Latest Guest Announcement - MICHAEL J. FOX

There will be a schedule for the photosessions. From the time that photoshoot begins the tickets are called in batch order.

You can buy other photosessions on the day, but they may sell out online. Although photoshoots can clash I can't see him and Michael being scheduled at the same time - that would cause a mad dash from area to area by way too many people.

Do you just want photos or autographs too? Chris is signing without Diamond Pass too.

^ thanks! I'm just a bit nervous about it all! I'm in batch 4 for the delorean MJF shoot, do they never "run out of time" and refund you? (You can't tell i'm nervous at all can you!)

I didnt know Chris was doing a signing - is that Sunday? Though i think if i had to pick, with missing an MJF autograph id prob just do the photo with Chris if i got chance to do one :)

This may sound a ridiculous question (!) - although i know you can't use your own camera with the guests, can you still take one in? And a handbag/small bag? Or is it all bagless entry etc?! (There, i said it was a stupid question!!)

• Moderators

If you have a ticket for a shoot and turn up at the photo area before that particular photoshoot has ended, you are 99.999999999999% going to get your photo. (I've never known anyone to not get their pic done if they were there at the correct time. I've known people turn up an hour after the guest has left the photo area and be surprised that they can't still get their photo but...)

Chris is signing all weekend.

The convention in general you can carry more or less what you want around (within reason of course on safety grounds). In the photoshoot area you will be asked to put everything down on a 'bag drop' table on your way in, and you will pick it up again (along with the photo) on your way back out.

• Showmasters Admin

A truly fantastic announcement (for those who can afford it!!) As an autograph collector I am still smarting from this. Having the once in a lifetime chance to meet a guest of Michael's caliber and then to be told it will cost me £445 is quite frankly unacceptable to me. Why is it that there are SO many photo shoot options and only the one autograph package? I can appreciate that Michael would find signing umpteen hundreds of photos etc almost impossible so why isn't there a more affordable option for us autograph collectors? My fiancee has been able to secure a photo shoot at the cost of £85 which is great. Unfortunately I have been priced out of what would have been a great experience which would have stayed with me for years to come :no:

Now don't get me wrong, I am not knocking SM and I consider myself to be one of the shows biggest and long serving supporters. All I am asking is that you give the autograph collector a fair chance of meeting future guests of Michael J Fox's stature by offering a more affordable package. A limited number of pre-order autograph tickets would be good as per Jeri Ryan a few years ago which seemed to work very well :thumbup:

Well i think we all can understand why this guest cannot sign for long hours, so the agreement with his people is that there would be a very limited short signing times over the weekend , this is the only chance most people will ever have to meet him and thats all we can do is make the chance a possibility and that chance dose have a cost behind it , in life everything has a cost this chance costs this , if its important enuff to some of you then you will make it happen , its hard i know when money is tight , but i think its important to remember that these things are a luxury item and its not something that you have to have to live , so if you have the money then its your choice to buy them or not , and also what ever you do buy it also has a value as these autographs have a value as to your photo with that is priceless as if you did not get one then you most likely may never get another chance , all i can say is we can do our best to make the chance available the rest is down to the importance it is to yourself.

At the end of the day its in our interest to be able to offer you all as much as we can as that way it helps us cover what our investment in getting the guests to appear , if we could offer more autographs then we would , in this case we cannot what we have made available it all that there is to be made available , and i can also say this its very unlikely in my opinion to ever happen again especially in europe.

Jason

• Showmasters Admin

I've bought two photoshoot tickets, was gonna give one to my sister.

I have entry tickets, my sister does not. Went to the store Saturday entry sold out!

If I get a Sunday entry for my sister will she be ok using the photo ticket on the Sunday ???

Just also thinking what happens if you bought a diamond ticket for this & now the Saturday entry tickets are sold out, would you still be allowed in ????

more tickets are on sale now for the Sat so all is good :-)

• Showmasters Admin

A truly fantastic announcement (for those who can afford it!!) As an autograph collector I am still smarting from this. Having the once in a lifetime chance to meet a guest of Michael's caliber and then to be told it will cost me £445 is quite frankly unacceptable to me. Why is it that there are SO many photo shoot options and only the one autograph package? I can appreciate that Michael would find signing umpteen hundreds of photos etc almost impossible so why isn't there a more affordable option for us autograph collectors? My fiancee has been able to secure a photo shoot at the cost of £85 which is great. Unfortunately I have been priced out of what would have been a great experience which would have stayed with me for years to come :no:

Now don't get me wrong, I am not knocking SM and I consider myself to be one of the shows biggest and long serving supporters. All I am asking is that you give the autograph collector a fair chance of meeting future guests of Michael J Fox's stature by offering a more affordable package. A limited number of pre-order autograph tickets would be good as per Jeri Ryan a few years ago which seemed to work very well :thumbup:

Are you forgetting the limitations of the man himself? He has Parkinson's, which means his ability to sign autographs will be limited, hence why only a few have been agreed, and only for those on the diamond pass. Photoshoots will be easier dor him to manage.

Whilst I appreciate that a lot of auto hunters will be disappointed to miss out, I think he should be lauded for the fact that he is doing this at all.

Hmm, did you not bother to read the post then? Like I said, I can appreciate his illness and it would be unreasonable to expect Michael to sign autographs for hours on end during the weekend! What I am trying to highlight here is the lack of affordable autograph packages for autograph collectors. Not everyone attends these shows for the photo shoots. I will miss out on meeting Michael due to this fact :BRUISED:

no you will miss out due to Michael being unwell , we provide what we can , he is doing the same , there is a chance if you can work out a way to cover the cost of the ticket , thats all anyone can do.

i will also point out there are people coming form the US to get there things signed and meet him and there costs are a lot more than others with flights , this hobby like all hobbies do cost money sorry .

Jason

• Like 1

^ Thank you :)

You guys are a friendly bunch!

I can't wait now! I've seen and loved everything MJF has done for 30 years, to meet him is just something i never ever thought i'd get the chance to do! :)

Im so happy for you meeting MJF I can see how much it means to you! I hope you have a fantastic experience :smile:

• Showmasters Admin

Agree with all of the above. I don't think the price for the diamond pass or the limitation on signings here is unreasonable. The diamond pass is just out of my price range. I totally get why the cost is what it is, and why he can only sign limited quantities.

My initial reaction was indeed one of disappointment, as I really don't like photoshoots. But after a couple of hours of deliberation, I realised this guest was worth it and bought a PS anyway. So ultimately I'm just happy I'll get to meet him, as that's always the most important part of doing these events :)

That's not what the wolf is saying - he just wants a fair chance to get an autograph with Michael for instance. This announcement is brilliant and a real cou, however, it does seem to have priced out a lot of people. The price is unreasonable if you just want the autograph. I agree that with his illness, he would only be able to sign for a short time anyway but it would have been nice to be in with a chance of affording to meet him.

There seems to be a lot of rich people with lots of money to spend on here and good luck to them, hopefully, as The wolf says, the next time an actor is announced as a diamond pass, us poorer individuals will get a chance of buying it.

Things have a cost in life thats the end of it , if you want something that much you can make it happen , i know someone that is a collector and has gotten many autographs from outside theatres in london , this person dose not earn much money but has worked very hard hang out late at night to get autographs off guest , this person also knows that the chance to meet MJF is a once in a lift time chance so this person told me that they want it so much they are selling off a few rare items to be abel to buy this diamond pass , so its tuff i understand that totally but if you really went to get one and its that important there is ways for people to buy one , yes £450 is a lot of money , but no one is making anyone buy anything its your choice and it is achievable to get this together if you really really want one.

If it was a Aston Martin at £200,000 i understand that is not posable to get that together , and i too want to ask them to do them for a more affordable price as i want one :-) maybe they can do it for £20K :-) i can get that together , but i do not have to have one and these things have a price and if i want one then i have to come up with £200K or understand i cannot have one.

Well there are a few of my thoughts, we do our best here to provide a good experience and to be able to have the chance to meet some amazing guests i have to say that lots of tickets have sold for this guest at its going to sell out so the price dose seem to work for many fans out there.

talk soon

jason

• Like 3

• Showmasters Admin

ok i have responded to a few of the posts here and i have tidied up this thread as i do not want it getting into a conversation of pricing in a guest thread as that is a little unfair , so lets get this thread back on track and my last word on this is the price is the price and its the best we can do , i know we all here are so much looking forward to meeting Michel J Fox :dance::dance:

Jason

• Like 4

ok i have responded to a few of the posts here and i have tidied up this thread as i do not want it getting into a conversation of pricing in a guest thread as that is a little unfair , so lets get this thread back on track and my last word on this is the price is the price and its the best we can do , i know we all here are so much looking forward to meeting Michel J Fox :dance::dance:

Jason

hi I sent a message on the other page was wondering if I am able to get a refund on the mj fox PIC so I can afford to get the diamond hope you can make this happen plz
  • Like 1

Ecstatic about having booked the MJ Fox And Christopher Lloyd Delorean photoshoot, in a perfect world I would have love to get the option to mix both tickets and get Doc and Marty on the same pictures, but I guess this won't happen....

• Like 1

Love the post when someone suggested i'm 'rich' because i bought a diamond pass and i'm not one of the 'normal' collectors. Actually i drive a fork lift in a warehouse and live in a council house but i work for a living , do loads of overtime for extras, save my money after bills , don't blow it on tattoos or too much booze or fags and this year taking a holiday to Italy instead of the US and you know what...i had the money saved and more as 4 months ago Showmasters said they were planning on getting guests at a higher level for this summers event and got myself prepared. who knew working hard and being organised could pay off.

Edited by loveamyadams
  • Like 13

Well said. No one knows any one else's situation and it's none of their business. I am trying to work out how to afford it and the logistics but really want to get a diamond pass. Not sure what to get signed, think a poster would be awesome but at the same time they are fiddly to carry. Another option is a photo the next size up from a 10*8 and get all to sign. Any suggestions would be great

Thanks colin

i had the money saved and more as 4 months ago Showmasters said they were planning on getting guests at a higher level for this summers event and got myself prepared. who knew working hard and being organised could pay off.

This is one thing I do have to agree with. I'll try to keep this short and sweet as like Jason I don't think this should be a thread about his price. Showmasters did give us fair warning about the Diamond Packages giving people chance to save over the months. I also think that when we found out the Diamond prices for Robert Englund and Christopher Lloyd (2 guests that have come over in the past) it gave everyone a sort of base line to what to expect for a fresh name.

I'm chuffed that MJF is coming over and that he has agreed to do this. It's a fantastic opportunity to meet him. The price is what it is for a reason. I don't know if anything has sold out for him yet but it looks like various ticket options are still available giving people a little time to shift money around.

• Like 2

Jason

hi I sent a message on the other page was wondering if I am able to get a refund on the mj fox PIC so I can afford to get the diamond hope you can make this happen plz

You'd be best off emailing the shop to see if an upgrade is possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Jason

Jason had said somewhere that upgrading would be possible as long as Diamond Passes are sold out unless my last brain cells have died. :lol: But you really need to contact the shop about this, this is nothing that can be done on the forum.

Will Micheal be there on the Friday? If so what will he be doing if it's not photo shoots? I have a diamond pass plus a Saturday and Sunday ticket but not sure if it's worth getting a Friday ticket too.

He's there and signing, but not doing photos. This is already added in the first post.

Hi Jason

How do I go about getting the correct T Shirt size with our diamond passes mate ?

I've asked about this. But right now it's the weekend and the office is not working. So please bear with me until Monday.

Hi

Frustratingly the Fifth batch of the delorean Michael j fox photoshoot for Saturday sold out while i was placing the order.

Will you be releasing a sixth batch of the delorean photo shoot for Saturday or a fifth batch for Sunday?

hoping for a quick reply as need to order something so i can meet him

thanks

Hi

Frustratingly the Fifth batch of the delorean Michael j fox photoshoot for Saturday sold out while i was placing the order.

Will you be releasing a sixth batch of the delorean photo shoot for Saturday or a fifth batch for Sunday?

thanks

EDIT: I've managed to reach someone. Batch 5 being sold out means no more will be added. So keep checking back for Sunday. I don't have a timeframe though.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Hi

thanks

EDIT: I've managed to reach someone. Batch 5 being sold out means no more will be added. So keep checking back for Sunday. I don't have a timeframe though.

okay, i keep checking, thank you. i can't believe it sold out while i was making my choices of what to book. sigh....

BTTF means so much to me, i am praying for a fifth delorean shoot for sunday.