Latest Guest Announcement - MICHAEL J. FOX

Superb news getting the legend that is Michael J Fox. He deserves praise for coming and doing this event due to his health but can't say i'm surprized as he still keeps working, never complains amd treats people nicely whenever he meets them.Did his book signing some time ago he was great fun, smiled and laughed all day. Hope he enjoys london as much as we'll enjoy him. So pleased with the prices too. spot on Showmasters and well done Jason.last year Stan Lee, this year MJF. great job.

Edited by loveamyadams
  • Like 2

A truly fantastic announcement (for those who can afford it!!) As an autograph collector I am still smarting from this. Having the once in a lifetime chance to meet a guest of Michael's caliber and then to be told it will cost me £445 is quite frankly unacceptable to me. Why is it that there are SO many photo shoot options and only the one autograph package? I can appreciate that Michael would find signing umpteen hundreds of photos etc almost impossible so why isn't there a more affordable option for us autograph collectors? My fiancee has been able to secure a photo shoot at the cost of £85 which is great. Unfortunately I have been priced out of what would have been a great experience which would have stayed with me for years to come :no:

Now don't get me wrong, I am not knocking SM and I consider myself to be one of the shows biggest and long serving supporters. All I am asking is that you give the autograph collector a fair chance of meeting future guests of Michael J Fox's stature by offering a more affordable package. A limited number of pre-order autograph tickets would be good as per Jeri Ryan a few years ago which seemed to work very well :thumbup:

Are you forgetting the limitations of the man himself? He has Parkinson's, which means his ability to sign autographs will be limited, hence why only a few have been agreed, and only for those on the diamond pass. Photoshoots will be easier dor him to manage.

Whilst I appreciate that a lot of auto hunters will be disappointed to miss out, I think he should be lauded for the fact that he is doing this at all.

Hmm, did you not bother to read the post then? Like I said, I can appreciate his illness and it would be unreasonable to expect Michael to sign autographs for hours on end during the weekend! What I am trying to highlight here is the lack of affordable autograph packages for autograph collectors. Not everyone attends these shows for the photo shoots. I will miss out on meeting Michael due to this fact :BRUISED:

No, I did read the post. I was merely expressing my view that SM will have managed to get him to agree to do the most he feels able.

I get what you mean about more affordable packages, and to be honest I thought I would be priced out of even a photoshoot for this. Correct me if I am wrong, but are you inferring that maybe Michael could have been asked to sign some autographs before coming, in his own time, which could then be sold to collectors for a more reasonable price?

As for being given a fair chance to meet guests of Michael's calibre in future, including more affordable autograph packages; I am sure that SM will do this, however those guests will not likely have the same physical limitations as Michael.

This sounds like a great idea. You just know it won't happen though.

A truly fantastic announcement (for those who can afford it!!) As an autograph collector I am still smarting from this. Having the once in a lifetime chance to meet a guest of Michael's caliber and then to be told it will cost me £445 is quite frankly unacceptable to me. Why is it that there are SO many photo shoot options and only the one autograph package? I can appreciate that Michael would find signing umpteen hundreds of photos etc almost impossible so why isn't there a more affordable option for us autograph collectors? My fiancee has been able to secure a photo shoot at the cost of £85 which is great. Unfortunately I have been priced out of what would have been a great experience which would have stayed with me for years to come :no:

Now don't get me wrong, I am not knocking SM and I consider myself to be one of the shows biggest and long serving supporters. All I am asking is that you give the autograph collector a fair chance of meeting future guests of Michael J Fox's stature by offering a more affordable package. A limited number of pre-order autograph tickets would be good as per Jeri Ryan a few years ago which seemed to work very well :thumbup:

Are you forgetting the limitations of the man himself? He has Parkinson's, which means his ability to sign autographs will be limited, hence why only a few have been agreed, and only for those on the diamond pass. Photoshoots will be easier dor him to manage.

Whilst I appreciate that a lot of auto hunters will be disappointed to miss out, I think he should be lauded for the fact that he is doing this at all.

Hmm, did you not bother to read the post then? Like I said, I can appreciate his illness and it would be unreasonable to expect Michael to sign autographs for hours on end during the weekend! What I am trying to highlight here is the lack of affordable autograph packages for autograph collectors. Not everyone attends these shows for the photo shoots. I will miss out on meeting Michael due to this fact :BRUISED:

No, I did read the post. I was merely expressing my view that SM will have managed to get him to agree to do the most he feels able.

I get what you mean about more affordable packages, and to be honest I thought I would be priced out of even a photoshoot for this. Correct me if I am wrong, but are you inferring that maybe Michael could have been asked to sign some autographs before coming, in his own time, which could then be sold to collectors for a more reasonable price?

As for being given a fair chance to meet guests of Michael's calibre in future, including more affordable autograph packages; I am sure that SM will do this, however those guests will not likely have the same physical limitations as Michael.

This sounds like a great idea. You just know it won't happen though.

I know it wont happen. I wasn't saying it would/should, just trying to clarify if that is what THE WOLF was alluding to in his post :smile:

No, this won't happen. Jason has already stated that the deal was agreed upon, once tickets are gone that's it etc. If this option was on the cards it would have been announced right away, as for example with the pre-signed prints at Sherlocked.

^ What QS said ^ :smile:

I think that, while prices need to be kept low in general, you sometimes get a guest who is huge who unexpectedly agrees to come. Surely it is better that SM offer the chance to get your stuff at £445, than say "thanks, but no thanks" to the person, which stops the people who would pay that from meeting him.

MJF can probably only sign a couple of hundred auto's a day (maybe not even that many). He's also not going to come over for a few grand. I've taken issue with many prices in the past (usually privately as I don't believe that people prepared to pay should be stopped!), but I actually think that this price is pretty fair considering the level of the guest and the physical limitations from which he suffers. We should also bear in mind that I am sure a large % of this money will end up with the MJF foundation.

I've always had a £250 limit on auto/photo combo's with a list of around 3 exceptions. MJF was top of that list for me, so I am very pleased indeed!

• Like 8

Agree with all of the above. I don't think the price for the diamond pass or the limitation on signings here is unreasonable. The diamond pass is just out of my price range. I totally get why the cost is what it is, and why he can only sign limited quantities.

My initial reaction was indeed one of disappointment, as I really don't like photoshoots. But after a couple of hours of deliberation, I realised this guest was worth it and bought a PS anyway. So ultimately I'm just happy I'll get to meet him, as that's always the most important part of doing these events :)

• Like 4

Well done Showmasters for securing this guest but I'm very disappointed that the initial announcement was a bit misleading. MJF was the first name that came to my mind but the line that stated it wasn't going to be who we all thought made me dream bigger!

The photo ops are a reasonable price I'd say but the HUGE £445 price tag for the chance of an autograph is a bit rich for most people. Makes me worry for the future as bigger guests are booked, is the sky the limit when it comes to putting a price on meeting them?

I guess it's only worth what we are willing to pay but for some people it's not a case of willing, it's a case of having the money. For me, meeting someone like Sigourney Weaver would be worth £445 plus, but I couldn't get that sort of cash together in 7 days, especially not before pay day!

Hope everyone who was in, got!

Understandable that the price would be limiting for some, but the £445 is for so much more than just an autograph. If you go back to the first post, there are lots of things tied in with it over the weekend that, I think, definitely make it worth the cost. Just wish I could have managed to get one!

When I go to the supermarket and buy my weekly shopping and I see the sign "buy 3 for the price of 2" I end up coming home with 3 of everything and really I only wanted 1! What I'm trying to say is that for the £445 you're not really getting 'so much more than the autograph'; it is basically the cost of the photo with & autograph to a large extent. You can understand why SM have packaged it this way though as I'm sure MJF must be limited in the number of autographs he could do over the course of a few days. I ended up buying the diamond pass and much like my weekly shopping I'll end up with things I don't want but I will be pleased to meet MJF.

The prices of packages to meet guests at events (not specifically SM) has gone stratospheric and therefore because of the inflated cost of Stallone, Pacino & Schwarzenegger to name a few I've seen at various 'events' it would be easy to convince yourself that you're getting a comparative good deal with MJF. However even taking the MJF cost on its own terms I think what Jason and SM have done there is still actually relatively fair. ~£95 is bordering on too expensive for a photo with but I think it is still fair. ~£345 (£445 less the photo with cost, lets forget about the other added extras) is very expensive for an autograph, I'd say far too expensive but I am assuming it has been packaged this way as MJF is limited to the number of autographs he is able to do because of his illness whereas the photos with are a much less demanding activity for him.

I do think that Jason and the SM team should be applauded for what they've done with the event for 2015 and the guests especially MJF. I just hope that we don't see e.g. Stallone et al. at the LFCC in the future in a secluded room charging ~£200 for a photo with and ~£1,000 for a diamond package that gives you photo with, autograph and a lot of other nonsense that nobody really cares for. Jason mentioned 'fair' in his initial big guest announcement post and I think they've done that with MJF, I just hope going forward that continues to be the case.

• Like 4

Well done Showmasters for securing this guest but I'm very disappointed that the initial announcement was a bit misleading. MJF was the first name that came to my mind but the line that stated it wasn't going to be who we all thought made me dream bigger!

The photo ops are a reasonable price I'd say but the HUGE £445 price tag for the chance of an autograph is a bit rich for most people. Makes me worry for the future as bigger guests are booked, is the sky the limit when it comes to putting a price on meeting them?

I guess it's only worth what we are willing to pay but for some people it's not a case of willing, it's a case of having the money. For me, meeting someone like Sigourney Weaver would be worth £445 plus, but I couldn't get that sort of cash together in 7 days, especially not before pay day!

Hope everyone who was in, got!

Understandable that the price would be limiting for some, but the £445 is for so much more than just an autograph. If you go back to the first post, there are lots of things tied in with it over the weekend that, I think, definitely make it worth the cost. Just wish I could have managed to get one!

When I go to the supermarket and buy my weekly shopping and I see the sign "buy 3 for the price of 2" I end up coming home with 3 of everything and really I only wanted 1! What I'm trying to say is that for the £445 you're not really getting 'so much more than the autograph'; it is basically the cost of the photo with & autograph to a large extent. You can understand why SM have packaged it this way though as I'm sure MJF must be limited in the number of autographs he could do over the course of a few days. I ended up buying the diamond pass and much like my weekly shopping I'll end up with things I don't want but I will be pleased to meet MJF.

The prices of packages to meet guests at events (not specifically SM) has gone stratospheric and therefore because of the inflated cost of Stallone, Pacino & Schwarzenegger to name a few I've seen at various 'events' it would be easy to convince yourself that you're getting a comparative good deal with MJF. However even taking the MJF cost on its own terms I think what Jason and SM have done there is still actually relatively fair. ~£95 is bordering on too expensive for a photo with but I think it is still fair. ~£345 (£445 less the photo with cost, lets forget about the other added extras) is very expensive for an autograph, I'd say far too expensive but I am assuming it has been packaged this way as MJF is limited to the number of autographs he is able to do because of his illness whereas the photos with are a much less demanding activity for him.

I do think that Jason and the SM team should be applauded for what they've done with the event for 2015 and the guests especially MJF. I just hope that we don't see e.g. Stallone et al. at the LFCC in the future in a secluded room charging ~£200 for a photo with and ~£1,000 for a diamond package that gives you photo with, autograph and a lot of other nonsense that nobody really cares for. Jason mentioned 'fair' in his initial big guest announcement post and I think they've done that with MJF, I just hope going forward that continues to be the case.

I agree. The diamond package includes things I wouldn't have got anyway and then I had to buy the Delorean photo shoot too. I have essentially paid the full cost of the Diamond package just for the autograph. My dream is to have a BTTF movie poster signed and framed in my living room. That to me is worth the total cost of the Diamond package, so I'm happy.

• Like 1

Firstly, this is an amazing announcement - thank you so much!

Secondly, my wife is also amazing, and has bought me a disamond pass - thank you so much too!

Lastly, I can only attend on the Sunday, which is fine as I note that the Diamond pass covers all 3 days things, but my question is, if (and I hope this doesn't happen) Michael is unable to continue signing, or the con has been overly tiring etc, how does it work with regards to the pass?

I'm not envisaging that this will happen, as I know the whole purpose of the diamond passes was to take into account the reasonable amount of signings and other activities that Michael could reasonably do etc.

I'm obviously only looking at the worst case scenario, but as the ticket cost is considerable, I was just hoping for some reassurance. I know that we are not likely to be told how many diamond passes (and therefore how many autographs) will be sold/signed but I was wondering whether it will be split to only signing so many per day? So in efefct, how does it work if we all choose to collect our autograph on the same day?

And lastly lastly, I note we do not need VQ tickets as the Diamonds will be called up in batches, but does this mean that you can still go up anytime after your Diamond number has been called (like VQ's) or do you have to go up in your number group? If I have a low number Diamond, called up on Friday or Saturday, how would that leave me when I rack up on the Sunday if that number group had already been called?

Probably silly questions, but thanks for your patience!

While he is limited, I feel that to have to choose between an 8 x 10 or another one for poster, I will feel slightly disappointed. Great guest to get though

I know what you mean. However if they allowed 2 auto's per diamond pass then they'd have to sell less, and probably charge £600-700 for the ones they did sell!

Thank you SM for making my life complete!!! This really is the best announcement in all the years I've attended events.

I was lucky enough to meet Michael briefly at a taping of Spin City in 1999. He signed a BTTF item for me and personalised it, which was an amazing moment for me in my very early 20s. The item is still framed and on my wall in the house. I'm so pleased I can have another chance to meet my childhood hero.

The diamond pass is worth every penny.

Is there any chance you were at Collectormania MK in 2008? I queued for a photo with Lea Thompson with a lady who has a very similar story to yours!

It's fantastic that Michael J. Fox is able to attend this years LFCC and also that hopefully a lot of money will be raised for his charity to combat Parkinsons Disease.

I was already looking forward to July, but with the added bonus of a pic with Michael and the Delorean on the cards as well , I think this might just be the best LFCC yet.

• Like 2

Thank you SM for making my life complete!!! This really is the best announcement in all the years I've attended events.

I was lucky enough to meet Michael briefly at a taping of Spin City in 1999. He signed a BTTF item for me and personalised it, which was an amazing moment for me in my very early 20s. The item is still framed and on my wall in the house. I'm so pleased I can have another chance to meet my childhood hero.

The diamond pass is worth every penny.

Is there any chance you were at Collectormania MK in 2008? I queued for a photo with Lea Thompson with a lady who has a very similar story to yours!

Hi there. That's really interesting. No, I didn't go to CMK in 2008.

It was a great experience going to the taping in New York. Michael came up to the audience for several minutes during the break. He was really chatty and funny too. I didn't get the chance to have a photo taken with him, but getting the personalised auto was really special. I met a few other members of the cast, once the rest of the audience had left. Barry Bostwick was also really nice and happy to chat for a while.

• Like 1

Agree with all of the above. I don't think the price for the diamond pass or the limitation on signings here is unreasonable. The diamond pass is just out of my price range. I totally get why the cost is what it is, and why he can only sign limited quantities.

My initial reaction was indeed one of disappointment, as I really don't like photoshoots. But after a couple of hours of deliberation, I realised this guest was worth it and bought a PS anyway. So ultimately I'm just happy I'll get to meet him, as that's always the most important part of doing these events :)

That's not what the wolf is saying - he just wants a fair chance to get an autograph with Michael for instance. This announcement is brilliant and a real cou, however, it does seem to have priced out a lot of people. The price is unreasonable if you just want the autograph. I agree that with his illness, he would only be able to sign for a short time anyway but it would have been nice to be in with a chance of affording to meet him.

There seems to be a lot of rich people with lots of money to spend on here and good luck to them, hopefully, as The wolf says, the next time an actor is announced as a diamond pass, us poorer individuals will get a chance of buying it.

• Like 2