Talk videos

EmmaJJ

Now that it's over, does anyone know if the talks were filmed (by crew) and if they then are or will be available online? I missed some and some were too funny to only watch once (particularly the Andrew and Mark one).

Only once ever have I been to a convention that recorded and sold the footage of the talks they had. Quite often they're not even recorded, the cameras only transmit to the screens. Guests tend to prefer to talk more candidly in talks at conventions and dont like it when footage of it appears online, which is why most convention companies crack down hard on leaked footage appearing on youtube etc. I definitely wouldn't expect any of the talks from this event to be made available, which is a shame because I missed most of the talks due to having so many photos and autos to get.

To put it as it's most simplest, no they won't be available even if they were filmed which they aren't usually. The camera's were just to project the talks on to the big screen for those further back.

The talks aren't filmed or released as that would involve a lot of legal negotiation.

• Like 1

That's sad to hear but I guess we have to accept that. I can understand why no official video footage might be available but it would be nice to have it nevertheless. Especially as the sound wasn't ideal sometimes and there were so many people from abroard who might not have understood everything while there.