Main Hall Seating

Too Tall

It's because we're all so polite and I love it, it's absolutely infuriating when you leave Britain and there are no queues or more specifically it's full of people who don't know how to queue and feel it's their god given right to just shove in anywhere regardless of how long someone has been standing there!

Or even worse when said types come here and don't respect the British queuing system, I've had some baaaaaad experiences at cons with people who can't and won't queue properly!

Respect the queue people 🇬🇧

• Showmasters Admin

Platinum is A and B (150 in each)

Gold is C and D (300 in each)

Silver is E, F, G, H (125 is each).

But don't worry, if it looks like it's getting silly we'll just called Gold © 1 to 100, and so on.

We've both grouped and numbered the tickets, we intend to call by group but if we need a smaller granulation we have the numbers too.

Also we have lots of crew for queues so it'll all work out fine.

• Like 6

Good to know, thanks TT.

Re. queuing, I am German and I really hate those stupid human beings arriving no matter where late and just pushing their way to the front of whatsoever. I love queuing! It's an easy and valuable system.

• Like 2

But don't worry, if it looks like it's getting silly we'll just called Gold © 1 to 100, and so on.

We've both grouped and numbered the tickets, we intend to call by group but if we need a smaller granulation we have the numbers too.

Wow, that's a lot of folks ! So each day there will be VIP, then 150 Platinum, then 300 Gold allocations to each photoshoot, plus then Silver and individual photoshoots ?

Wow, that's a lot of folks ! So each day there will be VIP, then 150 Platinum, then 300 Gold allocations to each photoshoot, plus then Silver and individual photoshoots ?

I read that as VIP then 300 Platinum in total, then 600 Gold in total then 500 Silver!

I read that as VIP then 300 Platinum in total, then 600 Gold in total then 500 Silver!

Yes. Those amounts are split over the two days. the packages don't get to go daily. Don't we all wish we would? :lol:

Queston: If I have to leave mid talk for a photo session will my seat be safe? I know it sounds like a silly question but I'd had past issues where I went to the toilets mid talk was gone all of 2 mintues to find a stuward was trying to give my seat away, while the kind soules that were sat next to me were valently arguing my cause, even though they didn't even know me.

Edited by ascendant.angel

You're not the only one wondering this Angel, which is frankly why I adore cons with numbered seating - a hassle for the crew setting it up but fantastic for the attendees.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

I really hope people won't be allowed to keep seats for friends who aren't there yet. I've seen this at events in the US (not yours!) where Americans keep literally rows of seats for friends who arrive late, thus depriving folks who have taken the trouble to turn up on time the chance of a better seat.

If people say they are holding seats for people who aren't there yet, just say that they cannot hold seats and sit down. If they have put items on the seats ask them politely to move it, if they won't move it yourself and give it back to them. Or call over a crew member.

As long as you are polite there won't be any issue from your side.

Additionally people who leave a seat in between themselves and others in the row. It's annoying because those who are late or last in the queue then have to shuffle past everyone to reach the spare seat, which when you are carrying lots of stuff, especially when it's large is very hard to do.

Edited by Raylenth

Due to us not wishing to leave large areas of seating empty near the front of the talks we will be loading the Main Hall in the following manner…

Approximately 5-10 minutes before each talk attendees will be loaded in the following order:

VIP pass holders

Disabled Attendees – You will be sat (made space for wheelchair) in an area appropriate to your ticket/package type.

Platinum pass holders in Group order.

Gold pass holders in Group order.

Ticket holders in batch order.

If you enter the Main Hall after this initial loading the following will happen:

VIP pass holders – You have reserved seats.

Disabled Attendees – Please talk to the crew.

Platinum pass holders – There will be seats in the Platinum area.

Gold pass holders – There will be a reasonable* number of spare seats left in the Gold section, but if these are full you will simply find a seat at the back.

Ticket holders – Find a seat at the back.

After each talk all attendees (excluding VIPs) must leave and re-enter the main hall. Disabled Attendees we will make exceptions for you if needed, please talk to the crew.

*What does reasonable mean? In a talk like Benedict’s we will leave the full allocation of Gold seats. In the smaller talks we will leave 50-100 spare seats in the Gold section for Gold Pass Holders coming in late.

Is there an actual seating plan you can post? I think this may make things easier for first timers (like myself) to get some idea on where seating will begin/end according to the package/ticket you have. Colour coding for respective seating/packages would help. Thanks

Rant! There is already a qeue for BCs talk. We.ve been informed that.s only called by ticket type now! That means I will end up in the far back, because I just joined the queue! No matter that I.ve got gold #26.

I am fed up. That's completely disappointing!