Autographs from comic writers/artists and book authors

Hi, please can you let me know the procedure for comic and book guests. Do we still pay for autos or just have to buy their book/comic on the day? In fact, if we've already got something of theirs we want signing might they also sign that if we buy something from their desk? Thanks for your help. Nick

Most comic book guests usually sign for free except for a small few eg. Kevin Eastman. It says on the website when you click on their photo if there's a fee, if it doesn't say any price, it's usually free. I got Chad Hardin to sign some of my Harley Quinn stuff last year.

Usually comic book guests will sign for free :) If you want a sketch from an artist though, that'll usually cost you, unless it's a super quick doodle. If they have prints/books on their table, it might be a kind gesture if you purchase something if you have a big stack of books to be signed :)

• Like 1

Just wondering do I have to get a yalc ticket for book signings or can my god pass cover it?

Your pass should cover it :) the YALC specific entry ticket is the same as an LFCC ticket, it just includes a goody bag.

thax that's excellent and very helpful really appreciate it

• 3 months later...

It was a pleasure to meet John Wagner a real legend of comic book writing. Can we please have Carlos Ezquerra next time cos it will good to have them both sing my original copy of 2000 AD Prog 2

the first appearance of Judge Dredd from

March 5th 1977

Edited by doctorwhoman

Dan Slott was on a desk next to a comic retailer, and they said if you bought one item then you could get whatever else you wanted signed. I had Amazing Spider-man 1 and Superior Spider-man 1 with me, so just purchased an Amazing Spider-Man 1 variant cover for a fiver and got all three signed. Totally worth it.

Who else do you guys want to meet from the world of comic books and graphic novels?

me personally i would like to meet Alan Moore or Alex Ross, Grant Morrison.

Totally agree.

I met David Lloyd. He was a great and chatty guest. He signed for free and drew a detailed sketch of the Vendetta mask for £7.

Did the gold pass allow you to join queues for author signings? As I had gold and was sent away.

I read somewhere that anyone with a non-YALC pass could access YALC after 11am - what time did you go? I queued around 2pm on Sunday for Ben Aaronovitch's auto (with a Gold Pass, but no-one asked to see it) and had no issues. If you did try after 11am, it's possible they wanted to get as many YALC attendees through as possible before allowing non-YALC people into the queue so made a judgement call on the day to delay access.