Latest Guest Announcement - MICHAEL J. FOX

Agree with all of the above. I don't think the price for the diamond pass or the limitation on signings here is unreasonable. The diamond pass is just out of my price range. I totally get why the cost is what it is, and why he can only sign limited quantities.

My initial reaction was indeed one of disappointment, as I really don't like photoshoots. But after a couple of hours of deliberation, I realised this guest was worth it and bought a PS anyway. So ultimately I'm just happy I'll get to meet him, as that's always the most important part of doing these events :)

That's not what the wolf is saying - he just wants a fair chance to get an autograph with Michael for instance. This announcement is brilliant and a real cou, however, it does seem to have priced out a lot of people. The price is unreasonable if you just want the autograph. I agree that with his illness, he would only be able to sign for a short time anyway but it would have been nice to be in with a chance of affording to meet him.

There seems to be a lot of rich people with lots of money to spend on here and good luck to them, hopefully, as The wolf says, the next time an actor is announced as a diamond pass, us poorer individuals will get a chance of buying it.

well said was surprised how much would've been better if it was near 200 mark then fare enough
  • Like 1

Shame no separate autographs for him would have been great even just a few maybe £100- £200 would've been a bargain real shame hopefully he comes again

SM have already said that this is it - in the initial post from last week.

Absolutely blown away by MJF attending LFACC. As others have already said, its one of my dreams to meet him.

£445 completely prices me out unfortunately and whilst I completely understand and respect that the autographs need ro be limited, it does seem excessively high. As do the photo shoot costs.

Saying that, I have brought a photoshoot as I feel its a once in a life time opportunity...I am beyond excited about the meeting but feeling slightly stunned that it's that much money.

I understand the need for DP after what happened with Stan Lee, but I hope that this is not the beginning of the end for normal fans with anormal amount of money to spend on their hobbies....as I certainly wouldn't be able to do this on a yearly basis even if another one of my most want to meet people were announced.....

This is a one off for me and as I said its amazing, but I also hope due to the extenuating circumstances and the charity aspect that this is a one off for the prices being that high!

• Like 4

If MJF was able to sign a "normal" (ie. 800-1,000) auto's in a day then I'm sure that the diamond pass prices would have been considerably lower. The simple fact is that he can't. That means that his costs (airfares, hotels, food, fee) all have to be covered by a smaller number of people.

• Like 2

Looking Forward to seeing my cast mates and all of you !!!! Bringing my BOARD so make shire to book a photo shoot .Also hopping to do a shoot with Robert ( NICE HEARING FROM YOU CARLOS)

am hoping to get a PIC and auto with u mate u were awesome in nightmare on elm Street

Thank you SM for making my life complete!!! This really is the best announcement in all the years I've attended events.

I was lucky enough to meet Michael briefly at a taping of Spin City in 1999. He signed a BTTF item for me and personalised it, which was an amazing moment for me in my very early 20s. The item is still framed and on my wall in the house. I'm so pleased I can have another chance to meet my childhood hero.

The diamond pass is worth every penny.

Is there any chance you were at Collectormania MK in 2008? I queued for a photo with Lea Thompson with a lady who has a very similar story to yours!

Hi there. That's really interesting. No, I didn't go to CMK in 2008.

It was a great experience going to the taping in New York. Michael came up to the audience for several minutes during the break. He was really chatty and funny too. I didn't get the chance to have a photo taken with him, but getting the personalised auto was really special. I met a few other members of the cast, once the rest of the audience had left. Barry Bostwick was also really nice and happy to chat for a while.

Ah that's so cool! What an amazing experience :D

Hoping someone can help! My sister has just very kindly bought me a delorean photo op for my birthday, obviously the ticket is in her name, but she isn't actually attending herself, so was just going to give me the ticket. This is alright right?! Panicking...slightly...loads

• Like 1

Hoping someone can help! My sister has just very kindly bought me a delorean photo op for my birthday, obviously the ticket is in her name, but she isn't actually attending herself, so was just going to give me the ticket. This is alright right?! Panicking...slightly...loads

i dont think the E-tickets have names printed on them, so just print it out and bring it with you :)

i dont think the E-tickets have names printed on them, so just print it out and bring it with you :)

Just checked, and they do, but as long as the barcode is valid I'm sure I'll be okay :)

Just checked, and they do, but as long as the barcode is valid I'm sure I'll be okay :)

They have names, but it's fine. You're approximately the 20th person to ask today and the rules still haven't changed. :lol:

Can i ask any regulars how this works on the day? I've never been to a comic con before!

I have Sunday tickets, and the normal MJF photo, the delorean MJF photo, and the BTTF talk. Do you get given a set time to queue? Is it in the "batch" order that you booked in (ie 1 to 5 in some cases)? Do you think waiting for a Chris Lloyd photo would clash with waiting for an MJF one - ie do queues for this stuff usually last hours?

(And it opens at 9am... do people start queuing outside the building hours and hours earlier?!)

Just not sure at all how it works! Haven't bought stuff for anyone else as MJF is my no1 priority (gutted i can't make the other days), can you choose to buy others on the day or would you have to book stuff like Chris Lloyd in advance and just hope the queue time doesn't clash with Michael?

Like i said i would happily miss everyone else to get all 3 MJF Sunday things done...! But just wondering how it works :)

Edited by MartyMcFly85