warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

Probably not Michael J. Fox, I don't think he would count as an A-list anymore.

MJF not A-List?!?!?...actually you're right; he's freakin' AAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++++ LIST!!!!!!!

Not anymore. Just as McEnroe isn't playing pro tennis in the top 10 anymore.

It's not about his abilities as an actor, just his involvement in big projects as a lead, which is what A-list should mean.

In the past there have been many guests that were once A-list, but now have settled down, which gives them a chance to do cons.

Edited by robertderidder

how about

Keanu Reeves

Hugo Weaving

Will Smith

Jaime Foxx

Chris Evans

Michael Keaton

Ian McKellen

Bruce Willis Maybe

Christopher Walken

Tim Dalton

Jack Nickalson he said in the past that he has been trying to get him in the past and that he always wanted to see him at a showmasters event

Edited by Starbug
  • Like 1

Yeah, if you want people like Ford, Stallone and Arnie, you are going to have to pay for it. If it's worth it is only a decision you can make. For some it will be, for others not....

We can't ask SM why they don't get this level of guest and then complain when they say it will be expensive.

I agree with that.

• Like 1

Going to put on my deerstalker and point out Jason wrote;

Its the dream of meeting guests like this that i went into running events in the first place :dance:

-and knowing Jason is a BIG Star Wars fan I'm going with someone from that world. James Earl Jones would be awesome.

• Like 2

I want to say Dolph Lundgren but I really doubt he's that big.

Looking through a list of current top actors...

Kevin Spacey perhaps? Unless he's done something before.

Dolph has been doing conventions in Australia recently. I would be really pleased if it was him though!

• Like 1

how about

Keanu Reeves

Hugo Weaving

Will Smith

Jaime Foxx

Chris Evans

Michael Keaton

Ian McKellen

Bruce Willis Maybe

Christopher Walken

Tim Dalton

Jack Nickalson he said in the past that he has been trying to get him in the past and that he always wanted to see him at a showmasters event

Don't get your hopes up over Bruce, as there's a reason he wasn't in Expendables 3 as Sly Stallone made his feelings known.

James Cameron perhaps. Director of many BIG movies :thumbup:

Other guesses;

Samuel L. Jackson

Al Pacino

Robert de Niro

Clint Eastwood

Sean Connery

Harrison Ford

Matthew McConaughey

Daniel Day-Lewis

Sean Penn

Christian Bale

Could be a female also :whistling:

• Like 1

JEJ would be phenomenal to be sure.

Plenty of guesses out there but would like to throw my backing behind releasing the price beforehand. You still keep the suprise but might lessen the traffic on the EB site if people know beforehand that they're not going to be able to afford it. They can still post here but anything that keeps EB stable and operating for those interested in buying has got to worth considering.

Yeah, if you want people like Ford, Stallone and Arnie, you are going to have to pay for it. If it's worth it is only a decision you can make. For some it will be, for others not....

We can't ask SM why they don't get this level of guest and then complain when they say it will be expensive.

Which is why I get ever so irritated when in the past you get people bleating on about having HUGE and such unrealistic guests, "WAAAAA! I WANT HARRISON FORD (don't we all ;)) WWWWAAAAAA I WANT ARNIE! WAAAAAAAA I WANT I WANT I WANT!" but yet these same people moan when another guest is £10 more than they'd be willing to pay.

Those like Harrison, Harrison and Harrison wont EVER be in the £20 - £55 price range in fact, to be fair to the man you could stick another couple of noughts on those figures, the guy IS Harrison Ford, to expect to pay £100 for an Autograph would be the same as asking him a myriad of Star Wars questions and expecting him to be really happy and eager to answer #Nothappening.

On the other hand, Harrison being in the three figure price range is what most/those in the know/savvy enough would be prepared to pay hence why I'm going to be donating most of my non vital organs to Branston ;)

#HarrisonFordFTW

• Like 3

Well A-list star opens up to alot of things. Ranging from all of the recent Marvel films cast to past A-list stars as there is nothing saying they are current or not.

I'm just thinking of the connection to the films that have strong connections to this years event and from what I gather its 35th anniversary of Empire Strikes Back which makes me think Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill or George Lucas.

Then theres Back to the Future which you would think Michael J Fox

However a really out there guess connecting to the film links with this years con would be Johnny Depp and his connection to Nightmare on Elm Street

I was gonna guess Johnny Depp. IT HAD BETTER NOT BE BECAUSE I WILL DIE BECAUSE I HAVE NO MONEY BUT HE'S A LEGEND AND GAH I feel a little bit sick thinking about this.

• Like 2

It would have to be that the first proper Diamond guest is announced the same time as a certain watch is released! Looks like my credit card could well be taking a beating this month!

what watch?
Not sure if I'm allowed to say on here but a certain fruit named company who are known for their computers phones and tablets have their new watch on presale today. Edited by Wrong Name

It would have to be that the first proper Diamond guest is announced the same time as a certain watch is released! Looks like my credit card could well be taking a beating this month!

what watch?
Not sure if I'm allowed to say on here but a certain fruit named company who are known for their computers phones and tablets have their new watch on presage today.

I like that description. :lol:

But yes, you are allowed to say you're going bankrupt because of the new Apple gadget already. ;)

• Like 2