E-Ticket Validation Issue

Hey, I bought a MJF photoshoot ticket on 16th April without buying any e-ticket validation. I got an e-mail today saying I need to buy one as soon as possible, so I did.

Since I bought the validation separately, does that render the e-ticket I bought on the 16th as perfectly fine to show on the day? The e-ticket validation has no reference to the MJF photoshoot whatsoever.

Hi Boingo,

Thank you for raising this. This confused me too. I went ahead and validated too. Its nice to know I'm not alone, as you stated there was no relation to the MJF ticket but nice to know that orders are linked behind the scenes.

Thank you

Sorry i Come from a other country and i'm confused too. I bought 5 photoshoots and 3 days later i got an email, that i have to order an e-Ticket validation. Did i have to order one e-Ticket validation for one photoshoot, or one for all photoshoots?

Can someone help me?

So yeah I still haven't received a email to fix this vaildation fee i ordered my MJF ticket last Thursday its been 9 days now and still no email

Remember that it is Sherlocked this weekend, so SM are extremely busy with that. You will get your email, don't worry. There's loads of time before the con.

• 2 weeks later...

Are validation emails being sent out in error? I've just received one for my latest purchase but I definitely did add it as it shows on my bank statement. I thought I'd add it again anyway but it's managed to crash the event brite website

I was thinking of buying a further 2 x photoshoots but I'm concerned that I'd have to pay another validation charge. IMO customers who buy in advance should receive a discount with those who leave it until the day paying a premium. One validation charge per customer and not per order would be fairer...

• Like 1

I was thinking of buying a further 2 x photoshoots but I'm concerned that I'd have to pay another validation charge. IMO customers who buy in advance should receive a discount with those who leave it until the day paying a premium. One validation charge per customer and not per order would be fairer...

You won't find a single ticket vender who works that way, and trying to keep track of that would be a nightmare especially for people who don't create Eventbrite accounts. Be glad it's not one validation charge per ticket like many other places do.

Edited by Wrong Name

I receive the email but I did not validate it, will I get my money back?

Sorry, I am not sure if I understand your question. (Still fighting that flu bug, so forgive me if my brain is foggy.)

You are not getting an automatic refund for the whole ticket if you forget to pay the validation charge and don't add it on later with the e-mail. That would be a way too easy way out as "refund." ;)

Are validation emails being sent out in error? I've just received one for my latest purchase but I definitely did add it as it shows on my bank statement. I thought I'd add it again anyway but it's managed to crash the event brite website

The links are set up manually. It's not totally out that something was sent in error. But it should be noticed when the orders are linked.

To Queen_sindel. Thanks for your reply. It was helpful.

I am not going to attend the show at all. I decided voluntarily not to validate as I knew I would not attend the show. I am still hoping to get the full refund for the ticket. If not, then be it. There is nothing I can do about it! No biggie!

To Queen_sindel. Thanks for your reply. It was helpful.

I am not going to attend the show at all. I decided voluntarily not to validate as I knew I would not attend the show. I am still hoping to get the full refund for the ticket. If not, then be it. There is nothing I can do about it! No biggie!

Can I ask why order something if you knew that you weren't going to use the ticket?

I would be very surprise if they gave you a refund; if you've ordered it you've bought it

In a situation as above there definitely won't be any refund. I don't quite understand why this order was placed either, but that's not my business of course.

Can you imagine how many people would use the "oops, I forgot to validate!" route as a refund option if the ticket money was returned with an unpaid validation fee? There'd for sure be a number of people using this as "lay away" too.

Quick question. Once you have been sent the link to download your tickets is the Validation thing supposed to be there or not? I did add it but is it shown to be validated by the thing at the bottom saying accepted validation?

Quick question. Once you have been sent the link to download your tickets is the Validation thing supposed to be there or not? I did add it but is it shown to be validated by the thing at the bottom saying accepted validation?

I'm not sure if I am understanding your question right, so I am not totally sure if this helps or not. The validation charge will not show on the actual tickets, no matter if added correctly or not.

I'm not sure if I am understanding your question right, so I am not totally sure if this helps or not. The validation charge will not show on the actual tickets, no matter if added correctly or not.

I added Validation and it shows in my order summary but on the printed out tickets it has nothing but accepted validation at bottom of each of the paper tickets is that right or do we have to have a separate sheet saying validation?