 my wife Tracy and I tried for a child. We had a baby boy who sadly died two hours after being born who we called Casper.
A year later in 2002 we tried again and we had a baby girl called Kate. Now bringing a child into the world was a big thing and I knew that I had responsibilities for this precious little person who was my daughter.
As a single fan you don’t think too hard about finances but when Kate came along I decided that I would need to tighten our finances. I stopped my subscription to Big Finish and I was going to attend my last convention and cut back totally on these fan events.
My final guest that I was due to have a photo with was Lis Sladen. I’d missed her in 2000 which I was gutted at.
I went into the photo studio and sat down with her and waited for the click/click, thank you very much, next and that would be it, but something extraordinary happened that day. Back then the photographer was still using film and for whatever reason he’d run out and needed to get more from the car so he raced away.
So, there I am, sat next to Lis Sladen on my own. What do you talk about, I thought? Do you mention the ‘Andy Pandy’ costume? Do you go on about ‘K9 & Company’?
Without much more thought I turned around and asked, “How are Brian and Sadie doing”?
She looked back at me and smiled. It was as if she was relieved that she didn’t have to give me an automatic repeat answer, instead she proudly beamed with joy and pride at how well her daughter and husband, her own family were doing.
Being polite she asked about my family and it’s at this point that I felt a bit of a twit! The emotion of realizing that this was me basically saying goodbye to my Doctor Who family and taking on the responsibilities of my own family hit home. I started to shed a few tears.
She immediately came to my aid realizing that I was upset and asked me what was wrong and I explained my situation. She held me tight and explained that everything would be alright and she’d had similar feelings after the birth of Sadie. She told me that when Kate got older, she’d love to meet her and to take her along to a convention and this would not be the end and there was life after childbirth.
Her words brought great comfort to me and please do not ask me why but I patted her on the knee as a show of appreciation for her understanding, it was purely natural and nothing meant by it. It was then at this point I suddenly thought to myself, what the hell are you doing, you’re patting Sarah Jane Smith’s knee! I thought I’d get thrown out of the convention, have my subscription to the Monthly cancelled, I was appalled! I pulled away instantly in shock.
It was at this specific point that the photographer was finally set up and ready for the picture. Lis looked at my shocked face and pointed at it laughing uncontrollably, “Your Face”, she howled with laughter!
The photographer shouted at us, “Here we go again, ready”?
It was at this point, Lis grabbed my wrist, slapped my hand back on her knee and looked back at my now aghast face at the terrible crime I’d committed and by this point she was nearly falling off her chair, by now all I could do was laugh at the situation myself and that photo above is my own personal favourite out of all my photos as it captures a moment of time in my life where my emotions went from excitement, to sadness, to despair, to hope and then full blown laughter.
She wished me well and asked again for Kate again, I left with so much positive hope.
Seven years later I wrote a letter to Lis asking for a signed photo for my daughter Kate as she was a big fan of the Sarah Jane Adventures and I congratulated her on the success of the programme. At the very start of December 2010 we received it and Kate was over the moon and so was I.
Four months later, that incredible lady that gave me hope back in 2003 sadly lost her fight for life against the terrible disease of cancer. The photo taken that day represents why I love this programme and all the people in it that I’ve had the privilege to meet.
Edited by ewanmorgan
  • Like 8

Scott Bakula - brilliant and needs a return visit please

yessssss !!!!!! I totally agree !

I met him and he was very kind, a real gentleman and absolutly adorable.

You can see in his eyes his genuine pleasure when he meets the fans.

• Like 1