Latest Guest Announcement - MICHAEL J. FOX

Other great films (and there's so many to choose from) are Greedy and The Hard Way... I can guarantee that they're just another couple of films that will make you smile and laugh out loud...

And like a few others agree, when you watch Frighteners you will definitely love it.

The one problem with Michael's films is that you forget just how good they really are. :clap:

Incidently something else to think about, how many have read the books he's written? (something else to talk about)

I've read all three of his books and they are very compelling reads. I laughed, cried and was inspired by what he has achieved in his life. Some of which I could relate to. If anyone hasn't read them I would definitely recommend.

• Like 1

I'm sorry in advance to lower the tone, but QS and SM, the same person has listed their MJF photo shoot on eBay again, and I think it needs your attention.

Now, back to the important stuff: His books are so good, I really take my hat off to him for everything he's accomplished

• Like 1

I've read his three books and have two on audio also. They're great to have on in the car and they're read by Michael himself. Lucky Man is my favourite. A must read!

I wanted to get the books on audio to hear him tell his stories, thought it would be a cool spin on them. Might need to purchase.

• Like 1

I'm too shy to start a thread for this question (and scared of being shouted at for it too!! Though from what i've seen this forum is full of nice people so i should be ok!!)

The BTTF talk - i read someone say that talks just take place around the edge of the floor... but that doesn't sound right, so as there have been 10 batches sold for the talk it sounds like it needs a big place, so has there ever been talks at the comiccon held in this auditorium that is technically in the same building?

http://www.olympia.co.uk/organising/olympia-venues/olympia-conference-centre

Do you think it might be in there? I know people said that the itinerary will be released about a week before - but i'm away that week and wont have much internet so am picturing myself panicking about it all!! I only get back the night before i go to london for MJF :)

And re talks - is seating first come first served, or do you get took in in batch numbers? I'm batch 5 of 10, so will i deffo not be stuck at the back?! Soooo many (pointless) questions!!!! sorry! :blush:

And re MJF recommendations - i'd recommend everything!!!!! :clap:

But as much as i love everything, i guess personal long lasting faves that i watch most often are the Frighteners (absolutely wonderful film, maybe his best work outside BTTF), Spin City (i guess you guys loved the Chris Lloyd ep the best?), Secret of my success (for childhood crush reasons!), Family Ties (again for childhood reasons!), and i really enjoyed the unsuccessful "life with mikey" also called "give us a break" (the boy in that is currently in the good wife with mjf! but they haven't shared any scenes), greedy is great too, and i don't watch it much due to the subject but he was incredible in casualties of war..

High School USA was one i watched a lot as a kid, not a great film but he's lovely in it - and Crispin Glover is in it with him too pre BTTF (he was in a family Ties ep as well... small world Hollywood!). I've got everything he's done, and once the comiccon is over and my stress has returned to normal (!) i'll do an MJF-a-thon i think, haven't done that for years - where you watch everything in order (spread over say a year, not a week, i'm not that crazy! Though i did watch all 3 BTTFs back to back on the 20th anniversary of me first seeing it, which i guess would be 10 years ago now :)

Edited by MartyMcFly85
  • Like 4

I'm too shy to start a thread for this question (and scared of being shouted at for it too!! Though from what i've seen this forum is full of nice people so i should be ok!!)

The BTTF talk - i read someone say that talks just take place around the edge of the floor... but that doesn't sound right, so as there have been 10 batches sold for the talk it sounds like it needs a big place, so has there ever been talks at the comiccon held in this auditorium that is technically in the same building?

Do you think it might be in there? I know people said that the itinerary will be released about a week before - but i'm away that week and wont have much internet so am picturing myself panicking about it all!! I only get back the night before i go to london for MJF :)

And re talks - is seating first come first served, or do you get took in in batch numbers? I'm batch 5 of 10, so will i deffo not be stuck at the back?! Soooo many (pointless) questions!!!! sorry! :blush:

This is the first time that the Summer LFCC has been held at Olympia, so to be honest we're not really sure where anything will be. When the Winter show was held there it was all in one room with an area sectioned off for the talks but the Summer show is much bigger so I imagine they will be in a seperate area.

Last year at Earl's Court there were 2 halls used and half of one of them was used as a massive stage area for the talks (although the sound was terrible) so I'd expect it to be a fairly large this year too.

But really, as you say, we won't get this kind of info until a week or so before the show.

• Like 1

This is the first time that the Summer LFCC has been held at Olympia, so to be honest we're not really sure where anything will be. When the Winter show was held there it was all in one room with an area sectioned off for the talks but the Summer show is much bigger so I imagine they will be in a seperate area.

Last year at Earl's Court there were 2 halls used and half of one of them was used as a massive stage area for the talks (although the sound was terrible) so I'd expect it to be a fairly large this year too.

But really, as you say, we won't get this kind of info until a week or so before the show.

The summer LFCC 2012 was in Olympia as well, with stalls/guests/talks in the front and more guests in the back.

The biggest talk area was on the side, but sound was pretty bad.

The summer LFCC 2012 was in Olympia as well, with stalls/guests/talks in the front and more guests in the back.

The biggest talk area was on the side, but sound was pretty bad.

Fair enough, I wasn't going to the shows back then but had been led to believe this was the first time. From what I understand this year they are taking over more than just the main hall so I imagine the main talk area will be in a seperate part. Especially if it's the same size as last year as it would take up most of the main hall in Olympia! Edited by Wrong Name

I imagine - stress the "I imagine" part cause what Wrong Name says is right - there'll be something similar this year to the LFACC Super Stage which was introduced last year. That would probably mean a huge part of one hall - if not one complete hall - being set aside as a stage.

I have a question regarding Michael J Fox , I believe that a ticket for the diamond passes will be posted through to people address how long should we wait before panicking about not recieving it sorry if this has been addressed before but i so dont want to mess this oppitunity up - i placed my order on the 17 th of April , thank you x

I'm sorry in advance to lower the tone, but QS and SM, the same person has listed their MJF photo shoot on eBay again, and I think it needs your attention.

Now, back to the important stuff: His books are so good, I really take my hat off to him for everything he's accomplished

MJF and now Lea Thompson tickets on EBAY.... What a joker How much? SM please Exterminate these Greedy people.... If your gonna sell it, then sell it at face value and no more... :no:

• Like 2

Hi all,

HELP... I bought my MJF Diamond Pass (Batch 2) on 19th April, but haven't received anything yet... When should I expect it? It's been a month already, so surely I should have received it by now...

Also, after I bought my Batch 2 pass and noticing that more Batch 1s had been released for sale a few weeks after, I emailed Showmasters on 1st May to change mine to a Batch 1, but no response yet... Can anyone tell me the best way of reaching someone for an answer, please? Surely it can't be right that I've purchased first, and someone is able to come in after, buy a Batch 1 and effectively jump the queue?!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, C

The only difference in batches is the time you're called for your photo, which in some instances may only be a matter of minutes, so can't see why it would be a big problem? In regards to seating in talks, diamond passes get priority but that's first come first served anyway

It really winds me up. SM are good at getting them removed though. Ultimately whoever bids and wins before it's taken down are at risk of losing money, but people will always try it on

Can't believe he is selling them at £400 a ticket! I messaged him asking if he claimed to be a big fan why isn't he selling them at face value.

• Like 2

Hi all,

HELP... I bought my MJF Diamond Pass (Batch 2) on 19th April, but haven't received anything yet... When should I expect it? It's been a month already, so surely I should have received it by now...

Also, after I bought my Batch 2 pass and noticing that more Batch 1s had been released for sale a few weeks after, I emailed Showmasters on 1st May to change mine to a Batch 1, but no response yet... Can anyone tell me the best way of reaching someone for an answer, please? Surely it can't be right that I've purchased first, and someone is able to come in after, buy a Batch 1 and effectively jump the queue?!

Thanks, C

Diamond Passesa are still physically mailed. You'll get them in plenty of time before the show, but there is no set date.

There's definitely not been additional batch 1 tickets released. You must have been looking at a different listing.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thanks, C

Diamond Passesa are still physically mailed. You'll get them in plenty of time before the show, but there is no set date.

There's definitely not been additional batch 1 tickets released. You must have been looking at a different listing.

Hi QS, thanks for taking the time to clarify re: receiving the pass. It's set my mind at ease.

However, there were definitely more Batch 1s listed for MJF after I'd purchased my Batch 2 Diamond Pass. I'm 100% sure of this, and this was mentioned by others too on this very thread.

Regardless, I look forward receiving a reply to my query from Showmasters - and am SO EXCITED to be meeting a genuine childhood hero!! :-D