E-Ticket Validation Issue

What exactly is the 'validation' fee? What does the fee cover? The tickets are now printed at home, there are no postage costs, the workload is reduced on SM. If anything there should be a reduction as the customer is doing all the work; it sounds like a bit of a ruse to me!! It's like trying to charge customers extra for using a self-service checkout at a supermarket....

No, once you have paid for validation, the original ticket is updated via computer and you only need that ticket.

The validation fee covers all admin costs needed to produce tickets for a show. This is the same as a booking fee that you will find with most online ticket venders. As I have said a few times on here, be grateful that SM only do the charge per order instead of per ticket like a lot of places do these days. A lot of places also charge £5 plus for these fees so £2.50 is nothing in comparison and I for one am happy to pay this little bit extra to keep things running smoothly for SM who in my opinion do an excellent job and deserve it.

The validation fee covers all admin costs needed to produce tickets for a show

Sorry Wrong Name but what costs when we print them off ourselves?

They still have admin work to do on their end. I'd imagine there is a cost to using Eventbrite as well.

It amazes me the number of people who think that running an online shop is free! Obviously the extra charge covers the cost of running the shop or more specifically the commission charged by Eventbrite to run the shop. They also need to pay for the scanning devices used at the events and of course there are people involved with organising the sales and they need paying. As has been said before, the Showmasters validation charge is a bargain compared to many others where they tend to be per ticket not per transaction and are often 2 or 3 times the cost. I recently booked some gig tickets where I would have paid £10 more per ticket to buy them from a ticket agency than I ended up paying by ordering them direct from the venue and that was all in various extra charges.

• Like 2

well I won`t pay for something I already paid for just beacause two days later I decided to buy some more. It is not logicall and bad for business.

The validation fee pays for the work involved in that particular order and so the work needs to be done again on the next order. It's the same for all kinds or online tickets for concerts, football matches and other events and usually called a booking fee or similar, yet I bet you don't complain about them? This really is a lot cheaper than most places.

But ignoring that, like it or not the validation fee needs to be paid for the tickets to work so if you don't pay it, you won't be able to use your tickets and I'm pretty sure you won't get a refund.

still no reply from showmasters, i put the link into the computer and it came up with nothing to validate, so i downloaded the eventbrite app and it says i have the two tickets = winner and says at bottom please click to confirm you have added validation but theres nothing to click on its greyed out does this mean its all sorted? as again i got another e-mail saying i have a order awaiting validation

im getting worried that im gonna turn up and my tickets are invalid, im travelling from top of scotland and i have to plan everything its not a easy journey.

Appreciate people are busy but i am confused and getting annoyed at constant e-mails.

:no:

• Showmasters Admin

still no reply from showmasters, i put the link into the computer and it came up with nothing to validate, so i downloaded the eventbrite app and it says i have the two tickets = winner and says at bottom please click to confirm you have added validation but theres nothing to click on its greyed out does this mean its all sorted? as again i got another e-mail saying i have a order awaiting validation

im getting worried that im gonna turn up and my tickets are invalid, im travelling from top of scotland and i have to plan everything its not a easy journey.

Appreciate people are busy but i am confused and getting annoyed at constant e-mails.

:no:

I've checked and you have one order and one validation fee paid at the time of ordering, so your order is fine.

I can't see you on the list for being sent the reminder email? Have you been receiving a reminder email?

yes, i have a Weekend ticket and Jason David Frank photoshoot, my internet banking shows ive paid and the app seems ok but still getting reminder saying you have an outstanding order

latest reminder sent on 20 may 15

Thanks for getting back to me i just worry about not getting to meet JDF lol

:thumbup:

• Showmasters Admin

yes, i have a Weekend ticket and Jason David Frank photoshoot, my internet banking shows ive paid and the app seems ok but still getting reminder saying you have an outstanding order

latest reminder sent on 20 may 15

Thanks for getting back to me i just worry about not getting to meet JDF lol

:thumbup:

That's a different order.

I found order 401962023 which was made with the same email address as you have registered here. That order was for one weekend pass and has been validated at the time of booking.

There is another order 411775708 which was made in your name but a yahoo.com email address for an entry ticket and one JDF photo shoots. This order does not have validation. So you need to follow the link in the email and pay one £2.50 fee. This will stop you getting the email.

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks TooTall, when i follow the link in the e-mail it comes up with sorry the promotional code you entered is not valid

Can you try copying the link and pasting it in the browser?

• 3 weeks later...

If the £2.50 validation fee was not charged to my account will an email be sent out to me for tonights purchases? I ticked the left box but the fee was not added. Thanks

Yes, if it wasn't added then you will get an email.

When they first moved to Eventbrite, the box was on the left but they have now moved it to the 'Additional Items' box at the bottom of the page.

SM/mods: This should be changed in the text so people realise where the box is, also the additional items box also still says that this is optional.

If the £2.50 validation fee was not charged to my account will an email be sent out to me for tonights purchases? I ticked the left box but the fee was not added. Thanks

Yes, if it wasn't added then you will get an email.

When they first moved to Eventbrite, the box was on the left but they have now moved it to the 'Additional Items' box at the bottom of the page.

SM/mods: This should be changed in the text so people realise where the box is, also the additional items box also still says that this is optional.

Many thanks, I will watch out for an email, I have ordered three batches of tickets and tonight was the first one that hasn't picked up the fee, I have emailed SM as well to set wheels in motion to add the £2.50 to the order.

I haven't seen the explanation behind these E-Ticket Validations can someone explain? Why is there a need to charge these additional fees for a ticket people print out themselves. Granted its better than paying 6-7 pounds postage but still feels like one final push for more money.