BTTF 1885 Clock photo

Hi

2 questions regarding this photo shoot with Lloyd & Fox.

1. What size is this photo going to be printed on? standard size?

2. Are either of the guys going to be handed a cowboy hat or any extras to make this more accurate, I know the photo is in sepia etc.

Cheers

Gary

As much as some may like it, I really hope the photograph is full colour and not sepia/with any effects. In fact, when you buy tickets for photos it states they will be full colour inkjet - so if it isn't it hasn't stuck to that. It's a simple thing to do afterwards if you want it, but for those who don't want it they have no alternate.

As for props like hats...I really wanted just a normal photo with CL, but this was the only option in the diamond pass and I wasn't willing to spend even more...I just want it to be as normal as possible, with the clock face featured to be honest....

and I really don't hope Showmasters add their logo in the corner to the shoot like they did with the TARDIS console shoots with Paul McGann, it kinda spoiled it.

I can guarantee you at the time of purchase it wasn't advertised as such. People are even questioning it today if it were green screen or not so the clarification on this has been really poor.

I am very disappointed that it is sepia, where is it "advertised as such?" The only clarification I could ever find on photoshoots was on the showmasters website, where it states "Your picture will be a 6” by 9” colour photo (not an inkjet print) and will be ready for collection almost immediately." If this didn't apply - it should of been stated before the time of purchase.

I've just taken a look at them and yep - they're sepia. I am really disappointed and feel mislead. There wasn't any mention it was going to be sepia (or even feature the showmasters logo). Lloyd was announced and on sale in December, these photos of the clocktower weren't taken till after then, so I can't see how that could even be a logical suggestion for knowing when purchasing.

It's something people can do afterwards (sepia effect) easily, but people who want a full colour (as advertised) photo can't re-add that colour afterwards. Can there not be an option that the photos from this shoot when added to the store are in colour so at least we have a choice (or vice-versa)? Otherwise I think I'll need a contact number to ring and speak to someone about it. I have never felt so let by Showmasters and I just don't want it to start now.

I just can't see how it's better than colour. Sepia can be done by anyone afterwards, you can't add colour to sepia and have a good result without Photoshop talent. And having no option at all is even worse. The fact that my photo with CL will be sepia and I have no choice to see it in colour (even if it were afterwards on the store).

It's a photoshoot. I'm aware and don't care if they didn't have colour in 1885, if people want it sepia they can do afterwards and make it accurate. To force the sepia on people who want (as advertised I'd add) a colour photo...isn't fair. I can fully understand why people want it in sepia, but you're not then giving this choice to the people who don't.

It's a prop photoshoot to recreate the photo from the film. It makes more sense to be in sepia than in colour. I do agree that it's an odd choice for them to put in the Diamond package as a normal shoot would have made more sense but speaking about this as a shoot the sepia seems obvious to me.

I'm really not bothered about green screen or sepia I'm getting my photo taken with my childhood hero Michael J Fricken Fox, it could be in front of a toilet tent on Scarborough beach for all I care.

Edited by Beakyann
  • Like 7

• 2 months later...

i had picture taken with back future 1885 clock prop

when got home looked at picture in better light noticed

camera flash can be seen on clock face, more white

covering 10 o'clock, did anyone else have that,

clock time was 8;04

just looked online at picture marty and doc at The hill valley festival 1885 clock

noticed the different time

The hill valley festival at 8:00 p.m photographer was offering those attending festival the opportunity to have a souvenir taken in front of the clock

so this picture taken afew min's before doc and marty's