warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

That being said I do think it is someone of an elder generation and these are just some of the list I would sell my left kidney to meet:
(Though I have no knowledge of their signing history and I have read the whole thread, gladfully and having been greatfully entertained so apologise if I've forgotten some have been mentioned again..)

Morgan Freeman,

Max von Sydow,

Angela Lansbury,

James Earl Jones,

Sidney Poitier,

Christopher Plummer &

Gene Hackman.

There are a tonne of others and we only have just over a day left to find out... lets get a countdown clock going.

Edited by Zahariel

I have read all of these pages but I cannot not remember if this person was suggested. But with the independence day announcements and jurassic world, even though he isn't down to be in it lol

How about Jeff Goldblum? I'd happily pay!

Edited by dazza1234
  • Like 6

That's a tiny bit harsh Robert. This thread is really too long now to read from the first to last post.

I agree. This is a huge post that would take ages to read from start to finish.

Some people are saying it's annoying when guests are suggested who don't fit or have been mentioned a few times since someone has already said they've done signings. These people say it's a waste of their time having to read the same guest's name over and over again.

However, I say just either ignore them or be considerate of the fact that some people don't have time to sit and scroll through hundreds of posts. Also, some people aren't familiar with the signing histories of every celebrity.

In actual fact, reading 'Harrison Ford?' takes a lot less time than reading the responses of people saying how annoying it is, that it's a waste of their time and that everyone should read through the hundreds of posts before posting themselves. The blunt, inconsiderate responses are an even greater waste of time, and they are just adding to the problem.

I don't mean to start anything, I just think people could/should be more considerate towards others.

I understand what you're saying. But if you, for whatever reason, haven't read a thread and come up with a suggestion then I think you should be prepared for someone to tell you that this has been suggested and debunked already. I do agree that there have been some rude and unnecessary responses, but if you're not putting the effort into reading everything you should expect a response.

What you're saying is it's fine to annoy the people who have read this thread but not those who've just joined and ignored what's come before. There needs to be a balance, that's why a simple "they have been suggested, and have signed somewhere before" is all that is needed.

Let's play nice people!

Also, using the Google to at least try to find out if the person you are suggesting has attended / signed at a con wouldn't really take much time and would cut down on the number of repeat guesses......

I agree. I also agree that yes it is annoying sseeing the same names being suggested page after page but when a thread is as active as ones like this you can't hope to keep up. I haven't even seen SM's replies because I don't have the time to read through it all.

I don't think they have responded since making the announcement.....

People are free to guess whoever they want. It really doesn't matter if it's been said before. It's not going to kill people to read the same guess again.

None of it is worth arguing over so please let's just keep things civil on here. It's just a guest announcement.

If it was 'just a guest announcement,' people wouldn't be getting so wound up about it... :whistling:

• Like 1

• Moderators

I agree. I also agree that yes it is annoying sseeing the same names being suggested page after page but when a thread is as active as ones like this you can't hope to keep up. I haven't even seen SM's replies because I don't have the time to read through it all.

They have only responded to confirm that the price would be released at the same time as the guest announcement and to reiterate that this really is a one time opportunity

I can't be bothered to read through again so these might have been mentioned before:

Ryan Reynolds

Chris Hemsworth

Tom Hiddleston

Old school:

Warren Beatty

Faye Dunaway

I'm just throwing names around now :smile:

1 day, 6 hours and counting ........Please be Ford, Eastwood or Neeson :rolleyes:

Ooooh, Hiddleston....... ::::drool::::

• Like 1

That's a tiny bit harsh Robert. This thread is really too long now to read from the first to last post.

I agree. This is a huge post that would take ages to read from start to finish.

Some people are saying it's annoying when guests are suggested who don't fit or have been mentioned a few times since someone has already said they've done signings. These people say it's a waste of their time having to read the same guest's name over and over again.

However, I say just either ignore them or be considerate of the fact that some people don't have time to sit and scroll through hundreds of posts. Also, some people aren't familiar with the signing histories of every celebrity.

In actual fact, reading 'Harrison Ford?' takes a lot less time than reading the responses of people saying how annoying it is, that it's a waste of their time and that everyone should read through the hundreds of posts before posting themselves. The blunt, inconsiderate responses are an even greater waste of time, and they are just adding to the problem.

I don't mean to start anything, I just think people could/should be more considerate towards others.

Interesting how my remark seems to be the rudest thing ever said, while saying something like: "I don't feel like reading what everyone else says" is not.

If you aren't interested in what other people say, why should we be interested in what you say? That seems inconsiderate to me.

But, from the responses here, I must be wrong. So I deeply apologise to anyone who feels offended in some way.

You aren't wrong; you were blunt and to the point, but it wasn't rude. Some people have chosen to interpret it that way, but you can't control how other people react. After 40 pages of comments, it would be nice to see a few "new" names being mentioned lol

That being said I do think it is someone of an elder generation and these are just some of the list I would sell my left kidney to meet:

(Though I have no knowledge of their signing history and I have read the whole thread, gladfully and having been greatfully entertained so apologise if I've forgotten some have been mentioned again..)

Morgan Freeman,

Max von Sydow,

Angela Lansbury,

James Earl Jones,

Sidney Poitier,

Christopher Plummer &

Gene Hackman.

There are a tonne of others and we only have just over a day left to find out... lets get a countdown clock going.

Sadly, although we might consider these actors "legends" and "A-list" guests, there are many on the forum who wouldn't have a clue who they are :unsure: ...Then again, when the Power Ranger announcements were made, I was like, "Who?" :rolleyes: Guess it's a generational thing lol

I have read all of these pages but I cannot not remember if this person was suggested. But with the independence day announcements and jurassic world, even though he isn't down to be in it lol

How about Jeff Goldblum? I'd happily pay!

Oh sweet Jesus, make it so!

My Fly poster is dying to be caressed by old Goldy :D

• Like 1

They have only responded to confirm that the price would be released at the same time as the guest announcement and to reiterate that this really is a one time opportunity

Oh yeah......I can't tell who is "Showmasters" and who is a forum moderator lol

Oh yeah......I can't tell who is "Showmasters" and who is a forum moderator lol

Jason has posted a few times since his first post :)

x1morgan, on 15 Apr 2015 - 7:44 PM, said:

has Bruce Willis done any?

From what I've heard, Bruce isn't very fan friendly. He is well known for simply walking past fans asking for his autograph and he certainly has never been to a convention signing stuff...

But who knows, maybe it's the $$$ that can convince him? I certainly wouldn't mind :thumbup:

With exactly twenty-four hours to go until we find out who it is, I haven't made a single guess in the previous forty-two pages of comments. But now I am. Christopher Eccleston, Michael Caine, Jeff Goldblum or Timothy Dalton. Some of my favourite actors!

• Like 2