Taxi Fare Question

If you download the citymapper app and you put in your destination to and from, it'll give you an average taxi fare from Uber and Black Cabs at that present moment :)

Personally, I believe oyster cards are the way to go. Once you're done with it you get your deposit and whatever is left on the card back when given in at a ticket office. A lot cheaper then taxis!! and you can use citymapper again to plan and save your journeys, it's brilliant!

Unless you're physically disabled I wouldn't bother with a taxi as it's far cheaper by bus and that's assuming that Olympia tube station isn't open on the Friday.

Why would the station not be open?

Olympia station is a side station and is served by the Underground only at weekends and during the week when there is a big event on. As to what TfL deem to be a big event is anyone's guess. It's the same station as the overland and I've no idea if they only run to the same service level without checking the National Rail website for timetables.

If you download the citymapper app and you put in your destination to and from, it'll give you an average taxi fare from Uber and Black Cabs at that present moment :)

Personally, I believe oyster cards are the way to go. Once you're done with it you get your deposit and whatever is left on the card back when given in at a ticket office. A lot cheaper then taxis!! and you can use citymapper again to plan and save your journeys, it's brilliant!

I don't bother handing back my Oyster but keep it and just top it up when I'm back in London and using it again. (Reminds me I must get mumsy's off her to get her refund next time I'm down.)

Edited by Knitty Fred
  • Like 1

I would get on the District Line to Hammersmith and then its less than 10mins walk to Olympia. I'm assuming you will have a Zone 1,2 pass?

Walkit.com has the quickest to be 14 minutes (19 medium paced and 28 slow paced). In all the times I've walked from Easy Hotel near Earls Court that's definitely been more than 10 minutes every time.

I would get on the District Line to Hammersmith and then its less than 10mins walk to Olympia. I'm assuming you will have a Zone 1,2 pass?

Walkit.com has the quickest to be 14 minutes (19 medium paced and 28 slow paced). In all the times I've walked from Easy Hotel near Earls Court that's definitely been more than 10 minutes every time.

I've done it in less than 10mins...but I'm just a fast walker ;)

If you prefer public transport to walking you could always take the number 9 or 10 from Hammersmith.

Or the overground from West Brompton to Olympia as the overground still accepts Oyster card payment and the district line train to West Brompton can be taken from Earls Court (it was that route that many of us took to the first WLFCC when there was major disruption on most lines) :D

• Like 1

I've done it in less than 10mins...but I'm just a fast walker ;)

So am I lol - but then I was weighed down with erm knitting paraphernalia.

• Like 1