Latest Guest Announcement - MICHAEL J. FOX

I've bought two photoshoot tickets, was gonna give one to my sister.

I have entry tickets, my sister does not. Went to the store Saturday entry sold out!

If I get a Sunday entry for my sister will she be ok using the photo ticket on the Sunday ???

Just also thinking what happens if you bought a diamond ticket for this & now the Saturday entry tickets are sold out, would you still be allowed in ????

A truly fantastic announcement (for those who can afford it!!) As an autograph collector I am still smarting from this. Having the once in a lifetime chance to meet a guest of Michael's caliber and then to be told it will cost me £445 is quite frankly unacceptable to me. Why is it that there are SO many photo shoot options and only the one autograph package? I can appreciate that Michael would find signing umpteen hundreds of photos etc almost impossible so why isn't there a more affordable option for us autograph collectors? My fiancee has been able to secure a photo shoot at the cost of £85 which is great. Unfortunately I have been priced out of what would have been a great experience which would have stayed with me for years to come :no:

Now don't get me wrong, I am not knocking SM and I consider myself to be one of the shows biggest and long serving supporters. All I am asking is that you give the autograph collector a fair chance of meeting future guests of Michael J Fox's stature by offering a more affordable package. A limited number of pre-order autograph tickets would be good as per Jeri Ryan a few years ago which seemed to work very well :thumbup:

Are you forgetting the limitations of the man himself? He has Parkinson's, which means his ability to sign autographs will be limited, hence why only a few have been agreed, and only for those on the diamond pass. Photoshoots will be easier dor him to manage.

Whilst I appreciate that a lot of auto hunters will be disappointed to miss out, I think he should be lauded for the fact that he is doing this at all.

Hmm, did you not bother to read the post then? Like I said, I can appreciate his illness and it would be unreasonable to expect Michael to sign autographs for hours on end during the weekend! What I am trying to highlight here is the lack of affordable autograph packages for autograph collectors. Not everyone attends these shows for the photo shoots. I will miss out on meeting Michael due to this fact :BRUISED:

I have entry tickets, my sister does not. Went to the store Saturday entry sold out!

If I get a Sunday entry for my sister will she be ok using the photo ticket on the Sunday ???

Just also thinking what happens if you bought a diamond ticket for this & now the Saturday entry tickets are sold out, would you still be allowed in ????

Please be patient. The office people are barely in, new stock will be hopefully added soon.

Tickets are day specific, so please for now don't buy Sunday tickets for your sister. Diamond Passes require Entry still.

• Like 1

Exactly what PenthePirate wrote.

Michael suffers from Parkinson's. I've seen my own grandmother suffer for years from that. Signing is causing a lot of difficulties, and I imagine this is why a limited amount of signatures are being spread out over a few days. If it was an open signing Michael would no doubt attract Stan Lee size crowds, and a Parkinson patient simply can't cope with that many signatures.

I'm sure other Diamond Guests will have other options which will please an autograph hunter more. But under the given circumstances I agree, Michael needs to be lauded for doing this at all.

Hence the Jeri Ryan reference!! A limited amount of autograph opportunity tickets for a limited amount of signatures from Michael would have been nice :no:

• Like 2

Hmm, did you not bother to read the post then? Like I said, I can appreciate his illness and it would be unreasonable to expect Michael to sign autographs for hours on end during the weekend! What I am trying to highlight here is the lack of affordable autograph packages for autograph collectors. Not everyone attends these shows for the photo shoots. I will miss out on meeting Michael due to this fact :BRUISED:

As you say yourself, due to his illness Michael can only sign a limited number of autographs. Due to that a certain and reasonable way for the autographs had to be found and that was the Diamond Pass in the end.

Photos are easier for him. So that still means a large number of attendees will get to meet him and at least a number of autograph collectors will get a signature.

Hence the Jeri Ryan reference!! A limited amount of autograph opportunity tickets for a limited amount of signatures from Michael would have been nice :no:

Jeri Ryan was just a pre-sale of the standard autographs. I'm sorry, but I don't quite get the connection.

A truly fantastic announcement (for those who can afford it!!) As an autograph collector I am still smarting from this. Having the once in a lifetime chance to meet a guest of Michael's caliber and then to be told it will cost me £445 is quite frankly unacceptable to me. Why is it that there are SO many photo shoot options and only the one autograph package? I can appreciate that Michael would find signing umpteen hundreds of photos etc almost impossible so why isn't there a more affordable option for us autograph collectors? My fiancee has been able to secure a photo shoot at the cost of £85 which is great. Unfortunately I have been priced out of what would have been a great experience which would have stayed with me for years to come :no:

Now don't get me wrong, I am not knocking SM and I consider myself to be one of the shows biggest and long serving supporters. All I am asking is that you give the autograph collector a fair chance of meeting future guests of Michael J Fox's stature by offering a more affordable package. A limited number of pre-order autograph tickets would be good as per Jeri Ryan a few years ago which seemed to work very well :thumbup:

Are you forgetting the limitations of the man himself? He has Parkinson's, which means his ability to sign autographs will be limited, hence why only a few have been agreed, and only for those on the diamond pass. Photoshoots will be easier dor him to manage.

Whilst I appreciate that a lot of auto hunters will be disappointed to miss out, I think he should be lauded for the fact that he is doing this at all.

No, I did read the post. I was merely expressing my view that SM will have managed to get him to agree to do the most he feels able.

I get what you mean about more affordable packages, and to be honest I thought I would be priced out of even a photoshoot for this. Correct me if I am wrong, but are you inferring that maybe Michael could have been asked to sign some autographs before coming, in his own time, which could then be sold to collectors for a more reasonable price?

As for being given a fair chance to meet guests of Michael's calibre in future, including more affordable autograph packages; I am sure that SM will do this, however those guests will not likely have the same physical limitations as Michael.

• Like 2

I don't understand how people "autograph collectors" like myself, can complain about the fact that there wont be any extra signings.

Ofc i also thought about the fact that maybe they could have done a photo/autograph package, 1 photo+ 1 autograph for something something.

But it aint anything I'll sit here b******g about and complaining. For me it's a dream come true to just be able to MEET Michael J. Fox, and to be able to perhaps even shake his hand,

and to get a photo with him. That picture will forever crown my movieshelve. :D

Ofc i will be saden that i wont be able to add his autograph to my back to the future box with the rest of the cast, but i can live with it. Atleast I'll be able to meet the guy, and thats gold worth. :D

• Like 2

Well done Showmasters for securing this guest but I'm very disappointed that the initial announcement was a bit misleading. MJF was the first name that came to my mind but the line that stated it wasn't going to be who we all thought made me dream bigger!

The photo ops are a reasonable price I'd say but the HUGE £445 price tag for the chance of an autograph is a bit rich for most people. Makes me worry for the future as bigger guests are booked, is the sky the limit when it comes to putting a price on meeting them?

I guess it's only worth what we are willing to pay but for some people it's not a case of willing, it's a case of having the money. For me, meeting someone like Sigourney Weaver would be worth £445 plus, but I couldn't get that sort of cash together in 7 days, especially not before pay day!

Hope everyone who was in, got!

Edited by Julie_443
  • Like 3

Will the photo with Dolorean be with a real car or green screen?

The Christopher Lloyd photo was with a real car. I can't see this changing.

Thanks very much. :thumbup:

My sister want's to get one for my 10yr old nephew who has autism and I'm not sure how he would have got on posing for a green screen shot.

Having a physical car there in front of him to see would be much easier.

Well done Showmasters for securing this guest but I'm very disappointed that the initial announcement was a bit misleading. MJF was the first name that came to my mind but the line that stated it wasn't going to be who we all thought made me dream bigger!

The photo ops are a reasonable price I'd say but the HUGE £445 price tag for the chance of an autograph is a bit rich for most people. Makes me worry for the future as bigger guests are booked, is the sky the limit when it comes to putting a price on meeting them?

I guess it's only worth what we are willing to pay but for some people it's not a case of willing, it's a case of having the money. For me, meeting someone like Sigourney Weaver would be worth £445 plus, but I couldn't get that sort of cash together in 7 days, especially not before pay day!

Understandable that the price would be limiting for some, but the £445 is for so much more than just an autograph. If you go back to the first post, there are lots of things tied in with it over the weekend that, I think, definitely make it worth the cost. Just wish I could have managed to get one!

• Like 1

And Arnold Schwarzenegger was £700 in Leeds just for the photo.

Wouldn't have paid more than 100 for it and even that would be too rich ;)

Even if I were as famous as him I still wouldn't have charged that much for photoauto , I would tried to have decent prices so that even normal folks could afford it. But money talks , that's the way it is.

But then it won't be him setting those figures, but his agency. I can guarantee you there's a lot of celebs out there who would happily sign for you for free (especially Arnold who really has no need for more money). But their agents strike these deals and that's the price you pay. The only way to get an auto like that without paying extortionate amounts is to bump into said person on the street, where they're not under any contractual obligation to have you pay for it.

• Like 1

Understandable that the price would be limiting for some, but the £445 is for so much more than just an autograph. If you go back to the first post, there are lots of things tied in with it over the weekend that, I think, definitely make it worth the cost. Just wish I could have managed to get one!

Yeah I get that there's other stuff included, but it's all been bunched together so you couldn't choose just an autograph.

WOW this is an amazing announcement although Michael wasn’t the guest for me I can see how much excitement this is generating among fans. I’m so pleased that many of you have been able to get something for that weekend. You can totally see how this would be a one off. I’m sure he will be a wonderful guest!

Thank you SM for making my life complete!!! This really is the best announcement in all the years I've attended events.

I was lucky enough to meet Michael briefly at a taping of Spin City in 1999. He signed a BTTF item for me and personalised it, which was an amazing moment for me in my very early 20s. The item is still framed and on my wall in the house. I'm so pleased I can have another chance to meet my childhood hero.

The diamond pass is worth every penny.

• Like 4

Please be patient. The office people are barely in, new stock will be hopefully added soon.

Tickets are day specific, so please for now don't buy Sunday tickets for your sister. Diamond Passes require Entry still.

More tickets up for Saturday entry, got me sister sorted now.

Phew, wasn't sure more were to be added, thought that was it as it's only ticket entry this year on the Sat.

Anyhow I can relax now lol :D

• Like 1