warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

Someone from Big Bang Theory is my guess

this would make me very happy as I love that show :smile:

however, given that it's quite mainstream with people in general and not just geeky / con people, I would be surprised if they would warrant being a Diamond Pass guest, especially when Mayim aka Amy Farrah Fowler did a con in the US last year :coolthumb:

surfy sah xx

Ewan McGregor, Mel Gibson, Kurt Russell, Kevin Costner, Anthony Hopkins.

Kurt Russell would be someone around the £25 ish mark so I doubt it'd be him as a diamond guest.

Does he do cons?

I don't know but its a figure I'd guess he'd be. Best thing in my opinion that he did was Used Cars. Very funny movie

Just to keep it in the BTTF theme how about Crispin Glover?

I haven't a clue if he's done a Convention before

As likely as Thomas Wilson....

I remember Jason passing comment in a thread a while ago about Crispin and that they'd been a conversation which made me think of him. Edited by mightymax

Fear I have now, as I already have Robert Englund and Christopher Lloyd Diamond Passes, is that I am going to run into some horrendous clashes between the various guests.

It would be great if SM could give assurances of no clashing for these 'big money' passes.

since you mentioned it, thought I would link to Jason's post in the "General Chat" section :coolthumb:

Hi everyone

​I​ think there is a lot of info going on about these new Diamond passes and how they work and what you get, there are also several threads with different info in them, so ​I ​feel it would be good and helpful to lay out some bullet ​points on the passes and also go into why they work like they do and the benefits we feel they bring to you the collector.

The main important thing that everyone must be aware of, each guests Diamond pass will be different​.​T​hey will all offer different aspects and products that have been agreed with the guest and are never going to be the same guest to guest.

Each Diamond pass will be priced differently​,​ as each guest will have a different agreement and will cost the show a different amount.​

​W​hat is offered in the pass will be different​,​as some guests will agree to some things and others will not agree to offer some aspects. ​

​If​ there is something very unique ​(​such as a make up shoot)​ the costs involved are increased (such as ​having to ​provide an​ approved make-up artist to be flown in from the US) and this can add 1000s to the cost of making a photo shoot happen, so it does affect Diamond pass cost.

Some things that are in a guests Diamond pass are​ only being offered to Diamond pass holders,​ and cannot be bought outside of this package so it gives you something rare and unique.

You can buy more that one Diamond pass for the same guest​.​ Y​ou would only do this if you wanted,​ for example, an extra Robert England make-up photo shoot which is exclusive to his Diamond pass, or if there are two of you wanting to be in the same photo and extra Diamond Pass can be purchased.

​You can purchase a Diamond Pass for two different guests, (Robert Englund and Christopher Lloyd, for example)​ but there may be a clash in photo shoots, ​talks or some other ​aspect of the passes. ​I​f this happens then you are to talk to the pit bosses that look after the aspects of the pass that clash,​ and they will try to assist you in getting everything your pass includes​.​ W​e will do everything we can in order to​ not clash things that are big or that are happening only once as we want you all to get what you want. You should talk to the relevant pit bosses to help you on the day, we are good at this, and rarely is there a time where a fix cannot be found to help you.

If you have bought a photo op or a talk for say Christopher Lloyd and then you ​want to upgrade to a Christopher Lloyd Diamond pass contact the show and they will be available to help you upgrade.

Your Diamond pass will give you the benefit of not needing a VQ ticket for the lines.​ ​Y​our number on your Dog tag will be your VQ ticket and in Robert Englund's case you can go and get his autograph on any day over the 3 days he is at the show , his Make up is only going to be there on the Sunday so that will happen once that day and again your Dog tag will act as your VQ ticket and you will be called up in batches.

The money you pay for your Diamond pass is to cover the things you get included in the pass such as a seat at the talk, a photo op, a autograph,​ a print etc etc all the items that are listed in the shop when you bought your ticket.​ W​hat it does​ not include is entry to the show​.​ I​t does not give you any privileges to jump queues in other guests lines or get into the gold pass chill out room. ​T​he Diamond Pass​ is just for that guest and you will receive what is listed for that guest'​s Diamond pass and no more.

If you want to jump queue and use the gold pass room then you will need to buy the Gold Pass as it​'​s only this pass that gives you these privileges (a full list of these privileges is available in the online shop)

​You​ will need to buy your entry to the show, either and​ entry ticket that allows you to enter from 9am or a gold pass entry ticket.​

​You will need one of these to gain access to the show.

If you miss one of your Diamond pass exclusive activities due to not being at the show on time or not getting to the right place on time we are not responsible for this and we will not be refunding parts of the Diamond pass because you could not get there​. All​

sales are final and as long as we provide the opportunity over the day or days that is all we can do. ​S​o please be there on time and keep an eye on when things are happening, and if you see something clashing or are in trouble and are going to miss something then ASK for help.​ G​o to a red shirt/Pit boss and explain your issue, WE CANNOT HELP YOU AFTERWARDS we are all here to help you and we want you to get everything you are meant to.

Some of the passes include an exclusive Tshirt. If your pass includes one of these T-Shirts please provide your T-Shirt size (S, M, L, XL or XXL) in the order and delivery comments box ​at the time of ordering. Anyone that does not include a T-Shirt size will receive a randomly sized T-Shirt from those remaining.

• Like 1

The thing with spending a lot of money on a star is you really need to think about why you are spending the money. In this case I think if you are going to spend more money and I think Showmasters should at least let people know if it's the same price as the Robert Englund one or more or less, you need to think about is it going to be worth it. In other words are you someone who just collects signed items and couldn't care less what a guest looks like or has to say or are you someone who wants to meet them and talk to them. I always got a lot of heat on here for talking about why when I go to shows I like to speak to the guests and of course, and I don't mean this in a bad way but the British thing to do is think less of yourself lol, People are brought up to do as they are told so when they heavy few tell you no talking, sign then leave, think of others in the que! Most do it without batting an eyelid.

I think in situations like this you cannot think like that. If people are going to spend hundreds of pounds meeting someone then that should include time with them. Don't think of it as hundreds of pounds on a handshake and signature. You'd be aswell spending the same amount in the main hall and meeting 10 guests for what this will likely cost you and you'll get 10 handshakes and signatures! Hopefully less means more. Less tickets sold means more time with the guest but if the pendulum swings the other way and people do end up doing what I said. You need to ask yourself on Thursday what you're gonna get out of it. The likely hood is many people will pay a lot of money to spend just a few seconds with this person. Mentally you need to be ok with that. I know Stan Lee is the most recent example of people going crazy.......and many leaving dissapointed but that was different. Stan Lee is at the end of his run. The final hurdle so to speak and what a legacy he will leave behind.

You get what is advertised. If it says £500 (made up amount before anyone quotes me!) for an auto and a photo, then that's what you get. It doesn't include a 5/10 minute talk. You're correct in that people need to decide whether they'd pay that for what they're getting though. The fact is that you can't start expecting things that aren't included. If you're unhappy with a price then don't pay it. Market forces will dictate if something is worth what it is on sale for.

• Like 2

Liam Neeson would be pretty amazing!! Maybe they're bringing Qui-Gon

It depends if he's gotten over how he was treated by the Autograph dealers who publicly debased him in 2012 or not.

really what happened

It was the day of the Wrath of the Titans prem, a load of the dealers were outside the station waiting for him, he said he'd sign after coming out and from what I can gather meant it - then they flung a whole load of verbal abuse at him, and clearly made him unhappy hence why he didn't sign ANYTHING for TRUE Fans at the Titans premiere the same day.

This is precisely the reason why I cannot stand dealers, I've said it before I'll say it again, they ruin this for everyone. They don't care whether the person is male or female they will use words that I cannot and (as a Gentleman) shall not use on here.

Problem is, its when dealers do stuff like this that upsets the Star that sees them not wanting to meet the TRUE Fans at the premieres, this was one of the fears that went round the morning of the Morning Glory prem, just imagine the uproar that would have occurred if Harrison Ford had been mistreated like that? And he turns up to the prem and doesn't sign a thing.

yeah ur definitely right I love meeting the stars and every autograph I get is signed for me and the amount of abuse some people give them who ain't true fans makes it bad for everyone else

Totally agree. I can't stand all the dealers when I'm up at prems or theatres etc. I think the only way to stop them would be if all celebs just said "one per person and personalised only". Most real fans would be happy with that and eventually dealers would get the hint.

when I met Christian Bale years ago at the Batman premiere that's what he did, he insisted on personalising every autograph, which took time, but at least it meant that those of us who really wanted to meet him got what we wanted without the dealers getting in the way. Dealers are one of the main reasons why I stopped doing premieres years ago, they ruined the fun of it and would push and shove and yell and curse and real fans were just in the way to them and got abused :(

I understand reasons why people like their photos personalised but I prefer it without. I used to when I first started collecting autographs but think it looks better with just the stars signature and maybe a memorable quote from film etc. Especially if there are multiple signatures on the photo.

sickkgirl - Is there any need to make such a comment as that within your post

My comment was in reference to the MJF posts, if it wasn't MJF then the next BTTF guest who'd be difficult to get would be Crispin. Jason has said elsewhere within the forums previously that they've spoke to Crispin's people before.

• Like 1

In terms of guessing maybe it's David Jason? It's a name you wouldn't expect plus he's been in lots of franchises. He's done private signings but nothing public before to the best of my knowledge?He did an autobiography signing late 2013

Could be Jim Parsons, don't know if he's signed at an even before though? :)

Big fan of the show would love to meet him! Don't know if he would be classed as A List celebrity though.

Could be Jim Parsons, don't know if he's signed at an even before though? :)
Big fan of the show would love to meet him! Don't know if he would be classed as A List celebrity though.
I do kind of agree but they are the highest paid actors in TV these days. That's TV A list. I don't think it's them though as none of them are exactly household names.
  • Like 1